Do you, or did you, consider yourself a drunkard?

GOBILLS78

Stumbled upon this link: http://drunkard.com/issues/01-04/01-04-40-things.htm

I'm wondering how many of these items you have crossed off during your drinking life.

I've managed to clear a meager 10 items on this list (and that's as high as it will ever get), but I know there are some serious professionals on TBD. How many have you done? Winner gets nothing but stink-eyed judgement from the peanut gallery.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a legit 12. There were several more that are borderline for me.

For instance:

I did not "spend the night" in the drunk tank, they let me go as soon as I posted bail.

I didn't buy the whole bar a round, but I did buy a table of twenty people two rounds.

I never sat on the grave of a hero, drinking and talking with him, but we tripped in the graveyard once and set off the alarm at the crematory (funny chain of events following that one).

Edit: 13. I did open and close a bar once. I moved out in the sticks with mom during my divorce and there was an old redneck biker country blues bar by her place.

Me, a Bimmer driving, nerdy/pretty boy lookin, well dressed city slicker, in what turned out to be the roughest dive that I ever was a regular in, made for some pretty damned good times! I was sorta the Frazier Crane of that place for a while. Oh, and country/biker girls can be very naughty!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER

i think i was at 8, but none of them were the bad things you do while drinking....i answered yes to the 100 different drinks because i count each unique beer as an individual drink, and according to untappd i have checked into 986 unique beers on the app. also why does making your own beer make you a drunkard.

16.) Get drunk with your father.
18.) Visit the source of your favorite beer, wine or liquor
22.) Try at least one hundred different drinks.
24.) Juice on the job.(at lunch)
29.) Eat a pickled egg from the big jar.
30.) Go on a fishing trip with your pals.
31.) Eat the worm.
32.) Learn at least one traditional drinking song.
36.) Experience absinthe.(Yawn)
39.) Make your own beer, wine or moonshine.

Surprisingly only 7

Ever get drunk with your dad? Yeah. Big deal

Ever visit the source of your favorite beer, liquor or wine? Well I live an hour from Napa/Sonoma so yes. About a hundred times

Ever experience Absinthe? Oh yeah. Actually had a bottle of homemade stuff once. Wowzer

The rest were nothing special. I guess I'm a boring drunkard.

now when they say open and close a bar, does that mean you have been there the entire time? there were many times we opened the fountain grill in fredonia at 8AM watch Pee Wees Playhouse at 10AM, do other activities, mostly involving more drinking, then be back for the night and close it down at 2AM. Also I hope they are not including bars/nightclubs that open at 9PM and close at 2AM

Wow, I'm not nearly as bad a drunk as I would have thought-Only 5...6 if you include buying a crowded bar after winning their super bowl pool but I don't think that is in the spirit since it is more or less expected.

now when they say open and close a bar, does that mean you have been there the entire time? there were many times we opened the fountain grill in fredonia at 8AM watch Pee Wees Playhouse at 10AM, do other activities, mostly involving more drinking, then be back for the night and close it down at 2AM. Also I hope they are not including bars/nightclubs that open at 9PM and close at 2AM

Fountain Grill scenario counts, 9PM-2AM doesn't (Just my opinion)

Is this how you got your higher education At Fredonia state?

The entire time, never leaving your bar stool except to visit the restroom.

I scored a 15. But I have now 6 days clean and sober and intend to stay that way. I go to meetings regularly. Previously was drunk every day of my life for the at least the last 10 years. My wife and family have all left me because of it. I now have to sell my house and all other properties to settle the separation. I now need to find a new place to live in the next 60 days. So yes I was a drunkard but at least now have 6 days clean and sober. Please say a prayer for me to help me stay that way. It's destroyed my family and my life.

I might move back to Buffalo, how much would a decent 2 bedroom 2 bath cost in the city close to everything. Could be a house or a newer condo on the water front?

Edited by Fan in San Diego

I scored a 15. But I have now 6 days clean and sober and intend to stay that way. I go to meetings regularly. Previously was drunk every day of my life for the at least the last 10 years. My wife and family have all left me because of it. I now have to sell my house and all other properties to settle the separation. I now need to find a new place to live in the next 60 days. So yes I was a drunkard but at least now have 6 days clean and sober. Please say a prayer for me to help me stay that way. It's destroyed my family and my life.

I might move back to Buffalo, how much would a decent 2 bedroom 2 bath cost in the city close to everything. Could be a house or a newer condo on the water front?

Wow man that sucks. Congrats on the six days man. I know it's not easy but one day at a time.

Prayers to you.

Two....#13 and # 39.