Shaun Hill: Polian would take a hard look

I always liked Hill's fire on the field and ability to not crumble under pressure. Could fill the Gap for now.

"Shaun Hill , Ht./wt 6-3, 220. Age: 35. Experience: 13 seasons.

2014 stats: 9 games (8 starts), 145-229 (63.3 pct.), 1,657 yards, 8 TDs, 7 INTs.

What they’re saying: Polian: “Pretty good prospect. He’s had enough playing time to be seasoned. He’s played pretty well in the opportunities he’s had to play, both in Detroit and St. Louis. I would probably look hard at him.”

Carucci’s take: I wish he had done a better job of avoiding interceptions, but the Bills could do worse in free agency than going with a solid pro who seemingly has what it takes to be at least a one-year solution as a starter."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/a-variety-of-qb-choices-to-add-to-bills-shopping-cart-20150228

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's Kyle Orton. And I dont mean that in a bad way.

Nothing wrong with a seasoned vet coming in. To start.

We can cry all we want about needing a "franchise" guy, but they arent available. So in the meantime . . . .

This year's Kyle Orton. And I dont mean that in a bad way.

Nothing wrong with a seasoned vet coming in. To start.

We can cry all we want about needing a "franchise" guy, but they arent available. So in the meantime . . . .

pretty much.

I hope we get Sean Mannion too, he played in a pro system and can make all the reads and audibles, looked good in 2013 when he had some one to throw too.

I'm guessing the Bills are taking a hard look at every QB possibility.

For about the last 5 years, I've always had it in the back of my mind that Shawn Hill was the best backup in the NFL.

Even though sometimes I cant even remember his name.

They're all great backups until they have to play.

I always liked Hill's fire on the field and ability to not crumble under pressure. Could fill the Gap for now.

"Shaun Hill , Ht./wt 6-3, 220. Age: 35. Experience: 13 seasons.

2014 stats: 9 games (8 starts), 145-229 (63.3 pct.), 1,657 yards, 8 TDs, 7 INTs.

What theyre saying: Polian: Pretty good prospect. Hes had enough playing time to be seasoned. Hes played pretty well in the opportunities hes had to play, both in Detroit and St. Louis. I would probably look hard at him.

Caruccis take: I wish he had done a better job of avoiding interceptions, but the Bills could do worse in free agency than going with a solid pro who seemingly has what it takes to be at least a one-year solution as a starter."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/a-variety-of-qb-choices-to-add-to-bills-shopping-cart-20150228

Please no, I would rather have signed McCown. The Bills have an opportunity right now to find a diamond in the rough. Let's get a young QB with potential to be a steal. Guys that fit into this category are Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker. Both of these players have something they bring to the table. Locker has grown in these last few years he's had some good gms mixed with some bad he's also been injured a few times. Maybe the change of scenery and the chance to play in Romans scheme can get him on the right track.

The Big Mall, Ryan Mallett has the kind of arm that QBs dream about he can make any throw fades, back shoulder, deep posts & bombs. He's still young and needs to be protected well because he's strictly a pocket passer so we need to continue to beef up our O-line and get the running gm going so we can set up play action for the intermediate and vertical passing game.

Adding 1 of these 2 players will bring in a true challenge to Ej and makes our team better. If u want a veteran guy add a Matt Hasselbeck or Shuab as a 3rd stringer for cheap. These guys can give us that veteran mentor aspect that your looking for.

Please no, I would rather have signed McCown. The Bills have an opportunity right now to find a diamond in the rough. Let's get a young QB with potential to be a steal. Guys that fit into this category are Ryan Mallett or Jake Locker. Both of these players have something they bring to the table. Locker has grown in these last few years he's had some good gms mixed with some bad he's also been injured a few times. Maybe the change of scenery and the chance to play in Romans scheme can get him on the right track.

The Big Mall, Ryan Mallett has the kind of arm that QBs dream about he can make any throw fades, back shoulder, deep posts & bombs. He's still young and needs to be protected well because he's strictly a pocket passer so we need to continue to beef up our O-line and get the running gm going so we can set up play action for the intermediate and vertical passing game.

