Bills can win Superbowl with EJ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your argument can be exemplified by Eli Manning. He has played well at times but had years and years of horrible play.... He's really not a consistent clear cut great qb. He's been utterly aweful at times. Only 4 of 10 seasons has he completed over 60%. as a rookie his passer rating was 55...55!!! In 9 games. Fifty fricken five.

Eli can't carry a team but give him a great d, solid rb and very good WRs and he won it all. Twice...

Everything you said in the bolded sentence is wrong.

In 2011, when the Giants won their last SB, their defense was awful. Their RBs (Bradshaw and Jacobs) were mediocrities and their WRs (Nicks and Cruz were decent).

Manning threw for near 5000 yards that season, completed 61% of his passes for a whopping 8.4 YPA, 29 TDs on 16 ints and 8 game winning drives.

Eli carried that team, no doubt.

Take Flacco off the list. Playoff Flacco did his thing again this year. I have zero questions about him or Eli Manning (brought up later in thread)

Flacco's 4 td's vs the Pats should have been enough to advance.

Lets make the playoffs first before we talk superbowl.

I, personally, don't think the Bills are going to ground and pound. If you watch highlights of the 49ers and Philadelphia, both teams ran some version of the "spread" offense. Listening to Rex's comments when he got hired, he mentioned wanting EJ to use his legs more. He also mentioned how EJ didn't commit many turnovers(a spin off of Whaley's protect the ball comments today). I think they are all in on EJ and we will see a vast improvement in his play with the Bills making the playoffs.

My feeling as well

I, personally, don't think the Bills are going to ground and pound. If you watch highlights of the 49ers and Philadelphia, both teams ran some version of the "spread" offense. Listening to Rex's comments when he got hired, he mentioned wanting EJ to use his legs more. He also mentioned how EJ didn't commit many turnovers(a spin off of Whaley's protect the ball comments today). I think they are all in on EJ and we will see a vast improvement in his play with the Bills making the playoffs.

I can't remember reading anything Rex has said that would lead me to believe they are "all-in" on EJ. I did find his quote regarding his legs: "He's got some movement skills. I don't think he uses his legs enough to be quite honest with you, but hopefully we can change that."

Also regarding the QB position: "We're going to exhaust every resource we can," Ryan said. "We'll look at free agents. We'll look at the draft. We'll look at anything."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. It is true that both of these quotes are from late January, but have we heard anything since then to suggest that Ryan, or anyone else in the organization, is talking "all-in on EJ?"

I can't remember reading anything Rex has said that would lead me to believe they are "all-in" on EJ. I did find his quote regarding his legs: "He's got some movement skills. I don't think he uses his legs enough to be quite honest with you, but hopefully we can change that."

Also regarding the QB position: "We're going to exhaust every resource we can," Ryan said. "We'll look at free agents. We'll look at the draft. We'll look at anything."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. It is true that both of these quotes are from late January, but have we heard anything since then to suggest that Ryan, or anyone else in the organization, is talking "all-in on EJ?"

No we haven't. And you are spot on. All comments regarding EJ and the QB position this off-season have been very amorphous in nature and generally add up to the following statement: "We don't have a QB here yet, but we will try to find one before the season starts. And further, EJ can be improved upon."

Other than that, we are, indeed, "all in" on EJ.

:lol::lol:

Lumping EJ Manuel with the rest of the QB's on that list is highly insulting to every last one of them. First of all, THEY'VE WON A SUPER BOWL. Until he shows us something- anything- he is a lot closer to the Ryan Leafs, Jamarcus Russells, Todd Blackledges, Babe Laufenbergs, Dave Archers, Akili Smiths, Todd Collins, Chuck Longs, Eric Hipples, Randy Wrights, et al of the world than he ever will be to any QB on that list. And I could tell you some good things about every single one of those QB's. For one, take Joe Flacco off of that list immediately. Jeff Hostetler signed a big contract with the Raiders after that Super Bowl and put up some big time numbers there. The one thing that all of those QB's have in common is that they were good enough for their organizations to say, yeah this is our guy. This is a starting QB in this league. Manuel has yet to earn even that distinction. He was our starter each of the last two years by absolute 100% unadulterated default. Let's see what he brings with him to camp this year. This is his last chance.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Everything you said in the bolded sentence is wrong.

In 2011, when the Giants won their last SB, their defense was awful. Their RBs (Bradshaw and Jacobs) were mediocrities and their WRs (Nicks and Cruz were decent).

Manning threw for near 5000 yards that season, completed 61% of his passes for a whopping 8.4 YPA, 29 TDs on 16 ints and 8 game winning drives.

