Man kicked off flight over vulgar language on t-shirt

http://fox13now.com/2015/03/24/man-kicked-off-southwest-flight-over-vulgar-language-on-t-shirt/

(Worker) ”Can you change the shirt?”

(Podolsky) ”Nope.”

(Worker) “Can you put the jacket on and leave it on through the flight?”

(Podolsky) (Inaudible)

(Worker) “Can you put the shirt on inside out?”

(Podolsky) “Nope.”

(Worker) “Is there anything you can do not to display the shirt because at this point we can’t allow you to go.”

(Podolsky) “I have freedom of speech.”

(Worker) “I know you do…”

(Podolsky) “Really it’s not bothering anyone.”

(Worker) “I can show you in our contract of carriage that you can’t wear any shirts that say offensive…”

(Podolsky) “Can we take a poll?” :lol:

Not that I am a fan of Southwest, but they gave the kid several opportunities to get it right. I give the gate agent credit for being polite and giving him three options, the kid was being an ass hat.

(Worker) “I can show you in our contract of carriage that you can’t wear any shirts that say offensive…”

(Podolsky) “Can we take a poll?”

That is all you need to know that this kid was raised as a spoiled brat, probably by hippies.

He is pretty much the same as music thieves who break the contract in place when they buy their music by duplicating it and sending free to the world. Whiny little morons that think the Earth revolves around them or they are the axis on which it rotates. A good way to get a nice look at the real axis would be a nice long walk to Chicago. Wear comfortable shoes dork.

Not that I am a fan of Southwest, but they gave the kid several opportunities to get it right. I give the gate agent credit for being polite and giving him three options, the kid was being an ass hat.

Especially since he tried to say 'he would have remedied the problem if given the chance.' He's a knucklehead.

Especially since he tried to say 'he would have remedied the problem if given the chance.' He's a knucklehead.

His video actually makes him look worse. In this day and age of media access, this kid might as well drop out of school and take a job at the deli counter. No company doing a google search would bother to hire the kid. He looks like he is probably "Date challenged" and this will put him behind the knuckle dragging cyclops in the dating hierarchy.

people have a right to say what you want

the problem is that people must use their brain first.

Quite true. And they can and sometimes do suffer the consequences of their actions and speech.

He's free to be an obscenity spouting moron and wear feces covered clothes.

That doesn't mean that other people and companies have to suffer his insolence.

They have rights too.

Typical douchebag who was more interested in making his meaningless 'point' than in getting on the airplane. Well congratulations douchebag, you achieved your goal.

His video actually makes him look worse.

The video confirms he is a liar.

why do people find it fun to wear clothing with 'offensive' words on it? my ex-wife bought my son a wrestling related t-shirt with something on it....i found it completely inappropriate in any situation to wear clothing like that. I made sure to lose that shirt very quickly....saying 'offensive' words isn't funny...I use them all the time, but i do not use them simply to get a rise out of people....stupid people

People have no respect for; rules, authority, and most importantly other people. Good for Southwest!

This is all a double edge sword. Children just echo what the older ones are putting out.

And when did having no respect for rules & authority start? When we started losing faith in government? I understand, it's authority's (gov't) problem too for creating the mistrust. Now that it is started, how do you break the cycle?

Just something to think about, not to get all PPP.

Can we start euthanizing every idiot that incorrectly uses the freedom of speech argument? How hard is it to understand that freedom of speech only protects you from government punishment?

Exactly. Nothing about a company having a personal policy. Now, if they tried arresting the kid, I'd stand right there next to this idiot in court defending his right. It doesn't mean there are no consequences, just no government consequences.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[

His video actually makes him look worse. In this day and age of media access, this kid might as well drop out of school and take a job at the deli counter. No company doing a google search would bother to hire the kid. He looks like he is probably "Date challenged" and this will put him behind the knuckle dragging cyclops in the dating hierarchy.

But still above TRBJ I'd assume?

Exactly. Nothing about a company having a personal policy. Now, if they tried arresting the kid, I'd stand right there next to this idiot in court defending his right. It doesn't mean there are no consequences, just no government consequences.

But still above TRBJ I'd assume?

Sadly, yes, still above TRBJ

Interesting. CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW...

Airlines fall under federal jurisdiction, then the airline's policy.

But anyway, obscenity has been long settled when dealing w/1st admend rights... SCOTUS, etc... What a dork this kid was... Even know it is just a silly word on his shirt. Who really cares what he wears. I'd love to boot him anyway!

/devil_on They should have entertained him, taken a poll... Everybody say it was okay for him to stay... And still boot him. Yank his chain a bit. /devil_off