Countdown: *Tank is Over!*

QCity

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the Sabres can follow Detroit's example and make the playoffs over 20 straight years . Draft , trade , good coaching , we have the BEST owners

the Detroit Red Wings' current 24-season postseason appearance streak is the longest active streak of any of the four major North American professional sports leagues (NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_franchise_post-season_appearance_streaks

Edited by ALF

Now the Sabres can follow Detroit's example and make the playoffs over 20 straight years . Draft , trade and good coaching

the Detroit Red Wings' current 24-season postseason appearance streak is the longest active streak of any of the four major North American professional sports leagues (NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NHL_franchise_post-season_appearance_streaks

Will Putin allow the Sabres to become the second coming of the Detroit Red Army team? :unsure:

Will Putin allow the Sabres to become the second coming of the Detroit Red Army team? :unsure:

Not if Nolan has a say, unless he is handling Grigorenko and Zadorov the best way

Edited by ALF

I'm talking more about the press getting on the fans. That didn't start till that AZ game here.

Those SS people seem pretty nuts. In December, a whole lot were convinced that the Sabres were a good team.

Not taking a single point in January sure did take care of that. When we look back on this season, that's where we really landed McEichel.

From what I have seen, it seems like the two players have pretty different personalities. Mcdavid is more humble and unassuming (in an interview recently he compared his own game to Tyler Bozak, which is like Andrew Luck comparing his game to Andy Dalton), while Eichel is more cocky/brash. I think Eichel has similarities to Patrick Kane. I don't have an issue with either personality fwiw.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Any possibility of flop ......or guaranteed?

It seems to me that in hockey, when somebody is like a Gretzky, Mario, Orr, Crosby - a wunderkind who people know about for years - they never seem to flop.

That is what McDavid is............And, Eichel isn't far behind.

McDavid scored 5, yes 5!, goals last night in a PLAYOFF game!

Eichel had two goals and an assist and dominated the Frozen Four on Thursday, became the first freshman to win the Hobie Baker since Paul Kariya 25 or so years ago on Friday, and will win the NCAA chamionship tonight!

i know I am wrong to feel this way....but I am still in big time dislike with Gionta.

I'm the same way. I looked at a depth chart, Trending Buffalo made up for next year, and I looked at his picture and said !@#$ you. Kind of feel the same about Ennis, who used to be my favorite player.

It's one thing to play till the end, and it didn't have to be a complete tank job like the Coyotes did the other night. But, to step your game up so much to spite the fans. It's still got me very conflicted about some of these guys.

And Nolan - teams all over the league are trying out goalies, etc. for next year (see Oilers last night). But, he kept going to #1 over and over to make the heroic run to 29th.

i think it's 4/18

It is. We have one week where we can have fun thinking of the possibilities of McDavid and knowing we won't be disappointed to have Eichel.

Not taking a single point in January sure did take care of that. When we look back on this season, that's where we really landed McEichel.

I said last night "Thank you, January!".............The month where Harrington said we were the laughingstocks of the league. No, we would have been the laughingstocks if we did all this and got 29th place.

i know I am wrong to feel this way....but I am still in big time dislike with Gionta.

I'm not. I understand his mentality; he's not going to be around for the Sabres' rebirth and doesn't give a crap about who the next hotshot rookie is. He also has no ties to the Sabres in general so it's not as if he is a fan of the franchise. I'll give him a pass.

I'm not. I understand his mentality; he's not going to be around for the Sabres' rebirth and doesn't give a crap about who the next hotshot rookie is. He also has no ties to the Sabres in general so it's not as if he is a fan of the franchise. I'll give him a pass.

If he's not going to be around for the rebirth, why did we sign him? To lead a heroic run to 29th?