Tyler Wilson

Anyone think Wilson is worth taking a flyer on? He really didn't get much of a shot in the league and apparently looked impressive at the veteran's combine yeaterday. I liked him out of college and I remember some others here did as well. Why not bring him in for a look and get rid of Tuel?

Tuel is a waste of a spot IMO. he has zero chance of making this team. I think they should cut him now and give more reps to the other guys. if they want a PS guy just pay me $100 and i'll show up and sling some passes around for them at practice

From what I understand they will be running identical practices on both fields so the 2s will be better prepared for game day. According to coach Roman and the QB coach it expedites the learning process for the younger QBs.

From what I understand they will be running identical practices on both fields so the 2s will be better prepared for game day. According to coach Roman and the QB coach it expedites the learning process for the younger QBs.

Identical practices =/= identical players. You can't build a report with Sammy Watkins unless you are throwing to him. 1st team reps still matter, and there are only so many of those.

If I remember correctly his hands are the size of my 2 year old daughters. I think we are rolling with the 3 we have.

His hands measure 8.75 inches. NFL teams usually want 10-11 these days I believe since small hands equate to fumbleitis and poor throws in miserable weather. At least EJs hands are big lol.

Anyone think Wilson is worth taking a flyer on? He really didn't get much of a shot in the league and apparently looked impressive at the veteran's combine yeaterday. I liked him out of college and I remember some others here did as well. Why not bring him in for a look and get rid of Tuel?

Must have watched the Nfl vet combine.

His hands measure 8.75 inches. NFL teams usually want 10-11 these days I believe since small hands equate to fumbleitis and poor throws in miserable weather. At least EJs hands are big lol.

I wonder what size Doug Flutie's hands are? He seemed to do alright in two different professional leagues. I was listening to the analysts on NFL Network and they said Wilson was impressive at the Vets combine. He also was impressive in college. I know that doesn't necessarily translate to NFL success, but I just thought I would throw it out there to see what the group thinks. Good discussion so far.

I like Mike Kafka. I watched him zip the ball around at the nfl combine. He was accurate and had a tight spiral with zip on the ball. A kid that never got a shot at anything in the NFL.

I like Kafka as well and they said he did well yesterday also.

Agree. I'm not picking on tuel but I'm not seeing much reason to keep him. There isn't much expectation he develops into a starting NFL qb, and the argument can no longer be made that at least he knows the system. I too liked Wilson coming out of college Edited by JTSP

He only has 0 starts so we don't know anything about him. I say we take a flyer on him and let him start for a couple seasons and then at that point perhaps we can formulate some sort of opinion. In all sincerity, I did like him coming out of Arkansas for whatever that's worth.

Rex said there will be 2 fields being practised on so all the QBs will get plenty of reps

good catch> i thought that was a pretty impressive idea. cant wait for SJF and Camp !

But who gets more reps with the 1st team though?

does it matter if they are running the same plays?

Hell of a writer as well.

Franz was a little odd imo.

Agree. I'm not picking on tuel but I'm not seeing much reason to keep him. There isn't much expectation he develops into a starting NFL qb, and the argument can no longer be made that at least he knows the system. I too liked Wilson coming out of college

I never understand the fascination with Tuel by Moron and gang, including why they were afraid to put him on the practice squad to risk getting picked up by another team?

I never understand the fascination with Tuel by Moron and gang, including why they were afraid to put him on the practice squad to risk getting picked up by another team?

There are a whole lot of people who don't understand the fascination with Manuel by Whaley/Nix and gang, and see more NFL QB in Tuel than in EJ.

Just thought you should know that "the fascination" goes beyond "Moron and gang."

There are a whole lot of people who don't understand the fascination with Manuel by Whaley/Nix and gang, and see more NFL QB in Tuel than in EJ.

Just thought you should know that "the fascination" goes beyond "Moron and gang."

Those poor people.