Eli carried that team, no doubt.

Not wrong... The defense was dominant in the playoffs, their resurgence later in 2011 was what turned their season around and allowed them to skeak in the playoffs. If not of that happened Eli's career best season was going to lead to nothing. They were 1 gm from losing out. Victor Cruz and jpp were unstoppable that year as well... If eli could truely carry a team his whole career, then explain the last two season and the first 4?

EJ is no Eli.

Nope... His first 14 games were so much better than manning it's incredible. By the EJ standard eli should have been dragged out to times square and publicly terminated halfway through his second season

Here is a list of not so great QB's that won a Superbowl,

1. Doug Williams, Washington Redskins vs Denver

2. Trent Dilfer, Baltimore Ravens vs NY Giants

3. Jeff Hostetler NY Giants vs Buffalo Bills. Was he really better than Jim Kelly?

4. Brad Johnson Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Oakland Raiders

5. Joe Flaco, Baltimore Ravens vs. San Francisco 49ers

6. Jim McMahon, Chicago Bears vs New England.

7. Phil Simms, NY Giants vs. Denver

All there teams had a top NFL Defense and a power running game.

Great post. EJ WILL BE A GOOD QB in this league. I haven't given up on him, besides; I don't want to buy another jersey.

Lumping EJ Manuel with the rest of the QB's on that list is highly insulting to every last one of them. First of all, THEY'VE WON A SUPER BOWL. Until he shows us something- anything- he is a lot closer to the Ryan Leafs, Jamarcus Russells, Todd Blackledges, Babe Laufenbergs, Dave Archers, Akili Smiths, Todd Collins, Chuck Longs, Eric Hipples, Randy Wrights, et al of the world than he ever will be to any QB on that list. And I could tell you some good things about every single one of those QB's. For one, take Joe Flacco off of that list immediately. Jeff Hostetler signed a big contract with the Raiders after that Super Bowl and put up some big time numbers there. The one thing that all of those QB's have in common is that they were good enough for their organizations to say, yeah this is our guy. This is a starting QB in this league. Manuel has yet to earn even that distinction. He was our starter each of the last two years by absolute 100% unadulterated default. Let's see what he brings with him to camp this year. This is his last chance.

are you still raging against the machine my friend?

Many would say that lumping Trent Dilfer in with Mannig, Mannig, Brees Rogers et el is HIGHLY INSULTING

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It's 2015.

And? How does Seattle get to the Superbowl? People always think times have changed. WRONG! Football is still football, Defense can win titles. 85 Bears, 86 Giants, 87 Redskins, 90 Giants, 91 Redskins, 01 Ravens, 03 Buccaneers, 13 Ravens, 14 Seahawks. You can win with a great QB or a Great Defense.

3. Jeff Hostetler NY Giants vs Buffalo Bills. Was he really better than Jim Kelly?

Please stop. You can't make chicken soup with chicken $hiTT. There isn't a team, GM, or Owner who would bank their team's fortunes on a QB that falls 20 slots below a crap list of QBs like that. I know, I know.... it's fun to post stupid crap on this forum to see what sticks, but EJ isn't even performing at the level of Fitzpatrick, OR Trentative, aka Cap'n Checkdown. If he were the starting QB for, say Miami, you'd be pretty happy.

And IMO all said QBs are way better than anything EJ will ever be.

We got some salty haters here. I love a world were we can criticize a guy who makes it in the top 1% of his profession before he turns 25.

But I'm sure you guys are doing much better in your line of work. :)

How exactly is EJ in the top 1% of his profession? If each NFL team retains 3 QBs, that means there are 96 total QBs. 1% of 96 is about 10. EJ is not anywhere near being a top 10 QB in the NFL.

We got some salty haters here. I love a world were we can criticize a guy who makes it in the top 1% of his profession before he turns 25.

But I'm sure you guys are doing much better in your line of work. :)

Did you read the fine print ? They can trash EJ just because while we (EJ fan boys) can't criticize Johnny Drunken Football for Manzeiling

5b1.png

Please stop. You can't make chicken soup with chicken $hiTT. There isn't a team, GM, or Owner who would bank their team's fortunes on a QB that falls 20 slots below a crap list of QBs like that. I know, I know.... it's fun to post stupid crap on this forum to see what sticks, but EJ isn't even performing at the level of Fitzpatrick, OR Trentative, aka Cap'n Checkdown. If he were the starting QB for, say Miami, you'd be pretty happy.

I know you are upset we did not sign Josh McClown but please drink a six pack and get over it. EJ can do it with a decent coach.