Stephen A.Smith suggests racism in Chip Kelly's roster move

Again, this diverse board perfectly understands the argument.

What you don't understand is that it's a totally bogus argument, and by giving national airtime to a bogus argument Smith perpetuates the flawed rationale that this is race related, as opposed to business related.

Correlation does not equal causation.

It's your opinion. Assuming you are a white male, I'm not surprised you don't relate to a black male.

Again, I don't think Kelly is a racist. I think Smith says a lot of dumb things. but to act like you know what should offend other people is wrong. JMO and I'll respect your opinion.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's your opinion. Assuming you are a white male, I'm not surprised you don't relate to a black male.

Again, I don't think Kelly is a racist. I think Smith says a lot of dumb things. but to act like you know what should offend other people is wrong. JMO and I'll respect your opinion.

Assuming that human beings are incapable of relating to those of another race is pretty interesting. You might want to explore that idea a bit more.

I think you're making enough false arguments to move this thread to PPP where it rightly belongs.

My race is immaterial to this topic, because by simply making an insinuation that a person's race is important to understand a pigheaded opinion will keep race baiters alive forever.

I'm shocked more people don't agree with Smith! :)

They re-signed a guy who screamed the N word repeatedly and let other players go. I'm pretty sure if you were a black player on the team, you'd be wondering what was going on as well.

Did you even read the article? The writer easily cites numerous roster changes involving players of many races that Stephen A decided not to mention. I doubt anyone on the Eagles thinks anything like that.

I am so damn sick of all this racism crap. From the news only showing "when a poor young black man" gets arrested to this crap from Stephan A. Clown, its getting old fast...

Then imagine how people who live with it daily must feel. The fact is that racism did not end in 1865 or with the signing of the Civil Rights Act. It exists and some of us deal with it daily. I am sick of that. Go Bills!

Assuming that human beings are incapable of relating to those of another race is pretty interesting. You might want to explore that idea a bit more.

This is the guy who posts that "white, old men" are collective boogeymen. He's already proven himself.

@ProFootballTalk: ESPN's Stephen A. Smith suggests racism in Chip Kelly's roster moves http://t.co/hUukJI1H57

is there a bigger idiot in the media? i dont get how this guy still has a job

Eagles trade McCoy and replace him with Gore but somehow their moves are racist...come on

countdown to yet another stephen a smith apology

Well, to be fair, this seems like a case of someone being offended for someone else who may or may not have a problem.

To allege racism, or race issues, where none exist completely undermines those actually working against real racism and race issues.

This.

Also, if Chip Kelly really didn't like having black people around, he sure picked the wrong profession.

To allege racism, or race issues, where none exist completely undermines those actually working against real racism and race issues.

This in a nutshell. Stephen A. Smith plays the racism card far too much. It's tiring.