Any chance of signing Julius Thomas?

So it looks like Julius Thomas is on the outs with Denver. Does anyone think there's a reasonable chance that we sign him? Would we have the cap room to do it? I for one would love the move, as we need a play making TE, but would he price himself out of our range?

They used the franchise tag on D. Thomas. Rumor is that they're willing to let J. Thomas test the market, but they still want to get a deal done.

That's what I've been hearing, but unless Manning takes a pay cut, it doesn't seem like they'll be able to bring him back. The Raiders and Jags keep getting listed as possible landing places for him, but it's possible that he might decide he wants to go somewhere that will get more than 3 wins next year and still have his pay day

I hope he ends up here. Makes the passing game/redzone that much better. Add in a bruising back and you have a scoring offense finally, even w/ EJ. A Chandler/Thomas TE set (not to mention Gragg development) would give Roman nice options.

He wants to be paid higher than Jimmy Graham. He hasn't done anywhere near the same production as Graham. No thanks.

Id be shocked if he gets there. He can want a lot of things, but it seems the question is whether anyone will offer him more than we might consider