Bills comfortable signing "more professional" Dareus

Now just have to wait on the NFL. Which if there's no jail time, prolly won't be anything. A fine maybe.

we will see. the nfl has really started pushing past the justice system and is seeming to punish based on the acts and not the consequences received. I wouldnt be shocked if hes gone week 1.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will see. the nfl has really started pushing past the justice system and is seeming to punish based on the acts and not the consequences received. I wouldnt be shocked if hes gone week 1.

You're probably right but for him to get half of Ray Rice's first suspension is insane.

Goodell has no idea what he is doing. He is awful at his job.

He complied with Alabama's laws concerning a non-voilent first offense by doing pre-trial intervention, and the substance he was caught with isn't banned by the NFL. And then he got 2 traffic tickets. I echo CB's statement above that giving him half of Ray Rice's original suspension over this is absurd.

You're probably right but for him to get half of Ray Rice's first suspension is insane.

Goodell has no idea what he is doing. He is awful at his job.

The job of Goodell is to maximize revenues and profits of the owners and he is, in reality, quite excellent at it.

The job of Goodell is to maximize revenues and profits of the owners and he is, in reality, quite excellent at it.

A blind monkey using a Commodore 64 and a telegraph could have maximized NFL profits in the same manner Goodell has. The NFL is a beast, made by its TV deals which weren't negotiated by Goodell. His job is to take blame and deflect criticism away from the owners, he's a replaceable lightning rod, not a business mogul. He's excellent as a lightning rod, but that hasn't been by design. It's been the residual of his own failure.

You could make a strong case that what Pegula paid for the Bills did more to maximize the value of each NFL team than everything Goodell has done as commish combined.

Edited by GreggyT

He complied with Alabama's laws concerning a non-voilent first offense by doing pre-trial intervention, and the substance he was caught with isn't banned by the NFL. And then he got 2 traffic tickets. I echo CB's statement above that giving him half of Ray Rice's original suspension over this is absurd.

right, but the nfl doesnt care that its "two tickets" they will likely address it as "drag racing recklessly in the street" and I have no idea how they will feel about that. id guess somewhere between a few game checks and possible a minor suspension. especially coupled with an extra arrest.

you post in these discipline threads enough to know that conduct doesnt solely match up with legal outcomes.

That is some punishment they levied out, making Dareus do something that he enjoys. Reminds me of when Keith Richards was caught with heroin at the Canadian border and was sentenced to play a concert. That'll teach 'im!

Is that a true story? Because I'm sure it made Richards clean up his act!

That sad part is Richards will out live everyone. He's a zombie.

That sad, you must have never worked summer camp. Kids are annoying. But that seriously is memories that will last a life for those kids.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

love dareus on the field

dude has serious issues off the field.....he won't change until he's suspended long term.

Oh please. He smoked weed and drive fast. Bruce and Kelly, allegedly, loved Pepsi. Thurman drank like a fish.

Dareus has had a very hard life and made some dumb choices. But he is quite possibly the best at his position in the NFL.

Oh please. He smoked weed and drive fast. Bruce and Kelly, allegedly, loved Pepsi. Thurman drank like a fish.

Dareus has had a very hard life and made some dumb choices. But he is quite possibly the best at his position in the NFL.

What an idiotic response.Perhaps if he ran into a family while he was racing on a public road or a child riding a bike it would be ok because he had a hard life and hes a good player.You guys are embarrasing to all Bills fans and frankly Im losing interest in the Bills because they are quickly becoming a franchise of scumbags.

What an idiotic response.Perhaps if he ran into a family while he was racing on a public road or a child riding a bike it would be ok because he had a hard life and hes a good player.You guys are embarrasing to all Bills fans and frankly Im losing interest in the Bills because they are quickly becoming a franchise of scumbags.

Really? You've never made a mistake? Never drove a little drunk or tipsy? Never sped down the road recklessly? It must be quite the view from your Soapbox.

If you are going to throw the word idiot around, you should probably have grammar better than a 2nd grader.

And he didn't hit anyone. He hit a pole. But I'm sure you have never sped in your life.

Considering your screen name on this site, the chances of you being an actual Bills fan is minimal. So, don't let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.

Something tells me your not long for this board.....

Please keep digging

right, but the nfl doesnt care that its "two tickets" they will likely address it as "drag racing recklessly in the street" and I have no idea how they will feel about that. id guess somewhere between a few game checks and possible a minor suspension. especially coupled with an extra arrest.

you post in these discipline threads enough to know that conduct doesnt solely match up with legal outcomes.

Without a drag racing partner, there is no drag racing conviction. Essentially it's speeding and hitting a tree. If you want to talk about how he could have killed someone, you'd have to do the same with every case of speeding and the NFL doesn't want to get into that.