Kromer: All 5 spots on OL are open to competition

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ChrisBrownBills: Cyrus Kouandjio has hit it off with new #Bills OL Aaron Kromer. http://t.co/E3RQYcLd5L

One of my top 3 wishes for this season is that Kouandjio plays well enough to win the RT job from Henderson. Henderson being the team's swing OT would be an absolute dream scenario IMO.

That just leaves the guard positions to be sorted out.

How will they know who fits the best without playing games?

Its not so much about games... its about communications. Its about who is strong at what aspect and putting him in a position to play his game. Its hard to explain. But basically you need to find who are your zone scheme man scheme hybrid guys and put them together. Without knowing the scheme we are running. Its tough to articulate. But they are looking at the hand in glove chemistry

I was thinking about Eric Wood moving from center

Been beating that drum for a while my brotha

Where are people seeing Cameron Erving mocked?

Its not so much about games... its about communications. Its about who is strong at what aspect and putting him in a position to play his game. Its hard to explain. But basically you need to find who are your zone scheme man scheme hybrid guys and put them together. Without knowing the scheme we are running. Its tough to articulate. But they are looking at the hand in glove chemistry

I think Erving falls somewhere between 25 and 40. I actually think he should play guard in the NFL though...what worries me about him is how low he carries his hands; they're always at his waist, and it got him in trouble on the edge (and will be worse at the pivot against NFL NTs).

Anyway, I'm 100% convinced that Wood's best position is center, and that's where he should stay.

I think the dream G/C scenario, for just about any team, would be to draft AJ Cann, start him out at guard, and then move him to center once he's had a full NFL offseason under his belt.

Why is everyone so willing to unseat Seantrel Henderson.......the kid is a superb athlete who should only get better in his 2nd season.......

The best possible scenario is that one of these guys can play GUARD......and actually start.

That would be a blessing.

Maybe Kromer went to his HC and told him he can work with what he has in hand.......perhaps that is why we have not brought in another free agent OL?

I'm as happy as anyone that Marrone is gone and Rex is here. I really didn't like Marrone last year, and I always liked Rex. But Roman and Kromer are going to be the two key coaches and the most important factors in our success this season. Kromer should be a huge upgrade. Roman as well.

It is just baffling to me that Marrone was a OL coach and the OL REGRESSED under his watch.....

I mean....that NEVER happens....

A HC that was a DC will often times struggle with the offensive side

A HC that was a OC will often times struggle with the D side

But a HC that was a OL coach has a poor offensive line? I mean......what the heck.......

It is just baffling to me that Marrone was a OL coach and the OL REGRESSED under his watch.....

But a HC that was a OL coach has a poor offensive line? I mean......what the heck.......

sometimes you will see a guy try to do more with less and itll hurt them -- but it seemed they werent unwilling to add talent, and everyone underperformed was the really shocking part. even established guys went backwards. very strange.

I see him anywhere between SD and Denver

Why is everyone so willing to unseat Seantrel Henderson.......the kid is a superb athlete who should only get better in his 2nd season.......

The best possible scenario is that one of these guys can play GUARD......and actually start.

That would be a blessing.

Maybe Kromer went to his HC and told him he can work with what he has in hand.......perhaps that is why we have not brought in another free agent OL?

It has zero to do IMO with wanting to unseat Henderson...it's more about what a HUGE upgrade it would be if Kouandjio could elevate his play to above where Henderson was last year. That would make the OT situation on the team much, much better. You'd have 3 guys that can play.

sometimes you will see a guy try to do more with less and itll hurt them -- but it seemed they werent unwilling to add talent, and everyone underperformed was the really shocking part. even established guys went backwards. very strange.

This is weird, at least on the face of it with what we saw last year. There was clearly a regression in the level of play on the OL.

I guess we'll see this season if it really was Maroon's incompetence/bad communication/pig-headedness, or whatever.

But the OLine stunk last year. I'm thinking it'll be a lot better this year now that there are NFL caliber position coaches, OC, and HC in place at OBD.

Thats not the what the heck moment... the real what the heck moment is that he is now.... AN OFFENSIVE LINE COACH!!!!

It has zero to do IMO with wanting to unseat Henderson...it's more about what a HUGE upgrade it would be if Kouandjio could elevate his play to above where Henderson was last year. That would make the OT situation on the team much, much better. You'd have 3 guys that can play.

I think we all want the same thing......

I honestly would like to see Kujo go to OG and shine.....because I think we really have something in Henderson....and I dont want Glenn to move

I think we all want the same thing......

I honestly would like to see Kujo go to OG and shine.....because I think we really have something in Henderson....and I dont want Glenn to move

I know what you mean

I don't think much of Kouandjio at OG being a possibility. Just too upright, angular, and plodding. He can get away with those traits on the boundary with good coaching, because he's got very long arms, he's smart, and he's strong. On the interior, where he'll have even less time to react and face bigger bodied guys with lower centers of gravity, I think he'll get dominated.

JMO of course

Hope for Kujo or Henderson to be a good RT and the other a swing backup OT. Pears and Hairston gone

Richie should be LG , Urbik at RG and draft and sign a FA at final cut down , then Urbik can be back up RG/C

If Chris Williams can recover and stay healthy , back up LG, Urbik struggled switching to LG

Edited by ALF

Hope for Kujo or Henderson to be a good RT and the other a swing backup OT. Pears and Hairston gone

Richie should be LG , Urbik at RG and draft and sign a FA at final cut down , then Urbik can be back up RG/C

If Chris Williams can recover and stay healthy , back up LG, Urbik struggled switching to LG

I think a lot of people are assuming that RI is the automatic starter. He has been out of football almost 2 years by the start of the season, wasn't that great before he got suspended, and is in his 30s. He has a lot to prove in camp.

I think a lot of people are assuming that RI is the automatic starter. He has been out of football almost 2 years by the start of the season, wasn't that great before he got suspended, and is in his 30s. He has a lot to prove in camp.

at this point I think any of our guards have a lot to prove is the reason you see people assuming RI. I mean, at this point, its hard to pencil in anyone else. Williams, incognito, urbik, richardson, and kujo -- its hard to pick two and not have RI be one of the names until we either add someone or get to camp and get to start seeing this years play...

Edited by NoSaint