Favorite Play by Play announcer

Beerball

Winner winner chicken dinner

Don't know who that is and don't know how to google....but is that a pro wrassling guy?

BTW, was watching news this morning and saw that poor dude in Mexicio died in the ring this weekend.

This is hard to watch so be forewarned...

http://deadspin.com/mexican-wrestling-star-perro-aguayo-jr-dies-after-in-r-1692824531

Edited by plenzmd1

Growing up it was Dick Enberg & Merlin Olson as his color man. They were always doing the 4:00 Sunday afternoon game, usually in the AFC West. I know I will take some ribbing for this but for my money right now I will take Gus Johnson. It is a shame he went over to Fox & doesn't do March Madness anymore. I think egos got in the way & Gus thought over played his hand a bit when he departed from CBS.

yup, Jim Ross...WWE/WWF announcer...

some of the funniest Jim Ross fail compilations

https://youtu.be/Dv5mGdN_b2A

Don't know who that is and don't know how to google....but is that a pro wrassling guy?

BTW, was watching news this morning and saw that poor dude in Mexicio died in the ring this weekend.

This is hard to watch so be forewarned...

http://deadspin.com/mexican-wrestling-star-perro-aguayo-jr-dies-after-in-r-1692824531

Vin skully.

Football. Van Miller not being a homer. The guy was the best at painting the picture and ratcheting up intensity preplay. You knew down, distance, players etc...

Hockey- bob Cole... just the sound of his voice makes me feel like I'm in front of a fireplace on a Saturday night.

Basketball- dick Vitale when he was fresh aND before he turned into a characture. It was authentic and new and you never knew what youd get

Edited by May Day 10

Vin skully.

Football. Van Miller not being a homer. The guy was the best at painting the picture and ratcheting up intensity preplay. You knew down, distance, players etc...

Hockey- bob Cole... just the sound of his voice makes me feel like I'm in front of a fireplace on a Saturday night.

Basketball- dick Vitale when he was fresh aND before he turned into a characture. It was authentic and new and you never knew what youd get

I was going to post the same thing

CBF

I like RJ a great deal. IMO he hasnt really aged well behind the mic. It doesnt help that the NHL has become a pretty dull league night to night and the Sabres have been pretty bad for most of the last 8 years. Back in his heyday, every NHL game was on edge, never knew what could happen. A 5-1 game could turn exciting and fight filled. There was always a possibility of craziness and his edge put the excitement over the top.

He does get points off though for being a little over the top when it came to complaining about officiating or making the other team into complete villians while the Sabres were somehow angels.

Im really hoping we get another playoff run before RJ has to hang em up.

Pete Webber was amazing PBP for the Bisons back in the day too.

I like RJ a great deal. IMO he hasnt really aged well behind the mic. It doesnt help that the NHL has become a pretty dull league night to night and the Sabres have been pretty bad for most of the last 8 years. Back in his heyday, every NHL game was on edge, never knew what could happen. A 5-1 game could turn exciting and fight filled. There was always a possibility of craziness and his edge put the excitement over the top.

He does get points off though for being a little over the top when it came to complaining about officiating or making the other team into complete villians while the Sabres were somehow angels.

Im really hoping we get another playoff run before RJ has to hang em up.

Pete Webber was amazing PBP for the Bisons back in the day too.

I was just listening to him last night. He does the PBP for the Predators now.

yeah. He did the Sabres too briefly. I wasnt a real big fan of him for hockey. I am really glad he found such a long-term home for a major sports team. Very nice guy who cut his teeth right here.

We got a good one as RJ's replacement. Dunleavy. Pretty much as good as they can do.

I was a fan of Jim Rosenhaus back in the day. The radio for the Bisons.

he does radio for the Indians and also hosts a few Indians-centric radio shows. Also does some random events on SPorts Time Ohio.

I worked for the Bisons when he was there. I remember for many years he would send his resume/portfolio to MLB teams hoping to catch on for a job (his wife was with the Bisons too) and I remember how frustrating and discouraging it must have been for them. Im glad he found his way with Cleveland.

yeah. He did the Sabres too briefly. I wasnt a real big fan of him for hockey. I am really glad he found such a long-term home for a major sports team. Very nice guy who cut his teeth right here.

We got a good one as RJ's replacement. Dunleavy. Pretty much as good as they can do.

he does radio for the Indians and also hosts a few Indians-centric radio shows. Also does some random events on SPorts Time Ohio.

I worked for the Bisons when he was there. I remember for many years he would send his resume/portfolio to MLB teams hoping to catch on for a job (his wife was with the Bisons too) and I remember how frustrating and discouraging it must have been for them. Im glad he found his way with Cleveland.

I grew up at that place. I actually worked there for a year myself, granted in the food stands. Lol.

I actually wanted to do baseball play-by-play because of him.

Oh my Pooj...some of those things are really hard to watch...the ladder and little kid off the bed were just awful.

When i watched wrassling, it was WWF..loved Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenen as the announcers.

Monsoon and especially Bobby Heenan were greats too. Vince McMahon as a commentator is actually very underrated too. As silly as professional wrestling is, I was being dead serious when I brought up Jim Ross and you could throw in these other guys as well. Those guys were great at what they do, would love to hear them calling some football games B-)

Monsoon and especially Bobby Heenan were greats too. Vince McMahon as a commentator is actually very underrated too. As silly as professional wrestling is, I was being dead serious when I brought up Jim Ross and you could throw in these other guys as well. Those guys were great at what they do, would love to hear them calling some football games B-)

Jim Ross was the announcer for the Sooners, right?

Charlie Jones was awesome on the Bills games.

Good call....loved Charlie Jones doing AFC games back in the 80s and 90s. He called some big college games too.

Doc Emrick on hockey

Vin Scully on baseball

Never cared for guys who were blatant homers. That's one reason why I can never watch or listen to a Yankees game.

Good call....loved Charlie Jones doing AFC games back in the 80s and 90s. He called some big college games too.

Doc Emrick on hockey

Vin Scully on baseball

Never cared for guys who were blatant homers. That's one reason why I can never watch or listen to a Yankees game.

This. RJ isn't a blatant homer, however his love for the team is apparent, and he has natural excitement when they score.

Ah, it's time for my annual Sean McDonough appreciation post. Best in the biz.

McDonough is great. Underutilized too @espn. I wish he'd have stayed @CBS; maybe he'd have Nantz's job.

Heenan is the GOAT announcer regardless of industry. I can listen to him all day.

McDonough is great. Underutilized too @espn. I wish he'd have stayed @CBS; maybe he'd have Nantz's job.

Heenan is the GOAT announcer regardless of industry. I can listen to him all day.

Agreed. A true legend. Have you ever seen his Hall of Fame induction speech? Brilliant