RELEASE TUEL AND TAKE FLYER ON SHAUB

Matt Shaub released. If I were the Bills brain trust I would release Tuel and bring in Shaub for a three way battle for the Bille QB. Tuel vs Shaub, I am sure Shaub would win that battle anyday. It is possible he could beat out EJ for our 3rd or 2nd string QB.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But . . . but . . . I Love Tuel. I love his moxie. I like that he will take shots downfield. Captain checkdown he is not.

We need that attitude around here. Tuel plays (correctly) like his job is to deliver the ball to playmakers, instead of staring at the defense waiting for the perfect guy to get perfectly open.

Tuel !!!

Do any of you who bring up these types of players EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL??

I watch football and Shaub was a very solid starting QB in this league just a few years ago before catching the yips. He cracked under pressure and hasn't been the same since. If we can build his confidence back, he's probably better than any QB on our roster.

i was gonna tell you all a story involving Schaub, a drunken English soccer fan, and a late-night foot race outside a Houston bar..

when i first heard it, i thought it was funny.. and then, with what's happened to Schaub since, i think it's kinda pathetic..

anyway.. i would definitely give Schaub a chance to compete on a football field, but i wouldn't release any of my guys to make room until sitting down with him, and seeing where his head's at

I watch football and Shaub was a very solid starting QB in this league just a few years ago before catching the yips. He cracked under pressure and hasn't been the same since. If we can build his confidence back, he's probably better than any QB on our roster.

I dont agree that he was ever a "solid starting QB," but instead was in the right place at the right time, to cash in on the ugly lack of "solid starting QBs" in the NFL.

That said, I cannot disagree with the bolded statement. I want to. I really do. But I just cant.

Except for that big pick 6 against KC, I thought Tuel & EJ looked similar.

I don't get why people can't forget that Tuel pick 6.

EJ threw a game-losing pick 6 against Houston last year. Orton threw as bad of a pick-6 as I have ever seen against Detroit last year too.

But everyone only remembers Tuel's.