where were you guys

Ice bowl 67

Watched it with the Bills Backers in theHartford, CT area where I lived back then. I remember saying that the Bills should do PI on every play in the second half because it wouldn't be as bad as the score the first. Luckily I had taped it on the VCR at home.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting on my buddy's couch in Marblehead, MA (on Boston's North Shore) where I lived at the time. By the end of the first half I was basically reading the Sunday Boston Globe and looking up once every couple of minutes to check on the game but I just couldn't turn the game off. My girlfriend (now wife), buddy and his girlfriend all left to run some errands so I watched the second half by myself. Damn that was fun!

During the 1992 playoff comeback win when you beat the Oilers?

I was at the game. (I never left my seat, except to take a leak)

Still have my game ticket signed by Frank Reich.

Sec. J2 Row 1 Seat 108

When the clock wound down to 0:00, (Actually, after the Christie kick) people continued to SCREAM loudly for a good 20 minutes. A few people around me were crying. A woman came out of nowhere, and gave me a hug,and kissed me on the lips. I could not speak beyond a pathetic croak for almost a week.

It was an amazing scene.....

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

Thought the same thing. Everyone here that went stayed the whole game. But I will say, growing up in a family with a modest income and four kids, if my dad got us tickets to games, we stayed til the very end.

For this game, I listened on my parents couch (I was 13).

Most posters on here are pretty fanatical, so I wouldn't be surprised that none or very few left. And although many folks left at halftime, and some of those returned, the stadium was still more than half full in the second half. So that's at least 40k. Certainly the scores of posters on here that say they attended is a very small subset of 40k.

I had an 8pm flight back to DC and my family home is an hour in the opposite direction from the airport, so even if I wanted to leave, I had no incentive to do so. But my group very clearly determined at halftime to see it through to the bitter end out of respect for all the joy (and heartache) the team had provided us up to that point.

Yes, we didn't win a Super Bowl, but that game and 51-3 are two sporting moments I'll never forget.

I was at a bar in Chicago. I was getting owned by Oilers fans. I left the bar and went home at halftime. Got a call from my buddy. "are you watching this"? No, I gave up. Turned it on when the score was 35-10 after the first quick score. Then, just insanity.

At a friends, with wives and kids, in Hilton Head Island. When the game got ugly, he insisted we change over to Kentucky basketball. BIG fan. He ended up going to his bedroom to watch hoops on a tiny TV only to return and have the time of his life during the comeback. I never let him doubt me again! (Despite often being wrong.)

I was in the scoreboard end zone. My dad always got extra playoff tickets so I got bumped from my usual seat in H-2 (my brother didn't). I say with the son of a family friend. We stayed through the game because my brother wanted to stay.

1) How did that make you feel? (I occasionally got bumped to the end zone myself)

2) Shoot your brother a message to thank him!

At a friends, with wives and kids, in Hilton Head Island. When the game got ugly, he insisted we change over to Kentucky basketball. BIG fan. He ended up going to his bedroom to watch hoops on a tiny TV only to return and have the time of his life during the comeback. I never let him doubt me again! (Despite often being wrong.)

1) How did that make you feel? (I occasionally got bumped to the end zone myself)

2) Shoot your brother a message to thank him!

It was cool, actually. I was 11 at the time and I was sitting with a couple of 17 year olds that were pretty rowdy. I thought that I was so cool. My dad was a little nervous because that's the 1st game that I didn't watch from the seat that my brother and I shared every game for 8 years (this was near the end of that era).

He was only 9 and honestly thought that they were coming back. My dad and his friends that we attend with were all so miserable when we went to see them at halftime. We agreed that we would meet at some point (don't remember the specifics) of the score wasn't within whatever. Fortunately, we never had that rendezvous and I actually was there for the whole thing.

Heard this story from a local season ticket holder who didn't make the game that day in order to attend a funeral. As things heated up in the second half, a bunch of guys started slipping out of the service to crowd around someone with a radio out in the hall. At one point (a Reed touchdown?) they all started cheering loudly and high-fiving, until someone came out and told them to keep it down.

I was at home watching it on tv . My son got so mad at halftime he went up to his room. I kept calling up the stairs that they were coming back but he didn't be leave me. Fortunatly I taped it so he got to watch it. I told him then never give up on the Bills.

At the game in my season seats with my kids. A lot of my friends around me were leaving at half time and asked me if I was going to leave. I told them nope, I'm going to stay and boo them off the field at the end of the game just like I cheered them on when they won. So a bunch of us stayed, and had the one of the most exciting game experiences ever.

The stadium was somewhat empty after the half, and once the Bills started making the comeback I noticed that some were back in their seats by the third quarter. I asked a few what happened and they said they needed to scale the fence because they weren't getting let back through the gates. Funny stuff. I still have the gameday mag, and drill the Oilers sheet they gave out at the game.

Just an amazing day...

ywcL8m3.jpg?1

Visual proof!!! I was at the AFC Championship against the Chiefs and my face was o the original mural in the 100 level bar of the first niagara center.

For the comeback game, we all watched the whole thing at home thanks to KU-Band and a giant dish.