which player do you hope slides to us at 50 realisitcally?

Pete

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shaq thompson looks good....I want another piece to this defense. A guy could come in and contribute right away playing behind this line. I want a lb who is solid in pass coverage to cover gronk.

This!

For the first year in a while, rookies will have a hard time making this team let alone being an immediate contributor. With that said, a guy like shaq could contribute in a big way right away.

A guard/OT would be a nice fit but realistically could they crack the starting five? Not that our five is all world, but we have seen rookie linemen struggle not just here but around the league (there are certainly exceptions).

I hope for an impact player at 50 - but anyway you slice it we are in the best position roster wise than we have been in a longgggggggg time

Curious for you Shaq Thompson hopefuls, since he's somewhat undersized would you want him to play OLB or step in at SS?

He would be like the biggest SS in the NFL if he played there. I see him as an upgrade to the Searcy role. Play nickel LB, blitzer, and in box SS. He is a great athlete (former minor league baseball player) and a guy Rex would love. Unlike Wanny, Rex is a very creative defensive mind.

This!

For the first year in a while, rookies will have a hard time making this team let alone being an immediate contributor. With that said, a guy like shaq could contribute in a big way right away.

A guard/OT would be a nice fit but realistically could they crack the starting five? Not that our five is all world, but we have seen rookie linemen struggle not just here but around the league (there are certainly exceptions).

I hope for an impact player at 50 - but anyway you slice it we are in the best position roster wise than we have been in a longgggggggg time

I love point. Some folks will freak out if a rookie doesn't start right away, but it speaks to how loaded this team is right now. Good teams don't have a lot of holes to fill.

Curious for you Shaq Thompson hopefuls, since he's somewhat undersized would you want him to play OLB or step in at SS?

Swiss army knife.

I think he's a good fit for an ILB in a 3-4 and an ideal nickel defender. A guy that can blitz, bump a slot receiver or TE, protect inside against a run from 11 or 20 personnel, and force plays outside.

He would be like the biggest SS in the NFL if he played there. I see him as an upgrade to the Searcy role. Play nickel LB, blitzer, and in box SS. He is a great athlete (former minor league baseball player) and a guy Rex would love. Unlike Wanny, Rex is a very creative defensive mind.

He's basically the same weight as Kam Chancellor I think, just 3" shorter. I like the way he projects to a physical, in the box SS :D

He's basically the same weight as Kam Chancellor I think, just 3" shorter. I like the way he projects to a physical, in the box SS :D

Yup. I love Chancellor. IF he could be 75% as good as him, we'd have the best defense in the NFL. He's probably goimg in the 1st though.

That is what I kind of see. Rex loves to play 3 safeties and he also loves versatility because it is easier to disguise things (see Clay, Charles). For me Shaq opens things up for other players.

Is Landon Collins unrealistic?

McKinney, Cameron Erving, Jake Fisher, Arik Armstead, Maxx Williams, Shaq Thompson

I'd be thrilled if we got one of those 7 guys.

If I had to guess, I'd say 2 of those guys have a shot at falling to the 2nd, let alone 50. But I like where your head's at as far as players :)

His versatility is what intrigues me. Rex would probably use him as both a safety or OLB, depending on the Situation (eg: safety on short yardage/running situations, and OLB on passing downs).

Completely unrelated, but I think Robey is going to have a big year. His ball-hawking instincts and blitzing abilities will be optimized by Rex (see 2013 season with Pettine).

shaq thompson looks good....I want another piece to this defense. A guy could come in and contribute right away playing behind this line. I want a lb who is solid in pass coverage to cover gronk.

Me too. So on offense we have added Clay, Harvin, Incognito, Felton, Cassel.....on defense we lose Searcy and Spikes....I would like to add some help on D this draft. The 2015 draft is loaded on offense, especially WR and RB. And it is fairly deep on oline. So those positions run deep into draft. There will be a run on defense in the first two rounds and then it drops off a little. If Cann is not there at 50 I want D. And there are some great pass rushers that could be available to us(Nate Orchard, Preston Smith, Kikaha, Hunter, Bennett, Davis)

Who is starting at LB besides Preston and Bradham?

as many have said, jake fisher.

i know we don't need another wr, and it's ethically questionable, but dgb is a man.

could get down with some jay ajayi - if mccoy goes down, we need a guy back there to make the run-first offense go, and i'm not sure jackson can handle the full load.

would get stoked if we nabbed cameron erving.

or that cedric ogbuehi guy.

as many have said, jake fisher.

i know we don't need another wr, and it's ethically questionable, but dgb is a man.

could get down with some jay ajayi - if mccoy goes down, we need a guy back there to make the run-first offense go, and i'm not sure jackson can handle the full load.

would get stoked if we nabbed cameron erving.

or that cedric ogbuehi guy.

we need DGB. Because he's a 3-letter nickname with the last name Beckham. Championship, obviously! ;) Edited by YoloinOhio

Shaq would be awesome. Rex would find a way to get him on the field of play.... somewhere. Got to see him a lot here on the Left Coast. He is just a great football player who you want on the field.... Big upgrade over a Searcy, as far as your top 11 defensive players goes. Afraid he won't be there, however. We might be looking to trade down to grab a 4th with so many solid linebackers in this draft. Excited this year boys and girls !!!