We Need To Be More Like The Packers

Indy might be next. And they made some splashy FA moves this year that might pay off but that FO has largely been a train wreck since the arrival of Luck and he has masked their ineptitude in both FA and the draft,

Manning to Luck doesn't count, because Luck didn't learn under Manning like Rodgers and Favre, or Montana and Young.

the Sabres need to learn from the Colts. I remember they put Dan Orlovsky in there for a game or 2 and they won. They immediately put Painter back in for the rest of the year. Imagine if they had pick #2 or 3 the next year instead of 1.

Snyder's dumb ass would have still taken RGIII, and history would be the same.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a lot of talent on this team. In fact, our drafting has been good enough to let Kiko Alonso go so we could get Shady McCoy. The Bills have been very good under Whaley in picking up talent in the draft, and also combing the waiver wire. Now we're filling in holes and are in a great position to go BPA in the draft.

Yes, we're looking for a franchise quarterback. And we missed on Russel Wilson...as did all 3other NFL teams including the Seahawks until the 3rd round. But there hasn't been an obvious franchise QB since Luck came out.

Edited by BEAST MODE BABY!

We kind of are the Packers on defense, with Aaron Williams, Duke, Gilmore, Dareus, Kyle, Leodis all being major contributors last year who we drafted. Weve added pieces that played for other teams (Mario and Jerry) but the majority of the defense is home grown. Unfortunately because our talent on defense is so mismatched with what we have on offense we are in a position that in order to capitalize on this defense now we have to pay to get playmakers on offense, hence all of the signings. Itd be great if we had home grown players on both sides of the ball, especially QB but we dont.

EJ needs to be more like Rodgers.

really though, all these moves are starting to worry me. feels a little like whaley is letting rex whisper in his ear, and thats a little scary. love rex, but i don't want him to have chip-kelly-like power.

EJ needs to be more like Rodgers.

really though, all these moves are starting to worry me. feels a little like whaley is letting rex whisper in his ear, and thats a little scary. love rex, but i don't want him to have chip-kelly-like power.

No way. Of course the head coach is going to have say. He wants the best guys for the system he's gonna run.

Suck for Luck!!! oh wait that should have been our 2011 campaign... Too bad we started out strong that year...

That was my 2011 campaign.

I remember being attacked by some of the Fitz lovers around here for even bringing it up.

Boy, they sure turned out to be right, huh?lol

Step one: get one of the GOAT QB's to start for us for well over a decade

Step two: replace him with one of the GOAT QB's

Seems reasonable.

They identified two great QB prospects and pulled the trigger, then actually allowed them to develop. Idk why everyone is acting like it was total luck. They traded for Favre and drafted Rodgers where others passed. Obviously there is some luck involved but THEY made the moves.

Suck for Luck!!! oh wait that should have been our 2011 campaign... Too bad we started out strong that year...

or the less talked about bad luck of andrew staying in school an extra year. Cam wouldve been our pick at 3, im relatively sure, had luck come out and gone #1 to carolina and i would have been so curious to see him with chan designing offense for him and spiller. Edited by NoSaint