Source: Bills interested in former Bears C Roberto Garza

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 years old? That's long in the tooth for even a depth guy...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2104/roberto-garza

"This may be the end of the line for the 36-year-old Garza, who has started 176 games across 14 seasons for the Falcons and Bears. He's increasingly become a liability in pass protection and finished last year as PFF's No. 28 center among 36 qualifiers."

Edited by Lurker

Was he cut because of his age and declining play or money or all of these?

Declining play. He was on a one-year $1.5 million contract for 2015...

Maybe they are interested in him for his ability to mentor young players...a not unimportant role, even if he never sess the playing field again:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/04/02/kyle-long-on-roberto-garza-will-always-be-a-legend/

Edited by Lurker

Besides Urbik, we do not have a back up at center. Could also play both guard spots.

If we stick with the current O-line unit and Urbik goes down for any reason we lose a guard and the emergency center, so for depth reasons I really like that they are reaching out. Depth cant always be great, normally why they are depth.

Besides Urbik, we do not have a back up at center. Could also play both guard spots.

If we stick with the current O-line unit and Urbik goes down for any reason we lose a guard and the emergency center, so for depth reasons I really like that they are reaching out. Depth cant always be great, normally why they are depth.

This ^^. If we do not keep Urbik we desperately need a OG that can play C or backup C who can play G.

In general, I would think we can do better than Garza at this point in his career. But the fact that Kromer has been with him the last few years makes this surely okay in my book. If Kromer likes him, that's enough for me.

I was just about to post a thread about Garza. I thought the Bills probably should take a good look at him. I guess they took my advice. I just hope he doesnt cost much

I don't know. He'd be really undersized. He's only 6'0, 200. I think he's a better fit at WR but who knows.

:lol: