Kim Jones interview with Rex Ryan on CBS radio NY

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/wfan-audio/

Great interview

Oh and he loves Tyrod Taylor, if we didn't already know

Also on Amaro and player accountability - "Talk about accountable we'll hold him accountable" LOL

He is also honest about the OL. I have no doubt there is more change to come there based on his comments.

Lessons he has learned on the QB position from the Jets - hire the right coaches and have a real competition

Edited by YoloinOhio

Ryan sure made it sound like Kiko was expendable.

You mean by saying how good he was? Ryan sounded exactly as most people here have portrayed it. He liked Kilo, thought he was outstanding but we just didn't need him because of Brown and Branham. And when the opportunity came up for getting Shady he jumped at it.

You seem to be changing your description of his position. Almost everyone has been arguing that he was expendable and that's why they could trade him. And you have seemingly been arguing that Ryan just didn't like him or he had no place for him in the defense and wanted him gone.

You mean by saying how good he was? Ryan sounded exactly as most people here have portrayed it. He liked Kilo, thought he was outstanding but we just didn't need him because of Brown and Branham. And when the opportunity came up for getting Shady he jumped at it.

You seem to be changing your description of his position. Almost everyone has been arguing that he was expendable and that's why they could trade him. And you have seemingly been arguing that Ryan just didn't like him or he had no place for him in the defense and wanted him gone.

I never said he didn't like him or wanted him gone.

Good interview. The Kiko thing...look, I love the guy, and will root for him when not against the Bills but I get it.

But what really strikes a chord for me is that a lot of this team is the Island of Misfit Toys. Rex is a fantastic defensive coordinator who had his best players cut away. Roman is the run game mastermind who got abandoned when his boss got into a feud with the owner. McCoy was a franchise RB who got traded because he didn't give a smile and a yessir to the new Kommendant on his team.This is a team of new starts, fresh starts, and I am eager to see what happens.

Good interview. The Kiko thing...look, I love the guy, and will root for him when not against the Bills but I get it.

But what really strikes a chord for me is that a lot of this team is the Island of Misfit Toys. Rex is a fantastic defensive coordinator who had his best players cut away. Roman is the run game mastermind who got abandoned when his boss got into a feud with the owner. McCoy was a franchise RB who got traded because he didn't give a smile and a yessir to the new Kommendant on his team.This is a team of new starts, fresh starts, and I am eager to see what happens.

Yup, I too will root for Kiko when not playing the Bills. I really think Kiko's a good player and I'm a big fan of his. Had fun with the legend of Kiko, have his jersey and a couple of t shirts with him on it. With that being said, and looking at what we had and needed on the team this trade made so much sense for the Bills.

As a head coach, Rex should get off the Amaro story ASAP. It should be beneath him (the kid's a nobody).

that was what he said in the interview. He was asked about it, answered the question, then said he wasn't going to talk about it anymore because Amaro was (paraphrasing) a nobody.

As much as he wanted to talk about the Bills, she kept steering it toward the Jets. He handled it well, in my opinion. He tried to reel her back in, but she wouldn't have it. She kept trying to hit the "Rex is bitter and scorned," angle, but he wouldn't bite.

He handled the Amaro part beautifully. "If Harris, Mangold or Ferguson were to say something like that, I'd be hurt/devastated. But a kid like that? Nah." "He talks about accountable ... he'll be held accountable when we play 'em."

Good interview.

Ryan sure made it sound like Kiko was expendable.

Um, because he was? I thought Rex called it like it is - said he's a talented good player, didn't play a snap last year on a top-5 D, and is coming back from an ACL (higher risk)

He didn't say this, but Kiko possibly also had higher than his street value to Kelly because of his Duck background. All of that together makes him expendable, despite being recognized as a talent.

That was a good interview; I was impressed by Kim Jones. Never heard of her before but she asked good questions and it wasn't a typical fluff piece.

Kim Jones is very good. She covered the Yankees for many years on Yes, mostly doing the "on field" player interviews. Last I knew she jumped ship to the NFL Network.

As much as he wanted to talk about the Bills, she kept steering it toward the Jets. He handled it well, in my opinion. He tried to reel her back in, but she wouldn't have it. She kept trying to hit the "Rex is bitter and scorned," angle, but he wouldn't bite.

He handled the Amaro part beautifully. "If Harris, Mangold or Ferguson were to say something like that, I'd be hurt/devastated. But a kid like that? Nah." "He talks about accountable ... he'll be held accountable when we play 'em."

Good interview.

Perfect answer.

Perfect answer.

Fred actually commented on Amaro too. Memo to Jace: Do not piss off Fred Jackson. Sincerely, Donte

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/04/what_jerry_hughes_other_buffalo_bills_players_are_saying_about_transitioning_fro.html

"He fired back at Jets tight end Jace Amaro saying Ryan's teams lack accountability, and Jackson said the Bills are already lining up behind their new coach.

"We'll make sure that the tone is set on the football field," Jackson said. "We'll show who's accountable when we show up to play them on Sunday.

"I'll tell you what. It's going to be a fun game when we play those guys. I'm looking forward to it."

Fred actually commented on Amaro too. Memo to Jace: Do not piss off Fred Jackson. Sincerely, Donte

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/04/what_jerry_hughes_other_buffalo_bills_players_are_saying_about_transitioning_fro.html

"He fired back at Jets tight end Jace Amaro saying Ryan's teams lack accountability, and Jackson said the Bills are already lining up behind their new coach.

"We'll make sure that the tone is set on the football field," Jackson said. "We'll show who's accountable when we show up to play them on Sunday.

"I'll tell you what. It's going to be a fun game when we play those guys. I'm looking forward to it."

One of the many reasons I love Freddy. He'll tell how it is and back it up.