Adding 1 of these 2 players will bring in a true challenge to Ej and makes our team better. If u want a veteran guy add a Matt Hasselbeck or Shuab as a 3rd stringer for cheap. These guys can give us that veteran mentor aspect that your looking for.

We can do that in the draft.

We NEED a veteran to lead this team as we are in win now mode.

The first thing I do is wait and see what transpires there. You never know what teams might do. Do the Broncos and Manning part ways? This is the week they try to hammer out a deal and who knows if the Broncos low ball him and Peyton says "see ya". Does Washington or Chicago pull the rip cord and go in a new direction leaving the Bills franchise favorable trade options? What are the Eagles going to do? Will that leave the possibility of adding Foles as an option for the Bills? Finally, will the Bills be able to draft Grayson in the 3rd? If so, then you'd rather sign an old veteran Shaun Hill type than sign a developing Jake Locker type.

I hope the Bills do nothing now and just wait to see all of the dominos fall. Losing out on any of these guys is no big deal because there will be a handful of FA QBs left over like a Colt McCoy. No one out there is a long term answer anyways. That would be the only reason to strike a deal now.

Edited by 1billsfan

The first thing I do is wait and see what transpires there. You never know what teams might do. Do the Broncos and Manning part ways? This is the week they try to hammer out a deal and who knows if the Broncos low ball him and Peyton says "see ya". Does Washington or Chicago pull the rip cord and go in a new direction leaving the Bills franchise favorable trade options? What are the Eagles going to do? Will that leave the possibility of adding Foles as an option for the Bills? Finally, will the Bills be able to draft Grayson in the 3rd? If so, then you'd rather sign an old veteran Shaun Hill type than sign a developing Jake Locker type.

I hope the Bills do nothing now and just wait to see all of the dominos fall. Losing out on any of these guys is no big deal because there will be a handful of FA QBs left over like a Colt McCoy. No one out there is a long term answer anyways. That would be the only reason to strike a deal now.

Well said....Cutler and Bradford may not move but I don't think each team wants to pay what they're making now. Like you said, interesting week coming up.

I would rather have signed Peyton Manning. Both he and Orton are under contract to other teams, move on.

I would like Mallet, but 1) guy goes to start 1 game gets hurt - we would need a backup plan for sure 2) O'Brien says he wants him back, Mallet says he wants to be back - we need to see how that goes.

I'm more meh about Locker. He was inaccurate in college, he's been inaccurate as a pro, he's rough for sure but I don't see the diamond.

This is basically my feeling that I would really like to see the Bills sign more than one FA, especially if one of them is a 2nd tier guy who doesn't command that much salary, like Hill.

And draft a guy. And if you can make a trade, do that too. Take the Seattle approach.

I would rather have signed Peyton Manning. Both he and Orton are under contract to other teams, move on.

I would like Mallet, but 1) guy goes to start 1 game gets hurt - we would need a backup plan for sure 2) O'Brien says he wants him back, Mallet says he wants to be back - we need to see how that goes.

I'm more meh about Locker. He was inaccurate in college, he's been inaccurate as a pro, he's rough for sure but I don't see the diamond.

This is basically my feeling that I would really like to see the Bills sign more than one FA, especially if one of them is a 2nd tier guy who doesn't command that much salary, like Hill.

And draft a guy. And if you can make a trade, do that too. Take the Seattle approach.

What is this infatuation with over the Hill, He's barely a 500 QB maybe under in terms of his career. He's got a noodle arm and he's 35 yrs old are u kidding me. We might as well bring back Fitz he's way better then over the Hill. I know Houston wants Mallett back but dollars make sense and if we offer a better deal we can get him remember he's a free agent. Also we can still take the Seattle approach with Mallett and still draft a QB. As far I'm concerned adding a guy like Hill is like bunting when the bases are loaded u might just hit into a double play.

MOF ask any Rams fan how that went with over the Hill. If he wants to sign for less then 2 mil to be the 3rd stringer I'm cool with that. But as a starting option he'll to the no, please no. Adding Mallett to challenge Manuel at least u have a couple young guns battling out with the possibility of hitting a home run.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers