Freds rushing stats last year

Fred does more than run the ball. IMO, he is one of the best at protecting the QB. Did anyone see when Fred upended JJ Watt at Houston? JJ looked back at him like, who the heck was that.

I couldn't find a video of that, but here are some of my all time favorite Fred moments. Age may slow his him down a step or two, but his experience in the backfield while protecting the QB is irreplaceable.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014090702/2014/REG1/bills@bears?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000390761&tab=videos

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013090800/2013/REG1/patriots@bills?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap2000000240169&tab=videos

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011112002/2011/REG11/bills@dolphins?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A09000d5d8244a171&tab=videos

Yeah he's a real liability.

http://twitpic.com/ec8270

We should turn this into a Fred Jackson highlight thread haha.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the case were being made that somebody else deserves Freds touches then that player has to be good enough to at least be active. Brown isn't good enough. Offering Spiller a fair deal and then trading for McCoy makes me think that Whaley doesn't think so either.

Whaley knows FJ is done. His only role is as a pass protector on 3rd down which he is very accomplished. My guess McCoy and Dixon will be just fine on third down/spread packages.

Pegula overstepped on this one.

Rex will finish what Whaley started and let FJ go early in training camp.

Whaley knows FJ is done. His only role is as a pass protector on 3rd down which he is very accomplished. My guess McCoy and Dixon will be just fine on third down/spread packages.

Are people not reading the thread? This has been disproved multiple times.

My God, I wish I had your foresight. You know much that hasn't occurred yet. What Powerball #'s should I play?

i tend to think this is true. I'm a huge fan of fred but i have zero faith that a 35yo rb is gonna turn it around this year.

You got it bro.

Awesome video.

1) This was 2011. Four years in running back life are like 7 years in dog life. Or something. Fred is now 58 years old by comparison.

2) SWAMP BOY! It made a difference to Fred to have a good blocking fullback ahead of him

3) Some of those SJ13 blocks. Seriously, Stevie? Seriously?

4).Keep in mind most of this OL is the same....what a bunch of Marrones they were last year by comparison. Except....

5) 67 was Levitre, right? Yeah, we miss him.

6) I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Evanescence on a football clip. It seems......so wrong it's right?

Edited by Hopeful

Bryce fumbled once and people want him gone. I`ll have to look it up,but I think I remember Fred having a couple big fumbles in tight games.

13 fumbles the last 3 yrs.

The biggest fumble of the year!!! Edited by Baba Booey

SJ all day, huge fail on the SJ trade to 9ers jmo.

LOL, SJ is a fine wide receiver but that's not what I meant...he's kind of the opposite of "leveling" as a downfield blocker. Fredex gets another 5 on at least two of those if SJ blocks more effectively.

Though to his credit I did see some good blocking from him with the '9ers. LOL at Fitz following the play downfield and blocking on a couple of those.

That`s why we kept losing. Fred type talent.

Let's reprise. You said:

<snip> Time for him to spend time with the family or become a coach of some type. I can tell you Whaley wanted him gone.

Source for your statement? or hush.

You can tell us Whaley wanted him gone? How do you know that... Did he tell you personally, Bryce?

I had the same question for Buffaloed. I'm still waiting for my answer.

Whaley did.

Cat, all respect, but can we source this stuff? I get it that the cartoon is funny, but the

I loathe it when allegedly professional reporters just repeat some gossip one of them heard, and they should be better then us mere "bulletin board bobs" but still.....we can do our part.

I believe that someone in the Bills FO ran the analytics and said "FredEx should go". Which, based purely on his relatively high salary, low dead money, and generic running back age/productivity curve, is logical when the team is looking for cap room for FA. I can also easily believe that Rex and the RB position coach nodded - doubt they've seen all the Buffalo film in depth. Then they got into a deeper look at film and stats, which leads to the logical conclusion "OK, let's wait until camp and see what he's got relative to the other QB on the roster" because abysmal as the run game was across the team last year, FredEx lead the team in yards/game and was the "go to guy" as opposed to Spiller who is boom-or-bust. He's going to be one of the backups behind McCoy this year, so it'll come down to how everyone looks in training camp and preseason. And that's fine - if Fred doesn't look like he has it and the other guys come on, fair is fair.

But the way it is portrayed with Whaley saying "let's cut Fred" and Pegula saying "hell no", I highly doubt. I think that's the brainchild of people looking for drama and conflict.

Fred is done. Been saying it. But whatever. I'de rather have Fred Jackson then OG Justin Blaylock. We obviously need a backup RB more than a starting OG.

It's ok, we are used to people ignoring the proof that this is false in this very thread. Also do you really think Fred Jackson and his $2.7 million is preventing us from signing Blalock? No, it isn't, so knock it off. A properly structured contract could be done easily. Whaley went for Bulaga and Evans, and is now on to the draft, so that says whatever he thinks about Blalock anyway.

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/581483268442292224

And another Jackson highlight!

I was going to post the link to that one.

"Move B***ch!"

Haha, sorry. I'm almost inspired to get my cousins NFL Rewind login and make a cut of Freddy highlights from the "he's done" year last season.

Edited by What a Tuel

So what would it take to remove the almost and get you completely inspired?

Working on it now :) Seems fairly easy, but I've never done it before, so no promises on quality, but ill try my best! Music ideas?

Edited by What a Tuel

It's ok, we are used to people ignoring the proof that this is false in this very thread. Also do you really think Fred Jackson and his $2.7 million is preventing us from signing Blalock? No, it isn't, so knock it off. A properly structured contract could be done easily. Whaley went for Bulaga and Evans, and is now on to the draft, so that says whatever he thinks about Blalock anyway.

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/581483268442292224

And another Jackson highlight!

Haha, sorry. I'm almost inspired to get my cousins NFL Rewind login and make a cut of Freddy highlights from the "he's done" year last season.

Yeah his 2 tds shouldn`t take that long.

Working on it now :) Seems fairly easy, but I've never done it before, so no promises on quality, but ill try my best! Music ideas?

send me your paypal address and i will ship you all the beer or martinis you need!

network this project brother!!!

Nearly $3 million cap hit for a team with no cap space, yes.

didn't they redo that deal ? and we have 5 million left give or take a couple hundred thou .

How about we just take this fight down to SJF and training and have it play out.

One thing we know, Fred is no quitter and will give it his best. If Roman and Kromer and Rexy vote "IN" , then so be it.

If they vote "nay" fair enough.

I wish Fred to retire a Bill. Maybe my favorite player of all time.

yes i am biased and dont care who knows!

ps he is going to play and kick ass as the third back.

Defenses will be all " hey its that Old Man Jackson , he cant run no more !"

And then Fred will do what Fred does, and make you love him all over again.

Go Bills!

Best Man wins!!!

It's done. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now, but where else can I host it? I'm not sure of the NFL's policy on highlights on YouTube, but have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of highlights you can find on it.

Watch it while you can!

Edited by What a Tuel

It's done. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now, but where else can I host it? I'm not sure of the NFL's policy on highlights on YouTube, but have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of highlights you can find on it.

The 2 tds should not take too long.

Jay Z - 30 Something, no brainer!

"30's the new twenty, nigga

I'm so hot still

Better broad, better automobile

Bet a yard, nah, bet a hundred mill

Then by the songs end, I probably start another trend"