2 under the radar FA TE's

Estro

The 2 bigger name Tight End FA's this year are Julius Thomas and Jordan Cameron. Julius Thomas is an attractive option, but he will command big $$$ and I wonder how much of his success is based purely on playing with Manning. Cameron's had quite a few concussions and he also graded out very poorly according to pff's grade this past season.

2 guys that will be a lot cheaper and might be good fits with the Bills are Virgil Green from Denver and Lance Kendricks from the Rams.

Virgil Green is more of your blocking type and would replace and upgrade Lee Smith. Broncos fans love him and don't want to see him go.

Lance Kendricks was a guy I remember the Bills brass were high on entering the 2011 draft. He's more of your pass catching TE. He wasn't highly productive in STL, but he was a backup to Jared Cook the past 2 seasons. Might be a nice pickup on the cheap.

Here is how profootballfocus.com has the FA Tight End class graded out:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/25/2015-free-agents-tight-ends/

Edited by Estro

I want a matchup nightmare. A guy who can get downfield. Who can get open and who makes catches.

If we need a blocker, put in a tackle eligible.

Thats not the way Roman runs his offense

I've heard a lot of hype about Green but little to match it. I just want a young guy at this point. Do we ever draft TEs high? The only one I can remember is Kevin Everett in the 3rd and he was kinda of a project pick.

I like Virgil Green......thought he played well in the games I saw him in this past year