Rumor: Eagles trying to trade Bradford for Manziel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm in a very small minority here but I'm not ready to write off Johnny. He is too dynamic of a player. I have never seen someone shred SEC defenses like he did. He clearly has issues and demons that may never get in check. If he does I think that he can be productive in the NFL.

The one thing that has me doubting this is the fact that it's not done. Unless Chip is asking for a first or second, the Browns would never let him hang up the phone before agreeing to a deal that would not only get them the QB they want, but also jettison a player they are desperate to move on from. Seriously, if this trade happens, champagne will be flowing at Browns HQ.

Maybe I'm in a very small minority here but I'm not ready to write off Johnny. He is too dynamic of a player. I have never seen someone shred SEC defenses like he did. He clearly has issues and demons that may never get in check. If he does I think that he can be productive in the NFL.

i think Chip may be the one HC that can salvage him

Hell yeah!

they got confused from his commercial because they didn't watch the whole thing. they thought he was Johnny Jam Boogie but obviously he just needed a Snickers. Duhhhh

Who is the other Browns guy in that commercial? I would think he is an OL,

Agreed. May not predict it will happen but there is a chance for sure. Kelly could probably do it, too.

If Johnny Eightball didnt like Mariotta signing with Oregon how is he going to like getting traded to Philly and then Kelly doing everything he can to get Mariotta.

It's stupid to write off any young qb (as many have done here). That said:

1) he played on a loaded offense with NFL players all around him. He played for a coach who helped get Case Keenum to become the ncaa's all time leading passer.

2) he is not physically gifted enough. Can Newton destroyed the SEC and he is a freak of nature. And he struggles with injuries.

Manziel is Mike Vick with much less physical gifts.

3) I always think rich kids who have been given everything struggle mightily at failure. It's JMO but I think this rehab stuff is complete BS. It's an excuse he's using because he realized he simply isn't good enough.

So again, it's dumb to say any young qb wont make it after 1 or 2 years in the NFL. I just have had major doubts about him since college.

I do find it funny that some of Manuel's harshest critics were also huge Manziel fans and make a million excuses for him. As an EJ supporter, if he had Manziel's rookie year, I would want him gone.

It's stupid to write off any young qb (as many have done here). That said:

1) he played on a loaded offense with NFL players all around him. He played for a coach who helped get Case Keenum to become the ncaa's all time leading passer.

2) he is not physically gifted enough. Can Newton destroyed the SEC and he is a freak of nature. And he struggles with injuries.

Manziel is Mike Vick with much less physical gifts.

3) I always think rich kids who have been given everything struggle mightily at failure. It's JMO but I think this rehab stuff is complete BS. It's an excuse he's using because he realized he simply isn't good enough.

So again, it's dumb to say any young qb wont make it after 1 or 2 years in the NFL. I just have had major doubts about him since college.

I do find it funny that some of Manuel's harshest critics were also huge Manziel fans and make a million excuses for him. As an EJ supporter, if he had Manziel's rookie year, I would want him gone.

So it's stupid to write off young QB's and you'd write off a young QB? Interesting.

Agreed. May not predict it will happen but there is a chance for sure. Kelly could probably do it, too.

If Johnny Eightball didnt like Mariotta signing with Oregon how is he going to like getting traded to Philly and then Kelly doing everything he can to get Mariotta.

That is kind of how I am viewing it. I don't give him a great chance (just like I don't give EJ a great chance) but I am not completely writing off either of them. That is all. Johnny has that "it" factor but also never really cared about anything. He will need an attitude adjustment but I think that physically he can certainly be tough to deal with. His skill set reminds me a lot of RW. RW is a hard worker and a leader and JM is in rehab. He has a long way to got to reach RW and doubt that he ever does but if he were a pretty good NFL player I would not be shocked.

So it's stupid to write off young QB's and you'd write off a young QB? Interesting.

I have seriously doubts about Manziel but if he is on the Browns, they would be dumb not to give him every opportunity to win the job. Only a dumb team like the Bills of 2014 would be happy with a passed around journayman starting. It gets you no where.

IMO, Manziel peaked. It's like Matt Leinart. He became a celebrity in college and he just isn't physically or mentally gifted enough for the NFL. I know it pains you but Manuel is physically and mentally superior to Manziel.

That said if I'm wrong about Manziel, I will gladly admit it.

+1. Too early to write the guy off. I like watching him play (and watching him implode at times) and he has a skill set that can win games in the NFL, it's just about what's upstairs. It's a long shot now that he has a prolific career at QB, but not impossible. Let's see how he bounces back from rehab.

I have seriously doubts about Manziel but if he is on the Browns, they would be dumb not to give him every opportunity to win the job. Only a dumb team like the Bills of 2014 would be happy with a passed around journayman starting. It gets you no where.

IMO, Manziel peaked. It's like Matt Leinart. He became a celebrity in college and he just isn't physically or mentally gifted enough for the NFL. I know it pains you but Manuel is physically and mentally superior to Manziel.

That said if I'm wrong about Manziel, I will gladly admit it.

Nothing pains me more than contradictions.