Where will you be on draft night?

mead107

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate this new draft format! Since 1987 me and college buddies would get together for draft weekend. We would each bring 3 or 4 different draft publications, go shopping Friday for the weekend, go out Friday night, and then not leave the house all weekend. It was like a draft warroom. Now the draft has jumped the shark. Ever since they stretched it out over 3 days, my friends and I have not gotten together for draft weekend. Screw you NFL

I hate this new draft format! Since 1987 me and college buddies would get together for draft weekend. We would each bring 3 or 4 different draft publications, go shopping Friday for the weekend, go out Friday night, and then not leave the house all weekend. It was like a draft warroom.

So, don't take this the wrong way, but that is kinda weird no?

Why not go golfing or bar hopping or just get together and grill and play cards and smoke and drink and tell dirty jokes?

So, don't take this the wrong way, but that is kinda weird no?

Why not go golfing or bar hopping or just get together and grill and play cards and smoke and drink and tell dirty jokes?

we still get together once or twice a year. Everyone is busy with work and family. But every wife understood when it was draft weekend when we got together. Its not the same

I try to keep this pathetic aspect of my life private. I do it at home, but had my first born on my lap at 3 weeks of age watching as I explained the important things he needed to know. He's now in his 20's and stays ahead of me on Bills news. I guess it worked.

I try to keep this pathetic aspect of my life private. I do it at home, but had my first born on my lap at 3 weeks of age watching as I explained the important things he needed to know. He's now in his 20's and stays ahead of me on Bills news. I guess it worked.

quality parenting!!

we still get together once or twice a year. Everyone is busy with work and family. But every wife understood when it was draft weekend when we got together. Its not the same

This is why I love the new format. The handful of times I can still get together with buddies these days I don't want to spend it sitting in the house on a Saturday in May watching a boring draft. Thursday night is perfect; watch for an hour or so until the Bills pick (usually), watch a little more, then go to bed.

quality parenting!!

He lives in Nashville now and texted me the second the schedule came out. Bill play the Titans on my birthday. ROAD TRIP! (It was just meant to be...)

Edited by Augie

I hate this new draft format! Since 1987 me and college buddies would get together for draft weekend. We would each bring 3 or 4 different draft publications, go shopping Friday for the weekend, go out Friday night, and then not leave the house all weekend. It was like a draft warroom. Now the draft has jumped the shark. Ever since they stretched it out over 3 days, my friends and I have not gotten together for draft weekend. Screw you NFL

I used to love Draft Saturday so much. We basically celebrated it just how you describe. We would stock up and then show up at whomever's house then proceed to grill, drink, and bull **** the entire day. Such great memories.

@ da bar. No pick = no interest. I'll have my device on -so if Trader Doug works more magic, I'll get in on it -but I don't expect it.

1st time in 20+ years that I'm not interested at all in Rd 1.

Being a football fan, I don't see how the lack of a first rounder makes you uninterested. The results Thursday have an immeasurable impact on years to come. Not to mention, Thursday results directly effect the Bills selection at 50. Maybe I'm not as excited but I am equally as interested

I love the draft mostly because I am a huge fan of college football and watched a lot of the players pretty closely. I obviously am very interested in who the Bills get, but also can't wait to see who our divisional opponents draft and where my Buckeyes end up.