Report: Eagles to sign Tebow

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For many militants in the anti-Tebow camp Aaron Hernandez is less objectionable. Tebow represents a culture war to them. He's a white, pro-life, religious conservative from the south - public enemy #1 to them. Hernandez could easily be explained away as an unfortunate victim of the white privilege of a "culture of intolerance" created by people like Tebow.

He symbolizes everything they hate. What happens on the field has little to do with what makes Tebow such a polarizing figure.

Wow, reach much?

As a Tebow "hater" (for lack of a better term), you really need to look at the religious conservatives who seem to hold him up as some kind of saint or savior.

Any criticism against "player Tebow" is somehow magically transformed into criticism of "religious Tebow", and by extension, religion itself.

That's probably due to the religious conservatives seeing Tebow's ability and his success being a result of his religion.

Chip kelly thinks he is still playing madden 2016

I think I am starting to see Kelly's plan. Dump all his good players and put his faith in God. The Eagles will be getting their butts kicked up and down the field, and he will turn to Tebow and say, Its up to you Tim. Tebow will drop to his knees and start praying. He just better hope God is an Eagles fan.

There's no risk in signing a toaster to play QB, but what's the point?

They need an arm since Bradford (however long he's destined to stay in Philly) isn't ready to go and Tebow supplies that. I wouldn't be shocked to see him actually make the team, we'll see what happens.

They need an arm since Bradford (however long he's destined to stay in Philly) isn't ready to go and Tebow supplies that. I wouldn't be shocked to see him actually make the team, we'll see what happens.

You need him to make the team so you can stop wearing long sleeved shirts to cover your "Tebow is God and Flutie is Jesus" tattoo.

Edited by Gugny

You said the Eagles need an arm.

You said the Eagles need an arm.

Making me defend TIMTEBOW!!! the QB is nearly as bad as making me defend something that the team from Foxborough did. I don't have much confidence that he'll stick there, but, it really is such a small move...like I said earlier, low risk.