Shady+Bryce+ Booby = Bye Freddy

He's only extended through this season. He may make it to the season as the back up as he is not that expensive. He won't be extended, and will most likely retire at the end of the season. He's the only jersey I've ever owned, and love what he has contributed to the team.

All things come to an end, and he did look markedly slower last year. I hope Fred stays in Buffalo like JK, and TT. He'll be a great statesman for Buffalo, and he seems articulate enough he could end up calling games, etc.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We gots the backs now. Get Freddy a rocker.

You know what man?

Players/coaches/GM's/media members and family members of all of the aforementioned read message boards.

I get that it's a "win now", "next man up" league--but show some respect.

Fred Jackson has been nothing but the ultimate professional in Buffalo since he arrived. He is (by all accounts) a great team mate, a great leader, a great family man, and a great person. And considering he's made it through how many regime changes and coaching changes as a Bill, I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way.

I assure you I am in no way connected to the man or the organization, and I'm well past the days of idolizing professional athletes. And don't get me wrong--we've all said things about these guys on a Sunday afternoon we wouldn't say to their face.

But considering these douchy mods give you warning points and PM's when you call out the little bottom boys running around on this site who passive aggressively disagree with you by criticizing your spelling mistakes, everyone who posted in this thread who agrees with you, (and the mods that have let it linger on the front page without deleting it) should get a f*cking clue.

And stop asking why athletes "want out" of Buffalo.

Idiots.

Fred's cap hit is only 2.7M and he does everything well; he's a team captain. No way he gets cut unless his legs fall off.

This .

If you think he is shot think about the Chicago OT last season. He isn't a number one by a long shot but he is very productive for us.

I was thinking this might happen earlier in the offseason if we picked up a decent runner... I'd like to keep FredEx because he's one of my favorites... but being objective about it, I could see him being a cap casualty. Hopefully if it happens, we turn around and offer him a position on the staff heh.

In 2011, Fred was ProFootballFocus' #1 back overall, and #2 in receiving backs to Ray Rice. McCoy was #20, Spiller, #13, Boobie #80, Bryce Brown non-existent.

In 2012, Spiller was ProFootballFocus' #2 back. Fred was #104, Bryce #137, and Boobie #83.

In 2013, McCoy was #1, Fred was up to #18, Bryce up to #49, Boobie up to #68, and Spiller down to #137.

In 2014, Fred was #22, Bryce up to #27, CJ still down at #130, and McCoy was #146.

Who's done?

All you have to look at is your 2014 line to know you either terribly misinterpreted something or that the numbers are way off. Fred and Bryce top 30 while a 1300 yard rusher is 146. Come on...think through something before you post it.

One can only hope that we are done with fred. He has nothing to offer. the heart that everyone always raves about is the most overblown statement I have ever heard.

You know what man?

Players/coaches/GM's/media members and family members of all of the aforementioned read message boards.

Fred Jackson has been nothing but the ultimate professional in Buffalo since he arrived. He is (by all accounts) a great team mate, a great leader, a great family man, and a great person. And considering he's made it through how many regime changes and coaching changes as a Bill, I don't think I'm the only one that feels this way.

I assure you I am in no way connected to the man or the organization, and I'm well past the days of idolizing professional athletes. And don't get me wrong--we've all said things about these guys on a Sunday afternoon we wouldn't say to their face.

But considering these douchy mods give you warning points and PM's when you call out the little bottom boys running around on this site who passive aggressively disagree with you by criticizing your spelling mistakes, everyone who posted in this thread who agrees with you, (and the mods that have let it linger on the front page without deleting it) should get a f*cking clue.

Idiots.

I agree. Every year these scum balls come out of the toilet to gleefully say Fred is washed up just a old guy they keep around for old times sake. Every year he proves them wrong. And sure it's OK to think maybe he's not the back he was, but why the disrespect? Are the "running in quicksand" and "get him a rocking chair" remarks necessary?

For the life of me I don't understand why these creeps enjoy mocking one of the finest men to suit up for the Bills.

Lololololololol. Buffaloed in Pennsylvania strikes out again.

Looks like the freddy haters club with the consigliere in Tampa has to watch ole freddy sign his EXTENSION.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Douchey posts haunt you.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

You know what man?

Idiots.

I agree with you 100%. Great post.

We gots the backs now. Get Freddy a rocker.

I think Freddy is better than 2 of the 3 backs you named. And while not better than Shady, I think Fred still runs with more authority between the tackles than Shady.

The other thing is that Freddy's commitment and motor make the players around him train & play harder. That leads to wins.

I think Freddy is better than 2 of the 3 backs you named. And while not better than Shady, I think Fred still runs with more authority between the tackles than Shady.

The other thing is that Freddy's commitment and motor make the players around him train & play harder. That leads to wins.

yeah he`s been such a winner over his career.He`s like the QBs we keep getting. Not good enough.

This is not even up for debate. As a life long Bills fan we, have suffered through nearly two decades of losing. The one thing we have always been able to fall back on was having one of the classiest organizations in the league. Kiss that goodbye if Fred Jackson leaves this team. He better be in a walker before this team thinks about releasing him. Fred retires as a Bill or I lose a LOT of respect for this organization, as well as fans begin turning on the new regime before the games even start.

I`m not a Powell fan. Don`t know enough about him. I know plenty about Fred. So does Rex and company now. Wonder if he would have taken the job,if he knew he was going to be under cut again.

So who did you want who could replace Fred as the "best?"

And Powell was the planned replacement, so uh, no.