Charles Clay REPORT: Dolphins won't match offer sheet

Clay appreciated the 1st class treatment. We have Kim and Terry to thank for that

This is one of the first things the Pegulas did with the Sabres as well. I know, I know, it hasn't translated into a great franchise on the ice yet, but the way they upgraded the facilities and entire operation sent notice that it would be a first class organization going forward.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Russ Brandon too. It started when Ralph put him in charge and I think it's why he still is involved in this process. I think the guy knows how to roll out the red carpet and sell the franchise/area.

heck, we did it with robert meachem too, didnt we?

flying guys in on the jet is definitely not a new thing, but is a good thing.

@mikerodak: Clay's deal has $24.5M in guaranteed money. $10M signing bonus, $10M fully GTD 2016 roster bonus, $3M fully gtd '15 base, $1.5M gtd '16 base

@mikerodak: Charles Clay cap numbers: $5M (2015), $13.5M (2016), $6.5M (2017-19)

@RavensInsider: Charles Clay Bills deal: $38M, $10M bonus, $24.5M gtd, salaries $3M, $1.5M, $4.5M, $4.5M, $4.5M, has no trade clause for first three years

@JoeBuscaglia: Interesting part of Clay deal? That $10 mill roster bonus in 2016 can be restructured into a signing bonus & give the #Bills some cap relief

Now that's interesting. Everyone was slamming us on the two year up front cost but it might not be so bad.

thats not that interesting.... thats true of pretty much any money in any contract after the first year. its just almost certain in this deal, barring a big surprise.

Clay will be on WGR in about a half hr. Tune in!

FWIW - I listened to this interview and the one he had with John Murphy last night. I am very impressed with Charles Clay.

I should add that, if you did not get a chance to listen to Murph's interview with Joe Rose (former TE with Dolphins, Miami sports radio host, and color commentator for Dolphins broadcasts), you may want to do so. Joe could not say enough about Charles Clay as a player, teammate, and person.

Edited by Peter

did you catch when clay said this morning that Pegs told him he has never fired anyone in 40 some years?

Marrone knew he was about to be the first so he decided to leave to preserve the Pegula streak. What a good guy that Doug Marrone is!