93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better band

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly. I think everybody kind of gets into rock music by being introduced by The Beatles, but then you step it up to The Stones.

This isn't even my favorite song, but this rocks so much harder than any Beatles song ever. Those horns!:

says the guy who spent $40 to park to see Garth Brooks :doh:

i like the Beatles,but my god, when it comes to rock and roll, the Stones are it. i care not to read through this thread since a "majority" are absolutely wrong. and i mean that sincerely.

jw

i like the Beatles,but my god, when it comes to rock and roll, the Stones are it. i care not to read through this thread since a "majority" are absolutely wrong. and i mean that sincerely.

jw

To think I missed you, and I mean that sincerely.

That makes no sense!

It means that while the Rolling Stones have a some great songs, the Beatles have collection of great albums all plastered with great songs on them which makes them significantly better in my mind.

jw

Nah, the majority of us just read the title and answered the poll. It doesn't say which band rocks harder or is more rock and roll, it just says "Beatles vs Stones" and "Which is the better band?"

Edited by Mark80

jw

The question didn't specify genre.

I believe the Rolling Stones defined Rock-n-Roll. I just think the Beatles put a bigger mark on the greater umbrella of "music," therefore making them the "better band."

If the question was, "who's the better/purer rock-n-roll band?" then I'd say the Stones, hands down.

jw

It asked who was the better band, not who created the best rock and roll. Considering the only instrument Mick can play is his lips -- the Beatles are clearly the winner.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

It asked who was the better band, not who created the best rock and roll. Considering the only instrument Mick can play is his lips -- the Beatles are clearly the winner.

He plays all kinds of instruments, you just don't usually see him since the vocals are his thing... Guitar, drums (other percussion), harmonica... Etc..

This topic is silly. You might as well take a poll on which are your favorite bj's. Greatness is greatness.

Definitely that single mom who stopped half way through to answer the door, pay the pizza guy and then returned to finish the job before we ate the pizza.

Definitely that single mom who stopped half way through to answer the door, pay the pizza guy and then returned to finish the job before we ate the pizza.

LMAO...

I always thought "Waiting on a Friend" was The Stones best song! Actually, written almost 10 years earlier during "Goats Head Soup"... But released on Tatoo You.

jw

The Who in their prime were a better Rock and Roll band than the Stones. No one is "absolutely" wrong as taste in art is universally subjective.

The Who in their prime were a better Rock and Roll band than the Stones. No one is "absolutely" wrong as taste in art is universally subjective.

The Who were overrated. Fact.

100% Agree. Beatles are elevator music, Stones bad ass rock.

Elevator music. I guess you don't listen much. Go read some Books put out by Mark Lewishon

The Who were overrated. Fact.

Overated by you maybe, Huge influence with Pete and Keith. Go listen to Live at Leeds.

LMAO...

I always thought "Waiting on a Friend" was The Stones best song! Actually, written almost 10 years earlier during "Goats Head Soup"... But released on Tatoo You.

Been a fan since 65, not even close. You like it that's all that matters. Goats head came out in 73. Tattoo you in 81

I think Pink Floyd should have been included in the poll. And I still couldn't answer who is better even with Pink Floyd tossed in there.

Far from Rock n Roll here. Like them however.

This like saying who was better Wayne gretzky or Mario

Elevator music. I guess you don't listen much. Go read some Books put out by Mark Lewishon

Overated by you maybe, Huge influence with Pete and Keith. Go listen to Live at Leeds.

Been a fan since 65, not even close. You like it that's all that matters. Goats head came out in 73. Tattoo you in 81

Far from Rock n Roll here. Like them however.

This like saying who was better Wayne gretzky or Mario

Who cares? Mark Messier was better than both of them. Fact.