Stephen A.Smith suggests racism in Chip Kelly's roster move

Smith also failed to mention that the player Kelly acquired in the McCoy trade, Kiko Alonso, is Latino. And Smith fails to mention that the quarterback Kelly just signed to a new contract, Mark Sanchez, is of Mexican-American heritage. And Smith fails to mention that the quarterback Kelly desperately wants to draft, Marcus Mariota, is of Samoan heritage. And Smith fails to mention that the cornerback Kelly is expected to sign when free agency opens tomorrow, Byron Maxwell, is black. And Smith fails to mention that the running back Kelly is expected to sign when free agency opens tomorrow, Frank Gore, is black. If Kelly is a racist who wants to build a roster full of white guys, he’s doing a spectacularly bad job of it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/espns-stephen-a-smith-suggests-racism-in-chip-kellys-roster-moves/

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm around philly...i don't hear anyone saying that

I'm just repeatedly what Smith said. What black barber shop are you in? :)

Smith also failed to mention that the player Kelly acquired in the McCoy trade, Kiko Alonso, is Latino. And Smith fails to mention that the quarterback Kelly just signed to a new contract, Mark Sanchez, is of Mexican-American heritage. And Smith fails to mention that the quarterback Kelly desperately wants to draft, Marcus Mariota, is of Samoan heritage. And Smith fails to mention that the cornerback Kelly is expected to sign when free agency opens tomorrow, Byron Maxwell, is black. And Smith fails to mention that the running back Kelly is expected to sign when free agency opens tomorrow, Frank Gore, is black. If Kelly is a racist who wants to build a roster full of white guys, he’s doing a spectacularly bad job of it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/09/espns-stephen-a-smith-suggests-racism-in-chip-kellys-roster-moves/

It all comes back to Cooper, who kinda sucks. If he was cut or not re-signed, this won't be mentioned.

They did trade McCoy and let Maclin walk but they signed Frank Gore and Maxwell which I guess makes them both Uncle Toms???

And cut Todd Herremans

If ESPN had a shred of dignity left, they'd fire his ass for saying this ****.

Nope, they just replayed it. Lol.

You honestly think Smith is the only one in Philly who feels like this?

Of course not, but it proves howw acked out the "conversation about race" is. Whether you agree with Kelly's strategy or not he has a plan to rebuild his team and a big part of it is getting guys who will buy into his system. The team declined to resign a lot of skill players who happen to be black, and he is replacing them with other players most of whom will happen to be black. But the conversation immediately turns to Riley Cooper, who still has 4 years left on a contract he signed last year.

Edited by GG

You honestly think Smith is the only one in Philly who feels like this?

I'm sure there are plenty of people in Philly just as dumb or even dumber than Smith, but how does that make losing two black players and a white player while picking up 2 black players, a latino, and extending another latino racism?

Edited by Jauronimo