NBA Playoffs

YoloinOhio

Anyone else leave that Cavs' team besides Lebron? <_<

Only one worth noting was Mo Williams, and they basically swapped players for the same production.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because the rules allowed hand checking and more physicality, it's that means all of the teams were deeper or better? To me, it just means the rules were different.

No, it just means the game was different and required a different breed of player. Tougher, more physical, more contested drives and shots. The only thing that's improved dramatically since the 90s in terms of the talent level is the amount of international talent coming into the game. The 90s had a bevy of hall of fame type big men playing across the league: Shaq, the Admiral, The Dream, Ewing, Morning, Mutumbo, even guys like Smits, Divac and Seikaly. How many dominate bigs are there today? Howard (when he feels like it), Anthony Davis, Cousins and Gasol... that's it.

You've been sitting here the entire time talking about how the Bulls were loaded but now all the sudden they weren't?

Saying the league wasn't as deep as everyone says it was isn't the same thing as saying the Bulls weren't loaded.

No, it just means the game was different and required a different breed of player. Tougher, more physical, more contested drives and shots. The only thing that's improved dramatically since the 90s in terms of the talent level is the amount of international talent coming into the game. The 90s had a bevy of hall of fame type big men playing across the league: Shaq, the Admiral, The Dream, Ewing, Morning, Mutumbo, even guys like Smits, Divac and Seikaly. How many dominate bigs are there today? Howard (when he feels like it), Anthony Davis, Cousins and Gasol... that's it.

I'll give you this, center has been a dying position in recent years(hopefully guys like Towns/Embid/Okafor change that). Hell. Just look at the Warriors. Outside shooting has been the prominent way of scoring for years now. I believe that guards and small forwards are much more talented as a whole nowadays.

I'll give you this, center has been a dying position in recent years(hopefully guys like Towns/Embid/Okafor change that). Hell. Just look at the Warriors. Outside shooting has been the prominent way of scoring for years now. I believe that guards and small forwards are much more talented as a whole nowadays.

Does the lack of dominant big men have a greater effect on a jump shooter or a lane driver?

Edited by FireChan

And coaches and half the roster which would obviously lead to a significant production drop off. But it's a good story so keep trying to tell it.

Like I said, no one really of note.

Does the lack of dominant big men have a greater effect on a jump shooter or a lane driver?

It does. Having a big man on the court is a detriment to the team guarding small lineups with great outside shooters.

JR Smith opting out of his contract with Cavs because he thinks he can get more money.

He's 30 and was terrible in the finals.

He finally made a business decision as bad as his shooting decisions.

Like I said, no one really of note.

It does. Having a big man on the court is a detriment to the team guarding small lineups with great outside shooters.

That wasn't my question.

JR Smith opting out of his contract with Cavs because he thinks he can get more money.

He's 30 and was terrible in the finals.

I like his ability to knock down shots, but the pouting that reared it's ugly head in games 4-6 was infuriating. So not only was he shooting terribly, but he was feeling bad for himself and not hustling back on D or running hard to get open because of it. I thought he had changed after coming to a better team with more accountability, but I was wrong. Good riddance.

Interesting

@JeffZillgitt: NBA moving forward w/plan to seed conference playoff teams 1-8 regardless of division winner starting in 15-16, per high-ranking NBA exec.

It would be nice if the NFL followed suit.

Alright OSU fans, give me the dirt on Russell.

I'm not sure how to feel about this one, I really wanted Okafor.

I watched a decent amount of him. Thought he had the best chance to be a superstar in this draft out of the top 3. He's an athlete but not crazy. Best G in the draft for sure. Even with Mudiay.

Edited by FireChan