[closed]Bills interested in TE Charles Clay--update: F5 and stuff

YoloinOhio

So they have to beat Miami's offer of $7 mil. Is he really worth $8 mil? I think there are better options but they must think he fits their system. I just hate to spend that much on this guy when we have other needs

they don't need to do anything but offer a long term deal that the Phins can't match. Year 1 will need to be more than the 7m tag.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it make more sense to offer before they try to sign Suh or after?

from the bills standpoint they need to do it ASAP because the Phins have a week to let them know if they are going to match. That's a lifetime in FA if the bills need to go to plan b.

from the bills standpoint they need to do it ASAP because the Phins have a week to let them know if they are going to match. That's a lifetime in FA if the bills need to go to plan b.

Flip side, they could let Miami blow money day 1 then tie their hands if they are certain this is the guy and only guy they are dying for.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I thought once they placed the tag on him, the 6+ Million (or whatever) counted against this years cap? They are guaranteeing that salary with the tag unless someone signs him and they don't match it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I thought once they placed the tag on him, the 6+ Million (or whatever) counted against this years cap? They are guaranteeing that salary with the tag unless someone signs him and they don't match it.

Yep. At 7 mil. The Bills could make the cap hit a little more and a lot of upfront money which would be tough for Dolphins because of Suh

Yea, I found that and wiki's explanation too.

Out of curiosity (not for you specifically but anyone with cap knowledge), if we gave him a big cap hit (say 8-9mil) this year to strap Miami and then even out his hit later, do they have to match the offer exactly or just total dollars?

Out of curiosity (not for you specifically but anyone with cap knowledge), if we gave him a big cap hit (say 8-9mil) this year to strap Miami and then even out his hit later, do they have to match the offer exactly or just total dollars?

Pretty sure it's exactly. Literally match word for word.

It's literally the exact contract to the letter, you just swap team names