Bills need to orchestrate a trade for a viable starting QB!!

I don't see how the Bills expect to compete for the playoffs with a below average to average starting QB (Sanchez/Hoyer) or a young developing QB.

(Manuel).

With so many high quality FAs available at so many positions (except QB) they can fill those other needs if they really want to. They won't get a starting QB in this year's draft most likely.

It's time that Ryan learn his lesson and go get a real starting QB. I'm talking about P. Manning, Brees, RGIII, etc.

Settling for Sanchez or Hoyer or worse is not going to get it done.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RGIII? You used him in the same sentence as Brees and Manning

and by the way, how many seasons do Brees and Manning have left? Why spend a ton to get a guy for one or two years. Then we are right back where we started.

I say we trade for Aaron Rogers! Yep, that's do, let's get Aaron Rogers

and if Green Bay won't play nice, we can complain to Jamestown favorite son Roger Goodell and he will suspend the Packers franchise because they refused to trade us Aaron Rogers.

Here's the thing: We have the top of the line tool set (the Craftsman or Snap On if you will) in EJ Manuel....but we don't have the master mechanic. We need that one guy to come in and show EJ the ropes (Orton was not that guy because he had one foot in the hot tub at Shady Pines Retirement Home). Only one man can show EJ how to make it in the big league...technique, spiral throws, footwork and positive mental attitude. We had him last year and Marrone let him go. Call him up...he would definitely come back.

Edited by BringBackFergy

RGIII? You used him in the same sentence as Brees and Manning

and by the way, how many seasons do Brees and Manning have left? Why spend a ton to get a guy for one or two years. Then we are right back where we started.

Not that it would ever happen, but if we acquired Drew Brees we'd most likely be a top 3, if not THE super bowl favorite. We wouldn't be anywhere near where we started. It's unlikely he has only 1 or 2 years left imo. Manning might not make as much sense, but just about any other good qb makes complete sense. Of the top 10-15 QBs in the NFL, I'd bet only manning (possibly Brady if Mario kills him) would set us back after 1 or 2 years. And if they won a SB in those one or two years, we'd be much better off than we are now. Nowhere near where we started. I'd give up next years first and more for Brees right now

I say we trade for Aaron Rogers! Yep, that's do, let's get Aaron Rogers

and if Green Bay won't play nice, we can complain to Jamestown favorite son Roger Goodell and he will suspend the Packers franchise because they refused to trade us Aaron Rogers.

I agree with going after Rogers .... but I would like to propose we go after Brady too as Aaron's back up ..... that way we have a starter and a decent back up if that pesky calf injury flares up again. While we are at it we may as well get Brees and Rivers too for "camp arms" and to provide a little competition in training camp.

I don't see how the Bills expect to compete for the playoffs with a below average to average starting QB (Sanchez/Hoyer) or a young developing QB.

(Manuel).

With so many high quality FAs available at so many positions (except QB) they can fill those other needs if they really want to. They won't get a starting QB in this year's draft most likely.

It's time that Ryan learn his lesson and go get a real starting QB. I'm talking about P. Manning, Brees, RGIII, etc.

Becuase you want a trade to happen doesn't mean it's available to be made. It takes two teams. If the other teams aren't trading their QB the Bills are S-O-L. That's the breaks. Whaley can't make another team put their QB on the block.

(Manuel).

Wow, what an amazing insight! Of course you're right! We need to go after a really top notch QB like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, maybe settle for Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or that Wilson dude has his moments.

Of course, being an amazing insight, it won't occur to those teams that currently have these guys under contract that if they let 'em go at any price....THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS EITHER WITHOUT A TOP NOTCH QB! Shhhhhhhhh! It can be our secret! Don't tell them! We'll really pull a slick one over on those teams!

:rolleyes:

I agree with going after Rogers .... but I would like to propose we go after Brady too as Aaron's back up ..... that way we have a starter and a decent back up if that pesky calf injury flares up again. While we are at it we may as well get Brees and Rivers too for "camp arms" and to provide a little competition in training camp.

I like the way you think!

Edited by Hopeful