When the dust of this off season settles...

We're going to be no better off than the Redskins when Dan Snider bought them. Splashy signings, big named coach, but ignoring the most important aspects of a winning team, a great QB and Chemistry. I know I'm in the minority, but it's hard to get excited about the team with another journeyman QB signing an O-Line completely ignored and only one option considered at TE...which looks the part of a fools plan right now.

I hope I am wrong, but if you really take a look at what's under the pretty McCoy paint job, it's still just a pedestrian F250 trying to compete with a field of Porsche's and Ferrari's...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go ahead and say you are wrong. The Bills have made the right moves. Not sure who you wanted them to get for QB or OL that they didn't take a run at, but I love everything they've done. I especially love the head coaching decision.

Barring multiple significant injuries, this is the year the Bills get back to the playoffs. Old Bills pessimism is dead. It's a new day.

We're going to be no better off than the Redskins when Dan Snider bought them. Splashy signings, big named coach, but ignoring the most important aspects of a winning team, a great QB and Chemistry. I know I'm in the minority, but it's hard to get excited about the team with another journeyman QB signing an O-Line completely ignored and only one option considered at TE...which looks the part of a fools plan right now.

I hope I am wrong, but if you really take a look at what's under the pretty McCoy paint job, it's still just a pedestrian F250 trying to compete with a field of Porsche's and Ferrari's...

Great, thanks for the deep insight. So how would you have fixed the QB situation that the Bills have thus far "ignored", since you're the GM?

You are wrong. Don't worry. Have a beer and relax. It's !@#$ing March. :beer:

Edited by GreggyT

i think if we lose out on clay, it still means that FA 's are still leery about coming.. losing bulaga when more money was on the table, says something.. hopefully just winning will change that..landing cassel was OK.. the mccoy trade was nice.. so its a mixed bag for lack of a better term.. but its still a bit early.. who knows

i think if we lose out on clay, it still means that FA 's are still leery about coming.. losing bulaga when more money was on the table, says something.. hopefully just winning will change that..landing cassel was OK.. the mccoy trade was nice.. so its a mixed bag for lack of a better term.. but its still a bit early.. who knows

Bulaga deciding to stay with a team that was 2:00 from the Super Bowl is hardly losing him.

Great, thanks for the deep insight. So how would you have fixed the QB situation that the Bills have thus far "ignored", since you're the GM?

. Just saying it's hard to get excited when the car is still missing it's engine. Look, drink the Rex KoolAide, high five each other because he got his tattoo changed to Bills colors and had a truck painted with the team logo...He's a salesmen and you just bought ice for your pool in March... This league is won by coaches smarter than the other guys...Rex is the fun frat boy destined to sell life insurance to his frat buddies - everyone loves him, but, not really going to set the world on fire. That's the domain of the Jimmy Johnsons, Bill Parcells and Chip Kelly's...guys smarter than our lovable frat boy...

Why the pessimistic outlook? The Redskins put together top talent w/o regard to fitting the players together. Conversely, the Bills got a top 3 RB for a "backup" LB, the best FA QB available who has an 11 win season to his credit and played well in talent-depleted Minnesota last year, got a great OG, and got the best fullback in FA to block for their RB. This will be nothing like the Redskins.

Bulaga staying with GB says more about GB than Buffalo. It was the same with Cobb. He preferred to stay in GB than seek more money elsewhere.

I'm not worried about loosing Clay. Bulaga took a "hometown" discount to stay in Green Bay. Well, guess who did the same, J. Hughes likely took less and stayed here, that after saying he wouldn't take a discount. At any rate, he stayed here. Clay appears to be a headcase, and may be asking for much more $$ than he is worth. Gresham would be a fine #2 target for TE in FA. Also, Gragg is going to have a great season. Heard it here first.

Update: Harvin coming here after drawing interest from NE. Yeah, we can land the big boys.

Edited by RyanC883

. Just saying it's hard to get excited when the car is still missing it's engine. Look, drink the Rex KoolAide, high five each other because he got his tattoo changed to Bills colors and had a truck painted with the team logo...He's a salesmen and you just bought ice for your pool in March... This league is won by coaches smarter than the other guys...Rex is the fun frat boy destined to sell life insurance to his frat buddies - everyone loves him, but, not really going to set the world on fire. That's the domain of the Jimmy Johnsons, Bill Parcells and Chip Kelly's...guys smarter than our lovable frat boy...

Rex Ryan is one of the top defensive minds of his coaching generation. Only Belichick is considered better. Calling him only a salesman and then elevating Chip Kelly to greatness after two seasons in the NFL (on any level) is as ridiculous as your OP. Like I said, it's March. Have a beer and chill. This team is in better shape than it was when the regular season ended -- and they were 9-7 then.

:beer:

I don't think anyone can compare Pegs to Danny Boy, and certainly not at this point, unless you are suggesting that Pegs is letting the FO do it's job, as Snyder did his first year in Washington. And Danny was rewarded that first year as the Redskins won the division and a playoff game with Brad Johnson at QB (did someone say journeyman), a strong running game, and formidable defense. It wasn't until the following year that Danny buys Bruce for too much money, fires Norv with a winning record, and otherwise screws up the team.

Bulaga staying with GB says more about GB than Buffalo. It was the same with Cobb. He preferred to stay in GB than seek more money elsewhere.

well, in a back door type of way, you are reinforcing my point.. once the bills start winning, i think it changes, create the winning culture..