Is this finally the end of the Patriots dominance?

It's obvious every team in the AFC East have gotten much better this off season, that is every team except for NE. They have done nothing and have lost tons of talent so far. Revis, Browner, Wilfork, Blount, Vereen, all gone from the Superbowl team. Sure they still have Brady, albeit a year older. I don't know what they have planned, but to me it looks like the end is near and I couldn't be happier.

Edited by Not Again

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious every team in the AFC East have gotten much better this off season, that is every team except for NE. They have done nothing and have lost tons of talent so far. Revis, Browner, Wilfork, Blount, Vereen, all gone from the Superbowl team. Sure they still have Brady, albeit a year older. I don't know what they have planned, but to me it looks like the end is near and I couldn't be happier.

Blount is still there but I agree with your sentiment in general.

Blount is still there but I agree with your sentiment in general.

Ahh, just saw his tweet about AZ was a joke. Surprised Philly hasn't tried to get him....he is an Oregon player and they still need a RB since Gore snubbed them.

Pretty sure we think their dominance ends every year.

Yes we do, but this has to be the year....right??? Please tell me it is. Between Suh now with Miami and our dominant defense, someone has to end Brady's season early.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that the Patriots are done. If you think that the Pats are near the same team that they were a month ago though you are crazy. They are down Wilfork, Browner, Revis and Vereen. They are still the team to beat but the rest of the division has closed the gap.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The jets got a lot better. #6 defense last year and now they have added revis. On offense they got Marshall without giving much. I don't see Mariotta or Winston lasting until them but if one of them do and they have talent that is the class of the division. Miami had the #12 defense with a nice secondary but a terrible run defense just landed Suh who will plug that middle. Tannehill is a nice qb and possibly losing clay is tough they can replace him in the draft. This division is going to be legit.

As long as Brady and Belichik are there, the Patriots are the team to beat in the division. They've proven this over and over again. Teams don't get awards for being paper champions.

Sadly, yes. They retool constantly, save for the two you mentioned, but the script remains the same.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that the Patriots are done. If you think that the Pats are near the same team that they were a month ago though you are crazy. They are down Wilfork, Browner, Revis and Vereen. They are still the team to beat but the rest of the division has closed the gap.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. They still have this guy named Rob Gronkowski. Not sure if you've heard of him. Edelman's pretty good and they could end up with a RB like Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley in the draft. Either one is an upgrade over Ridley and Blount IMO. Arrington, McCourty, and Chung are decent enough in the secondary and they still have the NFL draft to fill those needs. Chandler, Collins and Ninkovich, and Donta Hightower are also solid players.

Sure they lost some high profile players but Belichik has done more with less.

I have learned over the years to never count them out. There have been threads like this each of the last 3-4 seasons if not more. The last came early in the '14 season. How did that work out? We're dealing with the devil and Dracula here.