• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Orenthal

2. Thurman

3. Cookie

4. Freddie

5. Henry

Space left intentionally after Thurman, as no one comes closes to him or the killer.

this pretty much sums it up, though part of me would put Lynch in henrys place. but lynch wasn't exactly a bill for very long, so Henry probably does fit better

OJ

THURMAN

CRIBBS

FRED

never saw cookie play, can't comment.

this pretty much sums it up, though part of me would put Lynch in henrys place. but lynch wasn't exactly a bill for very long, so Henry probably does fit better

Ever watch Joe Cribbs?? Guess not. Edited by NewEra

I think thurman is #1 just because OJ was talented, but he clearly sucked later in his career. This was him falling off the cliff early due to overplay, but also due to not having an epic oline. He was basically demarco murray, good player, but legendary oline. Thurman didnt really have that. That might be an oversimplification, but, idk. Tinker Bell ought to be somewhere on this list. he was pretty good when healthy

I think thurman is #1 just because OJ was talented, but he clearly sucked later in his career. This was him falling off the cliff early due to overplay, but also due to not having an epic oline. He was basically demarco murray, good player, but legendary oline. Thurman didnt really have that. That might be an oversimplification, but, idk. Tinker Bell ought to be somewhere on this list. he was pretty good when healthy

OJ is basically Demarco Murray? If you truly believe that I don't even know where to start...

And Thurman had some great Oline's to run behind, they were just overshadowed by a lot of HOF talent at the skill positions. Thurman had HOF WRs, and a HOF QB who could throw the rock with the best of them. OJ had good players around him, but make no mistake, he WAS the offense, and THE focus of every defense the Bills faced. Injuries caught up to him at the end. Thurman wasn't balling out of control at the end either. Age and injuries do that to most players, it's just especially noticeable at the skill positions. This is no knock on Thurman, who was dynamite, a great football player, but the Juice is one of the most dynamic talents in football history, and arguably the best at his position. A combination of Barry Sanders elusiveness with Eric Dickerson size.

DeMarco Murray... :rolleyes:

Edited by purple haze

OJ is basically Demarco Murray? Thurman didn't have a great oline? I'm out board. Good night.

Thurman had a great Oline, sure. Just not an Oline specifically built to maximize his talent. Saban literally said he was trying to build around OJ and do nothing else. and OJ > Murray by a million percent, but, I'm just making a comparison here, Murray is good, but, he is elite because of his oline. OJ was elite, but he is legendary because of his oline.

Thurman had a great Oline, sure. Just not an Oline specifically built to maximize his talent. Saban literally said he was trying to build around OJ and do nothing else. and OJ > Murray by a million percent, but, I'm just making a comparison here, Murray is good, but, he is elite because of his oline. OJ was elite, but he is legendary because of his oline.

OJ is elite and legendary because his physical talent overshadowed everybody else on the field. He did have a great oline. He still outran, jumped over, ran through defenders who were not blocked. And the K-gun was built to maximize Thurman's talents and everyone else's on the offense. Watch some of the man's runs and tell me what oline blocking has to do with many of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2mVyvZ1OR4

Edited by purple haze

OJ is elite and legendary because his physical talent overshadowed everybody else on the field. He did have a great oline. He still outran, jumped over, ran through defenders who were not blocked. And the K-gun was built to maximize Thurman's talents and everyone else's on the offense. Watch some of the man's runs and tell me what oline blocking has to do with many of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2mVyvZ1OR4

You make a good point, he had superior elusiveness. Look up some thurman film, though and compare. I'm not saying OJ isnt one of the greatest of all time, just that thurman narrowly beats him out.

1. Orenthal

2. Thurman

3. Cookie

4. Freddie

5. Henry

Space left intentionally after Thurman, as no one comes closes to him or the killer.

I think that the gap belongs between Cookie and the next guy (who should be Joe Cribbs btw). Also, Travis Henry? Really?

Edited by vincec

Thuman could do it all. OJ had hands of cement, Cookie the best all around football player I ever saw. Speed ,power could have been a great middle linebacker, two way player and kick off. Pure runner its OJ. Yards from scrimmage its Thurman. A lot of great running backs have come thru Buffalo.

Thurman had one of the best O-lines in team history. OJ was the best...Just watch his hi-lites. Thurman a close 2nd. Also for years Bills had no passing game. Teams knew OJ was getting the ball and still couldn't stop him

Edited by nucci

Thurman had one of the best O-lines in team history. OJ was the best...Just watch his hi-lites. Thurman a close 2nd. Also for years Bills had no passing game. Teams knew OJ was getting the ball and still couldn't stop him

I'm pretty sure that first OJ run on this video was from the first Bills game I ever attended, 1, OJ without a doubt he's the reason I became a Bills fan and started watching football.... If Ray Lewis can be a Super Bowl mvp OJ can still be the be the best back in Bills history.

I'm pretty sure that first OJ run on this video was from the first Bills game I ever attended, 1, OJ without a doubt he's the reason I became a Bills fan and started watching football.... If Ray Lewis can be a Super Bowl mvp OJ can still be the be the best back in Bills history.

Awesome video - kind of forgot how great a runner OJ was....and I was really amazed at how far down field members of the O-line were on many of those runs....Joe D and Reggie McKenzie just blew holes open....

OJ best pure runner in the history of NFL football, I am hoping our new toy compares but he won't probably.

Cookie, if Cookie would have lived in a better world at the time he would have been the legend that Jim Brown was, his personality and circumstances effed the guy over big time and cut his career short/made him play up north first.

TT maybe tied with Cookie but not better than him

Fred eff it, I love me some Fred

The Bills have been really lucky even rich with RBs, so the list behind these 4 is actually more interesting than the topic at hand.

Mcgahee

Lynch

Antwon Smith

CJ (you just watch this year (evil laugh)

Carlton (people be all like who?)

Henry

Cribbs

Greg Bell

Mini Max

Kevin Davis

FB list of it's own would make sense sort of too Braxton, Gash

Here is list ranking them, I am sure there are more out there http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/buffalo-bills/alltime-rushing

Edited by bowery4