Mock Drafts

Where the heck is all the mock draft stuff? I know last year I posted one a bit early, but I mean it feels like theres no posts this year.

Used Fanspeaks draft simulator, and using their rankings I had some really hard choices to make. Came out with this and while I would have loved to pick up another corner/safety or possible OT as we swing someone inside to guard, since I am no where near skilled enough to make those kind of deductions on current player skills for the team I was pretty happy with this outcome. Let me know what you guys think (Also Maxx Williams goes to use as the second TE off the board which I feel is completely unreasonable but I'll take it on draft day every day of the week)

50: R2P18
TE MAXX WILLIAMS
MINNESOTA
81: R3P17
G JEREMIAH POUTASI
UTAH
155: R5P19
TE TYLER KROFT
RUTGERS
188: R6P12
ILB BRYCE HAGER
BAYLOR
194: R6P18
DT TYELER DAVISON
FRESNO STATE
234: R7P17
QB CODY FAJARDO
NEVADA
So would love feed back, maybe we can get a player ranking going for who we would realistically take in each pick. Personally I love the idea of replacing Tool Time with Kap 2.0
Edited by RK_BillsFan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First post after following TBD for years... Enjoy doing the drafts. Using Drafttek (in favor of their mock drafts) I came out with

TE CLIVE WALFORD
MIAMI (FL)
G ALI MARPET
HOBART
OLB ZACH HODGES
HARVARD
S CLAYTON GEATHERS
CENTRAL FLORIDA
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON ST
WR J.J. NELSON
UAB
I would like Maxx to drop as well, but with mine I was happy taking Walford in the second. Taking a late round flier on a QB seems like a good idea, and I've always been partial to Mannion.

Clemson, I agree I don't think maxx will be there for us at 50 but would be ecstatic if he was. Also Ali in the second round would be great. I honestly don't think we really need another corner or safety considering how many we have already, although Rex loves having lots of them. I do think we need a lb in the draft although not as big a need since at times Mario Williams and Jerry Hughes will probably line up that way. I do however really feel that we need a dt to add as depth and as a possible heir to kyle Williams.

If Laken Tomlinson from Duke is available @ #50 I'd pull the trigger w/out reservation - he is the highest rated pure guard in several draft boards

Height: 6-3. Weight: 323.

Projected 40 Time: 5.18.
Projected Round (2015): 2-3.

3/21/15: Tomlinson blocked well for Duke in 2014. He is a strong run-blocker who has to improve his pass protection for the NFL. Sources have said that after a slow start to the season, Tomlinson was very good in the second half of the year. He also had a strong week at the Senior Bowl. Some teams have graded Tomlinson in the third round, but believe the organization that likes him enough to draft him might pull the trigger in Round 2.
Double major in evolutionary anthropology and psychology. Grew up in Jamaica and didn't start playing football until his high school years at Lane Tech in Chicago, Illinois.

source: http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OG.php

66 - R3P2
DE SHANE RAY
MISSOURI
81 - R3P17
G A.J. CANN
SOUTH CAROLINA
100 - R4P1
RB DAVID JOHNSON
NORTHERN IOWA
124 - R4P25
CB KEVIN JOHNSON
WAKE FOREST
194 - R6P18
ILB TAIWAN JONES
MICHIGAN STATE
234 - R7P17
TE NICK O'LEARY
FLORIDA STATE

My actual draft on Fanspeak using Scott Crasnik's player rankings database...I just got three first round picks in most Mocks..made two move down trades to pick up the 2 fourths..

Edited by Formerly Joe F

If Laken Tomlinson from Duke is available @ #50 I'd pull the trigger w/out reservation - he is the highest rated pure guard in several draft boards

Height: 6-3. Weight: 323.

Projected 40 Time: 5.18.

Projected Round (2015): 2-3.

3/21/15: Tomlinson blocked well for Duke in 2014. He is a strong run-blocker who has to improve his pass protection for the NFL. Sources have said that after a slow start to the season, Tomlinson was very good in the second half of the year. He also had a strong week at the Senior Bowl. Some teams have graded Tomlinson in the third round, but believe the organization that likes him enough to draft him might pull the trigger in Round 2.

Double major in evolutionary anthropology and psychology. Grew up in Jamaica and didn't start playing football until his high school years at Lane Tech in Chicago, Illinois.

source: http://walterfootball.com/draft2015OG.php

Agreed.

First post after following TBD for years... Enjoy doing the drafts. Using Drafttek (in favor of their mock drafts) I came out with

TE CLIVE WALFORD
MIAMI (FL)
G ALI MARPET
HOBART
OLB ZACH HODGES
HARVARD
S CLAYTON GEATHERS
CENTRAL FLORIDA
QB SEAN MANNION
OREGON ST
WR J.J. NELSON
UAB
I would like Maxx to drop as well, but with mine I was happy taking Walford in the second. Taking a late round flier on a QB seems like a good idea, and I've always been partial to Mannion.

