Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Text from my brother (FO for another team) -- "Chip is nuts. There are a lot of LBs better than Alonso in the draft. There are NO RBs like McCoy in the draft."

It's all about the money and in Kelly's case he is possibly caught up the sentiment. Loved Kiko on the Ducks. he is a Bill's fan favorite. An unproven one though, with possible potential. here's to hoping he passes the Eagles physical. And top three backs do not grow on trees like some claim.

But, it is nice to see Whaley growing a sack. this could be a blockbuster trade favoring the Bills.Who cares what he costs. just win baby!

We traded an every down player who played zero downs in 2014 and has had 2 major knee injuries in 5 years....

Well said. That's stunning in black and white.

:beer:

Fred's last year and Brown looks like a bust. If we pass up a RB in this draft then we are doomed. There's literally 5-6 starting RB's in this draft and Gurley will be a pro bowler in 2 yrs

You're right, they do need some youth and this is a good class coming in. They probably should take one in the draft this year... it's just now they don't absolutely have to. It gives them flexibility, not just in the draft but in FA.

I'm sure somebody else posted this earlier, but when I first saw the "Alonso traded for McCoy" tweet, for a second my heart stopped thinking it was for Colt McCoy.

Got a text that made me think it was for Colt McCoy....almost threw up....then I realized it was my Philly fan brother in law who was p eed off about trading Shady

I may be one of the few, but I would rather have Kiko and re-sign CJ (at presumably a much lower cap hit than Shady).

I suspect that the Eagles will be the ones that will have both Kiko and CJ now.

I keep on reading how Kiko is redundant given that we had a top defense last year. Did I miss something - have we re-signed Jerry Hughes? Rhetorical question. Even if we sign Hughes, we will be spending a huge amount of money on both Hughes and McCoy as opposed to Kiko and CJ.

Oh well.

Go Bills!

His numbers were in free fall because the Eagles threw the football at a 3/2 ratio. Plus, rumor has it that McCoy fell out of favor with Kelly (and vice versa) due to personality differences.

Yup. Any fantasy player who drafted Shady 1st overall knows all about that pain.

Not happy with this deal. You don't trade away a potential defensive superstar LB. He reminded me of Luke Kuechly in his enthusiasm, intelligence and instincts. Look at wht he has done for the Panthers.

This stinks.

We have Nigel Bradham and Preston Brown, both super young, both super talented. And frankly, Bradham's play this year exceeded Kiko's magnificent play his rookie year if you ask me. You can only play 2 LBs at once in most NFL situations, we couldn't afford to keep all three past their rookie deals (Nigel's is almost up). Think about it that way, it might make you feel better.

His numbers were in free fall because the Eagles threw the football at a 3/2 ratio. Plus, rumor has it that McCoy fell out of favor with Kelly (and vice versa) due to personality differences.

Fact is they found backs who outperformed him in both passing and short yardage situations. If he were versatile like people keep saying he is, he would have stayed on the field Edited by JTSP

I think at most we see 2 strong years...

I'd have to agree. The public opinion will be overwhelmingly in our favor because it's a lobsided fantasy football trade, but when you factor in longevity it's probably a lot closer than most think. That's assuming both stay healthy.

I keep on reading how Kiko is redundant given that we had a top defense last year. Did I miss something - have we re-signed Jerry Hughes? Rhetorical question. Even if we sign Hughes, we will be spending a huge amount of money on both Hughes and McCoy as opposed to Kiko and CJ.

That would be Hughes and McCoy vs. Hughes, Kiko, and CJ. And CJ would cost more money than we were paying him.

Fact is they found backs who outperformed him in both passing and sorry yardage situations. If he were versatile like people keep saying he is, he would have stayed on the field

chip also cut desean Jackson, claiming he was in a gang. Last I checked, he's still pretty good.

Not happy with this deal. You don't trade away a potential defensive superstar LB. He reminded me of Luke Kuechly in his enthusiasm, intelligence and instincts. Look at wht he has done for the Panthers.

This stinks.

You do when you can trade a "potential" star for a real star who is a top-3 offensive weapon.

Yup. Any fantasy player who drafted Shady 1st overall knows all about that pain.

We have Nigel Bradham and Preston Brown, both super young, both super talented. And frankly, Bradham's play this year exceeded Kiko's magnificent play his rookie year if you ask me. You can only play 2 LBs at once in most NFL situations, we couldn't afford to keep all three past their rookie deals (Nigel's is almost up). Think about it that way, it might make you feel better.

Nigel is just now getting his act together, Alonso only had one year on the field. out of position too.

I may be one of the few, but I would rather have Kiko and re-sign CJ (at presumably a much lower cap hit than Shady).

I suspect that the Eagles will be the ones that will have both Kiko and CJ now.

Oh well.

Go Bills!

I doubt very much you're alone there, and there's a lot of logic in that point of view. I agree that CJ in Philly makes sense. I do think Hughes is a forgone conclusion now, and I suspect they'll pay him a pretty penny. We don't really know the cap numbers for Shady yet or how much of his deal Philly has to eat. But he's going to cost upwards of 2 or 3 million more than CJ would have.

Cap wise, you have a point. I just don't think we need to worry about the cap, the team is in good hands in the front office and we're not in any danger of not being able to retain Dareus and Gilmore who are my biggest two must resigns.

Time will tell.