NFL coaches ranked 1-32 by CBS sports

What gets me is after 1st and 2nd place, take away the coaches quarterback and most of them would flounder horribly. Carroll is winning with all be it a good quarterback, but he's not great. Bellycheat can win with anyone, he's proven that. But he still gets the asterisk because he cheats. McCarthy....forget about it! You take away Rogers and that guy couldn't win a hand of strip poker against a blind women with no arms let alone a football game. The same goes for a lot of them. Pagano, Chip Kelly, just to name a few are highly over rated. The point is that its a craps shoot when comes to finding a winning football coach.

BigPappy

We would have been 11-5 / 12-4 with the Browns schedule last year.

They play in the hardest division in football. Every team except the browns had more than 10 wins. They did get to play the AFC south, but we get to play the jets twice, so same difference

They play in the hardest division in football. Every team except the browns had more than 10 wins. They did get to play the AFC south, but we get to play the jets twice, so same difference

we played the jets twice. They played the AFC and NFC South, the two worst divisions in football. That's two games vs. 7 (if you take out Indy). How is that the same difference? Edited by YoloinOhio

we played the jets twice. They played the AFC and NFC South, the two worst divisions in football. That's two games vs. 7 (if you take out Indy). How is that the same difference?

Plus one of those division games was an Andy Dalton in a primetime game softball. They had one win worth crowing about (the beatdown they put on the Steelers, who themselves were a Jekyll & Hyde team with losses to the Jets and Bucs) otherwise all of their wins were a result of awful teams choking games. If Pettine prevents a 3-13 season this year then he deserves a huge bump, but the way things are going they are in line for a sharp regression.

What gets me is after 1st and 2nd place, take away the coaches quarterback and most of them would flounder horribly. Carroll is winning with all be it a good quarterback, but he's not great. Bellycheat can win with anyone, he's proven that. But he still gets the asterisk because he cheats. McCarthy....forget about it! You take away Rogers and that guy couldn't win a hand of strip poker against a blind women with no arms let alone a football game. The same goes for a lot of them. Pagano, Chip Kelly, just to name a few are highly over rated. The point is that its a craps shoot when comes to finding a winning football coach.

BigPappy

Belichick never won before Brady. And save the Cassel point. Cassel inherited a 16-0 team and they missed the playoffs the next year.

Brady made Belichick a HOF coach.

Belichick never won before Brady. And save the Cassel point. Cassel inherited a 16-0 team and they missed the playoffs the next year.

Ditto Kelly for Levy, Montana for Walsh, Starr for Lombardi...

I will mostly agree with you. His teams were not dominate before Brady, but they were productive and played well with Bledsoe, and he knew when to dump him at the end of his career.

BigPappy

I am sad that this was posted only because it is resulting in Prisco getting additional page views. He is far and away the dumbest writer I have seen on any website covering football. I would take any poster on TBD's list over what he put out.

we played the jets twice. They played the AFC and NFC South, the two worst divisions in football. That's two games vs. 7 (if you take out Indy). How is that the same difference?

We also played houston, so thats only 6 games... and the NFC south is no cakewalk other than tampa. We played the raiders, the vikes and the browns... those are arguably awful teams, just like the panthers saints and falcs. so the fact they had 2 games that were easier than some games we had doesnt mean we'd finish 3 games better if we had had their schedule. on top of that, they play in, like i said, the hardest division in the NFL. thats six brutal games a year... We had maybe 4 tough games ( Green Bay, Denver, Detroit, and New England) . We played a division rival with a winning record once this season in reality. A win is a win, but NE was resting starters that last game. Same Difference.

We also played houston, so thats only 6 games... and the NFC south is no cakewalk other than tampa. We played the raiders, the vikes and the browns... those are arguably awful teams, just like the panthers saints and falcs. so the fact they had 2 games that were easier than some games we had doesnt mean we'd finish 3 games better if we had had their schedule. on top of that, they play in, like i said, the hardest division in the NFL. thats six brutal games a year... We had maybe 4 tough games ( Green Bay, Denver, Detroit, and New England) . We played a division rival with a winning record once this season in reality. A win is a win, but NE was resting starters that last game. Same Difference.

You forgot Oakland. The AFC North is not the toughest division in the NFL. That is baloney. They had a cake schedule. I'll mail the proof to you in December.