Colin Kaepernick on trading block

Punch

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well-placed 49ers official on report that SF is seeking to trade QB Colin Kaepernick: "Totally false. 0% truth."

Sabres GM Tim Murray said the same, for MONTHS, about Tyler Myers.

He kept saying "I am not calling anyone or shopping Myers"...

...right up to the day we traded him to Winnipeg.

I did notice ESPN has no article on this, like they think it's rumor only at this point.

This is the most interesting story of the off-season IMO.

At a time when the 49ers are trying to shoot down rumors regarding a possible trade of quarterback Colin Kaepernick, the 49ers soon will have another significant issue to deal with.

Some very surprising news related to the 49ers is coming, likely later today, regarding a key player on the team who won’t be on the team in 2015. A formal announcement is expected on Tuesday.

That’s all we can say for now. But when it happens, you’ll be shocked — even though you’re now duly braced to be shocked.

Meanwhile, feel free to make a guess in the comments. Winner gets a free one-year subscription to PFT.

I think his contract would suddenly give us major cap issues.

major, no. but it would make it hard to add SEVERAL pieces.

his hit this year would be 12.8m, next about 14m.

its got to be patrick willis, right?

though the phrasing of "an issue to deal with" makes it sound like a suspension (aldon smith?) not a cut

Edited by NoSaint

For me it's about V. Davis, but Willis has been rumored also

i dont think davis would be a HUGE surprise though, thats why i said willis (especially with some young guys playing well at ILB there).

but i still think the "issue to deal with" and "not on the team in 2015" wording is throwing me towards something happened and a suspension may be in the pipeline (anyone with substance strikes already that might be up for a year if caught?)

Looks like Kap trade block is likely true, 9ers just pulling back because they wanted to keep it private. Could be good in that it makes Kap pissed and want to push for the trade, maybe get even better value on what we would have to give up. Or it could be bad in that they pull back on it and get cold feet.

https://twitter.com/957thegame/status/574934354767413249

https://twitter.com/957thegame/status/574934954590666752

Edited by DC Greg

You must not watch much football outside of the Bills.

I actually do, and what I see is a QB that really isn't much different that EJ. Even PFFs ratings from last year have him only one spot higher than Orton and only a couple better than EJ. Actually, their grades are pretty close on their cumulative quarterback summary.

I actually do, and what I see is a QB that really isn't much different that EJ. Even PFFs ratings from last year have him only one spot higher than Orton and only a couple better than EJ. Actually, their grades are pretty close on their cumulative quarterback summary.

He had the 17th QBR last year, we would have made the playoffs if he was on this team last year.

Ok so let's trade for him, sign Iupati, go TE in round 2 and win Super Bowl 50. Twenty five years after wide right and the Bills first Super Bowl, being Super Bowl 25. After 15 years of no playoffs and Pegula taking over, it almost seems like destiny.

Kaepernick is an elite runner with the football. EJ runs like a headless chicken and is a threat to get injured the next time he tucks the ball and runs.

On the passing front, although he can be quite inaccurate at times, Kaepernick is still a lot better than EJ.

, Kaepernick is still a lot better than EJ.

no he isn't.. he just had a better offense around him and an OC who could hide his deficiencies for a year or 2 before the league caught on

Ok so let's trade for him, sign Iupati, go TE in round 2 and win Super Bowl 50. Twenty five years after wide right and the Bills first Super Bowl, being Super Bowl 25. After 15 years of no playoffs and Pegula taking over, it almost seems like destiny.

You might be right.