But...my daughter is so special!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to thinking about it and I want to change my answer. It is not the same as high school (don't whine if you don't play)

I'd like to know what the club said/promised in order to get the kid to play for them. Not what it is said they said--but the reality.

Parents are paying big money for a service. With other businesses, if a customer pays $2000+ and doesn't get what they want, they take it to court...this is not any different.

This is not about sport--it's about business.

They signed a contract, going to court is the way to break it.

It truly amazes me, how utterly pitiful you are at insults. I would have thought that, after all the insults you've received here over the years, you would have learned something beyond a third grader's "I'm rubber, you're glue!" retort.

Well it's hard to insult someone who combines the steadfastness and leadership of Gideon Pillow with the tactical mind and good looks of Benjamin Franklin Butler so cut Gatoman some slack.

I got to thinking about it and I want to change my answer. It is not the same as high school (don't whine if you don't play)

I'd like to know what the club said/promised in order to get the kid to play for them. Not what it is said they said--but the reality.

Parents are paying big money for a service. With other businesses, if a customer pays $2000+ and doesn't get what they want, they take it to court...this is not any different.

This is not about sport--it's about business.

They signed a contract, going to court is the way to break it.

How is it not different? Just because you pay doesn't guarantee you a spot to start on the team. Every other kid out there has parents who paid for their kids to be on the team as well.

AP classes. :wallbash:

The HS students in my town are a majority Asian and Indian. Many of whom are in AP classes because they're all gunning to get into Ivy League schools. Most of them couldn't dribble a basketball three feet without falling down, or run more than the length of a hallway without having to rest for a half hour. So what is the curriculum for Phys Ed? Each kid has to keep a journal and they're graded only on that - not their actual participation in class. How else would these little darlings ever get more than a 4.0 GPA?

How is it not different? Just because you pay doesn't guarantee you a spot to start on the team. Every other kid out there has parents who paid for their kids to be on the team as well.

The "fee" ensures you a spot on the team. It's up to you to compete for the ability to start or even get playing time. Life is hard and the harder you work typically the better life will be however there is never a guarantee in that.

The "fee" ensures you a spot on the team. It's up to you to compete for the ability to start or even get playing time. Life is hard and the harder you work typically the better life will be however there is never a guarantee in that.

"I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

"I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

Reminds me of this.

“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

You can't always be in lockstep with Tom. It's creepy.

What's creepy is that you seem to believe that anyone who disagrees with you is 'one of Tom's minions'. Have you ever considered the possibility that you're simply feeble-minded and Tom-obsessed, and you think we all sound the same because you're not bright enough to understand a damned thing anyone's talking about?

I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again. When I played little league 45 years ago we all got trophies. The difference now is that kids and parents feel entitled. I remember when I got mine I'd look at it and wonder why was I getting it? I sucked!

Mostly the parents.

When my son was playing t-ball, the coach explained that he'd need us to each to donate a baseball in order for them to hand out 'game balls." I gave him one after a couple of games and asked him to ensure he didn't give it to my son unless he actually deserved it.

That very game, my son, playing left field, literally jumped over a grounder, through the infield and into the benches to give me a rolly polly he found in the grass so I would hold it for him. That day my son earned his first game ball.

Naturally, when we got home, I told my son he'd get that damn game ball when he actually earned it...and oh, by the way, don't even BOTHER to ask where Mr. rolly polly was...

When my son was playing t-ball, the coach explained that he'd need us to each to donate a baseball in order for them to hand out 'game balls." I gave him one after a couple of games and asked him to ensure he didn't give it to my son unless he actually deserved it.

That very game, my son, playing left field, literally jumped over a grounder, through the infield and into the benches to give me a rolly polly he found in the grass so I would hold it for him. That day my son earned his first game ball.

Naturally, when we got home, I told my son he'd get that damn game ball when he actually earned it...and oh, by the way, don't even BOTHER to ask where Mr. rolly polly was...

My father's going to be happy to hear that I'm now only the second-worst outfielder in the history of t-ball. :lol:

I've mentioned this before but I'll mention it again. When I played little league 45 years ago we all got trophies. The difference now is that kids and parents feel entitled. I remember when I got mine I'd look at it and wonder why was I getting it? I sucked!

Ill bet you still have the trophy though! I still have mine from hockey

• 1 month later...

Dear Audrey

If you want playing time, work harder, be better and prove you're worth putting in the game. Otherwise sit the !@#$ down and shut the !@#$ up.

BFBF

That letter should actually be addressed to her parents not her.