Mannion won't last that long.

This is always such a crap shoot because everyone seems to evaluate talent differently and even the best evaluators are frequently wrong.

I will be amazed if Walter gets a single pick correct for the Bills.

The only one that I see us getting is Marpet from Hobart. We just seem like the perfect team for a local d3 guy who could be a day 1 starter at a position of need for us.

Freddy said he has given him his number and reached out to support the guy. I hope we take a shot at him if he's there in the 3rd

2. TE Clive Walford 6'4" 260 Miami

3. RT Rob Havenstein 6'8" 333 Wisconsin

5. OG Jeremiah Poutasi 6'6" 335 Utah

6. QB Sean Mannion 6'6" 235 Oregon ST

6. DE Louis Trinca-Pasat 6'3" 290 Iowa

7. CB Nick Marshall 6'1" 220 Auburn

UDFA : NT Terry Williams 6'1" 353 ECU, RB Tyler Varga 5'11" 227 Yale, FB Aaron Rpkowski 6'1" 255 OK

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I think we go OT or OG at 50. I don't think any of the top TE's will fit what we want to do. I think we will get a better blocking TE later in the draft. I think any news about QB or TE at 50 is just a smokescreen

Agreed. I think we're looking at BPA for the most part, but I'd be surprised if either of our first 2 picks were anything other than OL, ILB, or S unless someone starts falling hard.

Here's what I got using CBS Sports' Big Board:

50 - R2P18
ILB BENARDRICK MCKINNEY
MISSISSIPPI STATE
81 - R3P17
G TRE' JACKSON
FLORIDA STATE
155 - R5P19
S CLAYTON GEATHERS
UCF
188 - R6P12
CB NICK MARSHALL
AUBURN
194 - R6P18
QB BRANDON BRIDGE
SOUTH ALABAMA
234 - R7P17
WR JORDAN TAYLOR
RICE
Edited by BuffaloHokie13

To me the decision the Bills will have to make and live with at pick 50 is do you go with that OG who you think has a 90% chance of starting for you this year or do you go with the inevitable guy you have rated at 26 but is there for you at 50 and risk having no OGs at 81 who you see as a starter.

2. TE Clive Walford 6'4" 260 Miami

3. RT Rob Havenstein 6'8" 333 Wisconsin

5. OG Jeremiah Poutasi 6'6" 335 Utah

6. QB Sean Mannion 6'6" 235 Oregon ST

6. DE Louis Trinca-Pasat 6'3" 290 Iowa

7. CB Nick Marshall 6'1" 220 Auburn

UDFA : NT Terry Williams 6'1" 353 ECU, RB Tyler Varga 5'11" 227 Yale, FB Aaron Rpkowski 6'1" 255 OK

Would absolutely love the Wisconin kid in the 3rd round. I was really impressed with him during Senior Bowl week, and I think he would make a perfect RT. Only problem is that I don't see him playing OG in the NFL. Clive Walford in the 2nd would have me doing back flips.

Would absolutely love the Wisconin kid in the 3rd round. I was really impressed with him during Senior Bowl week, and I think he would make a perfect RT. Only problem is that I don't see him playing OG in the NFL. Clive Walford in the 2nd would have me doing back flips.

me too

DE PRESTON SMITH
MISSISSIPPI STATE
G ALI MARPET
HOBART
CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU
OREGON
OT SEAN HICKEY
SYRACUSE
TE MYCOLE PRUITT
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
S CLAYTON GEATHERS
CENTRAL FLORIDA

66 - R3P2
DE SHANE RAY
MISSOURI
81 - R3P17
G A.J. CANN
SOUTH CAROLINA
100 - R4P1
RB DAVID JOHNSON
NORTHERN IOWA
124 - R4P25
CB KEVIN JOHNSON
WAKE FOREST
194 - R6P18
ILB TAIWAN JONES
MICHIGAN STATE
234 - R7P17
TE NICK O'LEARY
FLORIDA STATE

My actual draft on Fanspeak using Scott Crasnik's player rankings database...I just got three first round picks in most Mocks..made two move down trades to pick up the 2 fourths..

Pretty good draft

G LAKEN TOMLINSON

DUKE

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY

CLEMSON

TE JEFF HEUERMAN

OHIO ST

S KURTIS DRUMMOND

MICHIGAN ST

QB SEAN MANNION

OREGON ST

DE FRANK CLARK

MICHIGAN

Used FanSpeak with the DraftTek big board, I know these things aren't very accurate but I would love this draft

Edited by 910BillsFan