But...my daughter is so special!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the only thing you could find to criticize in that rambling post? I didn't even read it but found four.

Enumerate. I will probably correct you just as long as it is not about grammar. Go out of your norm and make it about something w/substance.

And yes... Dumbazz was purposely spelled that way. Hey, I am a Liberal... It's the new kinder, gentler insult. :D

Enumerate. I will probably correct you just as long as it is not about grammar. Go out of your norm and make it about something w/substance.

And yes... Dumbazz was purposely spelled that way. Hey, I am a Liberal... It's the new kinder, gentler insult. :D

Dude that was a joke. How can I enumerate the things I didn't read?

Dumbazz wasn't the word I was referring to. Lots more laughs going your way.

You have 35 weeks of sick leave?? What the !@#$ is that? That is one of the issues I have with my tax dollars being wasted. That's bullcrap. While the rest of us have to pay for a disability policy I'm yours?

That's the government for you. When I was in the military we had a civilian that had like 35 years in. Took sick leave every Friday for over 2 years. When he finally ran out, he retired.

That's the government for you. When I was in the military we had a civilian that had like 35 years in. Took sick leave every Friday for over 2 years. When he finally ran out, he retired.

I have a friend whose father was an upper tier manager in one of our state agencies in Rhode Island. His accrued sick, and personal time, and all of his vacation time that he left unused all rolled over. When he finally decided to retire, he used it all at once, cashing in more than 2 years of paid time off, which left him on the state payroll for that duration, allowing his state pension to maximize, even though he hadn't worked the required time.

Where I am, that would set up a "pattern" and management would crack down immediately... Has happened and the employee lost/removed... Yes, gasp!

But then again, it's an honest agency that will do that. It is called being "good stewards" and managing properly. It's the dishonest agency's that let the abuse happen. Management without balls.

Under CSRS one would get credit time toward retirement. FERS (implemented in around 1984... That means we pay SS, etc...) never had this. This means you would lose all the time upon retirement. Just recently, I think they changed the law because of the abuse you speak of. I am not sure how it works now, but I think one gets some credit... Maybe not as much as the old CSRS employee.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois