NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! And let's hope Oakland celebrates well. From what I hear from the hills above Oaktown is lots of pre-fourth fire works. Have fun down there but please be safe and for the love of God don't embarrass us. Oakland is about to turn a corner as a city.

It would be so funny if he did, and went to the Hawks or Wizards. Just total mercenary style.

I've been a LeBron fan since he was in high school, and even I'd have trouble sticking with him if he went merc.

Congrats! And let's hope Oakland celebrates well. From what I hear from the hills above Oaktown is lots of pre-fourth fire works. Have fun down there but please be safe and for the love of God don't embarrass us. Oakland is about to turn a corner as a city.

So true.

In the Stanley Cup, I would always know when the 'Hawks scored... Somebody close would blow off an M-80. I wouldn't even have to follow it and I would kind of know the score.

I wonder if this was all part of "The Script?" Was this scripted like some elustrious poster here thinks? Was Golden State supposed to win this year? Ha!

There are people in the know saying this may be one of the best teams ever.

So true.

In the Stanley Cup, I would always know when the 'Hawks scored... Somebody close would blow off an M-80. I wouldn't even have to follow it and I would kind of know the score.

M-80's?? The size of the **** they've been blowing off down in the flatlands the past few weeks has been scary. Every year they blow massive **** up for a whole month for the fourth.

Iggy has to win MVP. He was the best player on their team in the Finals.

LeBron was easily the best player in the series, but there's only so much one player can do by himself really. Just keeping it this close without Love and, Irving was impressive. This offseason is going to be interesting for the Cavs. Thompsom and Mosgov emerging while Varejao sits. Love with his option. They'll be in the finals again because of LeBron and Kyrie, who they'll have around them will be the question.

I understand why Iggy was voted MVP. And I get the sentiment that it should go to a player from the winning team. EXCEPT when the player on the losing team has done something unprecedented in NBA finals history. LeBron James did just that when he became the first player in history to lead both teams in scoring, rebounds, and assists.

Too bad Cleveland lost their other two All Stars for the series. I think they would have won it going away if they hadn't. I love GS's style of ball, but they had an easy task on the defensive side of the ball all series. Lowe and Irving would have presented certain matchup problems and they and James would have had a ton more room to operate.

Hopefully, we'll get to see these two teams go at it for several more years.

There are people in the know saying this may be one of the best teams ever.

M-80's?? The size of the **** they've been blowing off down in the flatlands the past few weeks has been scary. Every year they blow massive **** up for a whole month for the fourth.

I am not an explosives expert, so I am guessing M-80... K-88?? What's next 1/2 stick of dynamite? But I do know the difference between semi-automatic burst cadence and explosives. They do from time to time whip the guns out. Last summer there were a few clowns shooting them off, then another would answer under the cover of the first... WTF... I let their freedom slide a bunch of times, but when it carries on into the early morning, I had to call the Po Po... :-( Some will always spoil the fun for others.

I understand why Iggy was voted MVP. And I get the sentiment that it should go to a player from the winning team. EXCEPT when the player on the losing team has done something unprecedented in NBA finals history. LeBron James did just that when he became the first player in history to lead both teams in scoring, rebounds, and assists.

Too bad Cleveland lost their other two All Stars for the series. I think they would have won it going away if they hadn't. I love GS's style of ball, but they had an easy task on the defensive side of the ball all series. Lowe and Irving would have presented certain matchup problems and they and James would have had a ton more room to operate.

Hopefully, we'll get to see these two teams go at it for several more years.

I agree. I also think LeBron should have been MVP, I just assumed that they would never give it to him so I went with my backup choice. Completely agree on the how the series would have went if Love and Irving were healthy.

Can't Lebron opt out?

Yes and he will. He will sign another 1 year deal. The cap goes crazy next year (I think but It may be the year after) and that is when he will sign his long term deal. That is what everyone is trying to do. Edited by Kirby Jackson

MJ: 6-0 in the Finals

LeBron: 2-4 in the Finals

Not sure how Michael would have done if they'd lost Pippen and Rodman/pick someone else during a run. Jordan's teams lost plenty of series against superior opponents in the post season, it just always happened before the Finals.

Yes and he will. He will sign another 1 year deal. The cap goes crazy next year (I think but It may be the year after) and that is when he will sign his long term deal. That is what everyone is trying to do.

He's only got one year left on his current deal. Cap blows up after 2016. Opting out would mean leaving CLE.

Not sure how Michael would have done if they'd lost Pippen and Rodman/pick someone else during a run. Jordan's teams lost plenty of series against superior opponents in the post season, it just always happened before the Finals.

Almost exclusively against the Pistons (another all-time team), and earlier in his career. Jordan's last six pro seasons ended in championships.

MJ is still the greatest of all time, no matter what LeBron says.

Almost exclusively against the Pistons (another all-time team), and earlier in his career. Jordan's last six pro seasons ended in championships.

False

Final 2 seasons his team didn't even make the playoffs

M-80's Hmmmm, Nice to hear it has been cleaned up. They used to shoot off guns Espceially in Man Jose.

Oh there's been gunfire but not a lot. They've been shooting off fireworks in the flatlands since the beginning of the month. Fourth of July starts early here and goes on for over a month.

Final 2 seasons his team didn't even make the playoffs

Oh crap, yes, I stand corrected. I had blocked that ridiculous Washington "comeback" out of my mind.

His last six "meaningful" seasons ended in championships.