NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

i enjoy the absolutism of "win or nothing...... unless its like really impressive"

im not sure where i fall. its only happened 1 time in the nba. not sure about other sports. it struck me as an interesting debate given that its pretty much accepted to be win or nothing, but lebron really has been several cuts above anyone else on the floor.

My bar is if Lebron forces game seven while breaking the record for points in a playoff game. So, 70. Even though the record is only 63.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm jealous all the same and I'm not a fan of either team. Enjoy it, dude, hope you have a blast.

Thanks. I honestly haven't had a team since the Braves.............I really want the city of Cleveland to win a championship, but I don't feel like they're my team...........I figured this would be a good time to put a check next to NBA Finals on my bucket list. And, my nephew is a Warriors fan, so he was all for the road trip!

I'm going down to Game 6 tomorrow and was hoping to be part of a Cleveland celebration for the ages. Now I just hope not to see GS win it on the Cavs home court.

I haven't really been following this thread all that much so I don't know if you're a real Cavs fan or not, but if it were me I'd want to see the championship clinched live, regardless of who won.

Different sport, but in 2006 I had tickets to the Stanley Cup Final down here in Carolina because I had bought tickets to the Eastern Final and it was a package deal.

I sold the tickets to the first three games because I was so upset over the Sabres' loss, but swallowed my pride and took a buddy to Game 7. Although I had intense dislike for the Canes, watching a Cup-clinching performance and the post-game ritual was something I'll never forget.

I haven't really been following this thread all that much so I don't know if you're a real Cavs fan or not, but if it were me I'd want to see the championship clinched live, regardless of who won.

Different sport, but in 2006 I had tickets to the Stanley Cup Final down here in Carolina because I had bought tickets to the Eastern Final and it was a package deal.

I sold the tickets to the first three games because I was so upset over the Sabres' loss, but swallowed my pride and took a buddy to Game 7. Although I had intense dislike for the Canes, watching a Cup-clinching performance and the post-game ritual was something I'll never forget.

I was at Game 7 when the Cardinals beat the Rangers. That was like being at the moon landing. Very intense.

Thanks. I honestly haven't had a team since the Braves.............I really want the city of Cleveland to win a championship, but I don't feel like they're my team...........I figured this would be a good time to put a check next to NBA Finals on my bucket list. And, my nephew is a Warriors fan, so he was all for the road trip!

Me and a couple of my buddies tossed the idea around of making the short trip to Cleveland not so much to get tickets to an actual game but just to take in the party atmosphere especially if we could time it during a clinching game but with real world duties nobody really has the time or funds to go through with it. We all pretty much agreed if we were back in our early 20's we would've went 100%. One thing I've never gotten to experience in my life is being in a city during a Sports championship victory. Ideally I want the first time to be for either a Bills or Sabres championship or to a lesser extent a Chicago Bulls title(they've always been my favorite basketball team growing up in the MJ era) but the thought of just hanging out in Cleveland(and no I would not be parading around in Cavs gear pretending im a fan and my team just won) did sound pretty cool

Me and a couple of my buddies tossed the idea around of making the short trip to Cleveland not so much to get tickets to an actual game but just to take in the party atmosphere especially if we could time it during a clinching game but with real world duties nobody really has the time or funds to go through with it. We all pretty much agreed if we were back in our early 20's we would've went 100%. One thing I've never gotten to experience in my life is being in a city during a Sports championship victory. Ideally I want the first time to be for either a Bills or Sabres championship or to a lesser extent a Chicago Bulls title(they've always been my favorite basketball team growing up in the MJ era) but the thought of just hanging out in Cleveland(and no I would not be parading around in Cavs gear pretending im a fan and my team just won) did sound pretty cool

there is really nothing like it and the feeling lasts a long time. Fortunately I've been able to balance being a bills fan with being a buckeye fan. Buckeyes have had our share of painful losses, but 2 NCs in 12 years has been amazing and I hope every die hard fan of a team gets to experience it at least once. I know it's just sports but it's kind of life changing especially if you live in the city where it happens and that city is obsessed with said team. Edited by YoloinOhio

More of a presence thing.

I get it, but was noting that if that stat line is reflective of an underwhelming performance you are pretty great. This team quit at this point though.

Good series. Would've liked a little more drama but amazed Cleveland hung as well as they did given the injuries.

I get it, but was noting that if that stat line is reflective of an underwhelming performance you are pretty great. This team quit at this point though.

Good series. Would've liked a little more drama but amazed Cleveland hung as well as they did given the injuries.

30 points on 31 shots is not impressive. At all.

It's fitting jr smith would start hitting no look fadeaway bank shots from half court at this point after the many disasters he's been at the center of.

Stolen from Twitter:

If only JR Smith had some help from the rest of his team.

Iggy has to win MVP. He was the best player on their team in the Finals.

LeBron was easily the best player in the series, but there's only so much one player can do by himself really. Just keeping it this close without Love and, Irving was impressive. This offseason is going to be interesting for the Cavs. Thompsom and Mosgov emerging while Varejao sits. Love with his option. They'll be in the finals again because of LeBron and Kyrie, who they'll have around them will be the question.

Iggy has to win MVP. He was the best player on their team in the Finals.

LeBron was easily the best player in the series, but there's only so much one player can do by himself really. Just keeping it this close without Love and, Irving was impressive. This offseason is going to be interesting for the Cavs. Thompsom and Mosgov emerging while Varejao sits. Love with his option. They'll be in the finals again because of LeBron and Kyrie, who they'll have around them will be the question.

Can't Lebron opt out?

Warriors come out and play!

I probably should be rooting for Cleveland... But screw them and Ohio... Too close to BFLO and here's hoping we win one before they do! LoL

Anyway, aren't the Warriors the original Philly team. I guess that sucks too, but who remembers that far back? Gr8 that Golden State still keeps Cleveland ahead of BFLO... :-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois