Countdown: *Tank is Over!*

QCity

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there ever, in the history of sports, been such a blatant, publicized attempt by a sports franchise to tank the season for a draft pick?

I'm "pro-tank" by the way...I just couldn't think of another comparable example.

Haven't the 76ers lost every game over the past 4 years now? I hear them mentioned constantly any time I turn on ESPN. Maybe it just doesn't get as much attention in bounceyball since just about every bottom feeder team is accused of it.

Has there ever, in the history of sports, been such a blatant, publicized attempt by a sports franchise to tank the season for a draft pick?

I'm "pro-tank" by the way...I just couldn't think of another comparable example.

Plenty, in hockey alone. Was just a differnt time with no internets and no twitterers.

I think there is even a 30 for 30 on the Quins tanking for Mario.

Read this. You think Sabres are tanking, Piitsburgh perfected it. Dude who played the last 5 games in goal. Ever played and an NHL GAME before, or after, those 5 games gave Pittsburgh Mario.

http://theloserpoint.com/article/did-1983-84-penguins-tank-get-mario-lemieux

Capitals tanked, and tanked hard, year OVECHkin came out.

Edited by plenzmd1

Arizona Coyotes, 2015

Beautiful comment from my wife: My two favorite teams are the Sabres and whoever's playing the Sabres.

:lol:

Sports Club Stats still gives us a 90% chance, which leads me to believe they are full of it.

If we manage to win tonight, tomorrow's home game against Pittsburgh will be a nightmare. I can envision the home crowd booing the team if they take a lead.

Do they give any rational behind their stats? Like I said, I want to bet these odds. They've been stupid all along............Anybody who actually watches the games or has a human brain, and not a computer, would not have put it at 98% last Saturday. How far fetched is it for a team that's playing like they think the Cup is on the line to win three in a row, while a team that is obviously tanking on the ice would lose three in a row? Those are not 98% odds!

:blink:

Washington finished second last that year but won the lottery. It was a big drop from previous seasons, but I've never heard a tank accusation thrown their way before.

Arizona Coyotes, 2015

Yeah, count me among the mystified at how the Sabres get all this bad press for tanking while no one says a word about AZ.

p.s. I recall the Colts making a pretty good run for Andrew Luck

Edited by KD in CT

Plenty, in hockey alone. Was just a differnt time with no internets and no twitterers.

I think there is even a 30 for 30 on the Quins tanking for Mario.

Read this. You think Sabres are tanking, Piitsburgh perfected it. Dude who played the last 5 games in goal. Ever played and an NHL GAME before, or after, those 5 games gave Pittsburgh Mario.

http://theloserpoint.com/article/did-1983-84-penguins-tank-get-mario-lemieux

The Caps didn't tank that year. They just sucked. Badly.

Yeah, count me among the mystified at how the Sabres get all this bad press for tanking while no one says a word about AZ.

p.s. I recall the Colts making a pretty good run for Andrew Luck

The AZ players were obviously tanking. The bad press was due to the Buffalo News. They totally exaggerated what happened during that Coyotes game and the games afterward, and national press who didn't know anything about it picked it up..............Their massive coverage of that game was already written before the game.

The AZ players were obviously tanking. The bad press was due to the Buffalo News. They totally exaggerated what happened during that Coyotes game and the games afterward, and national press who didn't know anything about it picked it up..............Their massive coverage of that game was already written before the game.

The 'Puck Daddy' a--holes on Yahoo have been whining about the Sabres since November.

Glad it's over. I stopped by the Sabres board earlier and yikes--- can't believe people were still so anti-tank after 80 games.

I'm talking more about the press getting on the fans. That didn't start till that AZ game here.

Those SS people seem pretty nuts. In December, a whole lot were convinced that the Sabres were a good team.