Justin Blalock Release

montanafan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills also have a ton of guards signed under futures contracts - I know nothing about any of them (likely all projects/longshots), but thought it interesting that they have more a lot more guards signed than any other position. They know its an area of need.

Thanks for pointing this out. According to our official roster, the Bills have 8 Guards, and that's not including Kujo. Assuming Incognito has one spot locked up, thats 7-8 guys for 1 other spot. I bet they'd still like to add talent there, but it will most likely be through the draft if anything.

Dunno, if we are building a bully, we need more bullies on the O-Line. It could be that some of the rooks from last year take that big step up. That would be the best thing. Still, I'd like to see a veteran signing to ensure we don't repeat last year's interior line fail.

Dunno, if we are building a bully, we need more bullies on the O-Line. It could be that some of the rooks from last year take that big step up. That would be the best thing. Still, I'd like to see a veteran signing to ensure we don't repeat last year's interior line fail.

Like signing the biggest bully in recent NFL history who happens to play OG?

Like signing the biggest bully in recent NFL history who happens to play OG?

Yeah I get it but that still leaves no bully at the other guard spot and Seantrel was pretty shaky and hardly a force. So that's why I said more bullies. For once I wanted to see a Bills O-line that dictated play. We have some elite skill players now but I still don't see a Bully O-Line. Do you? It's still early on and there is always the draft but it's rare to have a rook come in and dominate on the O-Line.

Yeah I get it but that still leaves no bully at the other guard spot and Seantrel was pretty shaky and hardly a force. So that's why I said more bullies. For once I wanted to see a Bills O-line that dictated play. We have some elite skill players now but I still don't see a Bully O-Line. Do you? It's still early on and there is always the draft but it's rare to have a rook come in and dominate on the O-Line.

The problem is that what you're describing--a "bully OL" that dominates--is incredibly rare in the NFL. I've heard it said time and again that "dominating" in the NFL means gaining a slight edge on your assignment 6 times out of 10.

Moreover, building this type of line takes a LOT of time and/or investment. It took Dallas 5+ years, 3 first-round picks, and multiple FA signings to assemble their OL, which is the closest thing to what you're describing.

Believe it or not, Buffalo is actually pretty close on the OL...have been for a couple of years. They just never replaced Levitre and didn't plan for Urbik to go downhill so quickly.

Find a way to acquire a guard like Evans, Mathis, or Blalock, add a utility lineman like Connolly, and draft a young swing OT prospect to complete with Henderson and Kouandjio in the 3rd round and they'd be just fine.

The problem is that what you're describing--a "bully OL" that dominates--is incredibly rare in the NFL. I've heard it said time and again that "dominating" in the NFL means gaining a slight edge on your assignment 6 times out of 10.

Moreover, building this type of line takes a LOT of time and/or investment. It took Dallas 5+ years, 3 first-round picks, and multiple FA signings to assemble their OL, which is the closest thing to what you're describing.

Believe it or not, Buffalo is actually pretty close on the OL...have been for a couple of years. They just never replaced Levitre and didn't plan for Urbik to go downhill so quickly.

Find a way to acquire a guard like Evans, Mathis, or Blalock, add a utility lineman like Connolly, and draft a young swing OT prospect to complete with Henderson and Kouandjio in the 3rd round and they'd be just fine.

Yeah, but they haven't done it in the first week of March, so doomed.

Did Urbik really actually go downhill? Didn't play for most of the year and there really wasn't a straight answer that I recall.

Sounds like Marrone's doghouse to me.

Glenn's regression is what bothers me. Whatever it was hope it gets fixed, because if he continues sinking it doesn't matter how the interior improves.

Don't think we should be concerned to much with the current state of the interior OL, young players do develop and between Richardson, Hender and Kujo one of them will be grow. Factor in Incognito being at the very least better then Pears, perhaps Urbik being given playing time and the draft still to come we should be in solid shape.

Did Urbik really actually go downhill? Didn't play for most of the year and there really wasn't a straight answer that I recall.

Sounds like Marrone's doghouse to me.

Glenn's regression is what bothers me. Whatever it was hope it gets fixed, because if he continues sinking it doesn't matter how the interior improves.

Don't think we should be concerned to much with the current state of the interior OL, young players do develop and between Richardson, Hender and Kujo one of them will be grow. Factor in Incognito being at the very least better then Pears, perhaps Urbik being given playing time and the draft still to come we should be in solid shape. It was the slowest back in the league ,making the line look bad. When he missed a game with injury.Brice and Booby tore it up.

I am going to stay steady in my thinking. The Bills need another FA at guard.
I dont feel confident in C Williams at all for health reasons and skill level. as a Bu maybe.
I have no problem with Urbik as a Bu for RG and Center.

I have no problem with thinking Incognito can start at one of the guard spots , preferably right side.

Glenn Regressed as did Woods. alot.

The line was putrid mostly.

I mean really bad.
but we all saw that. Very bad pp.

I am willing to blame it away on Morris Marrone and the Kid.

Expecting, no matter who lines up that they we will better than last years effort.

But get me something solid from FA at the "other" guard spot.

Doug ? you said you would so dont piss me off

The Lions, Rams or Titans will be able to pay him more than the Bills will, so at the end of the day I'm not expecting anything to happen with him. One of those "nice thoughts if you're playing Madden", but just not connected to reality.

The Lions, Rams or Titans will be able to pay him more than the Bills will, so at the end of the day I'm not expecting anything to happen with him. One of those "nice thoughts if you're playing Madden", but just not connected to reality.

Because we wont offer the money? Bidding war type of thing?

whats the next option up then.

All of the OL declined under last years coaching staff.....every single one of them

you mean the whole offense, i think.

All of the OL declined under last years coaching staff.....every single one of the

PFF before 2014 on Urbik. Crazy thing is Marrone thought benching him and moving Pears to RG was the best move; This is when the OL fell apart.

Right Guard: Kraig Urbik, BUF

Urbik continues to fly under the radar as one of the league’s solid guards. He ranked 21st overall at the position, including a +4.8 pass block grade that ranked 19th. He also came in eighth in Pass Blocking Efficiency at 97.3.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

If you want to build a bully, why would you want to sign a vegetarian? :unsure: