where were you guys

Ice bowl 67

Section C-4 Row 34 - 10 yard line Bills side Jumbotron end (basically 3 rows behind where I sit now) - where all the great stuff happened. All the scoring in the 3rd quarter - right in front of us. Muffed FG snap - right in front of us. OT interception - right in front of us. Winning FG - right in front of us.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there. I'd come back from college in Ohio to go. I was with my buddy, Matt and we were in the upper deck right about the 50. It was not nearly sold out that day. I turned to Matt at the half and said "if they don't scomre and hold them, let's go". 2nd half starts and almost immediately Reich threw the pick 6. We were so close to walking. We figured last game of the year- lets stick it out before tge 6 hour drive. Great decision. I recall seeing cars and people coming to the stadium as the comeback heated up. I think there were more people in the stadium at the end than there had been at the start.

upper deck 12 rows up 30 yard line visitor/scoreboard side - my season tickets

me and my buddy Pete were going to finish the beers we just bought and then leave when the comeback started

i still have the seat back i broke off after the game as a souvenier

I was 2 rows behind you...I guarantee we high-fived during that game (remember the 3rd Reed TD, when everyone in the section practically hugged everyone else?)

It was cool, actually. I was 11 at the time and I was sitting with a couple of 17 year olds that were pretty rowdy. I thought that I was so cool.

Good for you! My first time banished to the endzone was with a friend my age, about 11, at the Rockpile. Adults in front of us had umbrellas we couldnt see over, we got trampled in pursuit of a free ball after a kick, the Chiefs were winning and some large drunk man stole my friends program in the restroom. It was less cool than your experience, but it was still kind of cool to be on our own. The things that make kids happy...

Tokyo, Japan. There for a (great) year for work. Listened to the first part of the game on Armed Forces radio (tape delay) and stomped out of my tiny apt sure the Bills lost. Only saw in the next day's Japan Times that we came back and won. My dad taped the game for me and I watched it 10 months later when I got home.

At the game. Season tickets from 87-95. I'm always curious as to why people say stuff like "there were 70,000 people at the game but 500,000 people who claim they were there." Who would lie about going to a football game? What is Brian Williams a Bills fan? My Dad actually took some friends to the Raiders AFC Championship game so I did not attend that one. There. No shame. But I was at the Oilers game. I was at the Oilers playoff game after the 1988 season as well, which if I recall correctly, they won 21-10. Anyway I specifically remember (well I remember the whole thing) turning to my friend when it was 35-3 saying that it would be kinda cool to say we were at the biggest blowout in playoff history. And then when Kenneth Davis scored to make it 35-10 we gave each other sarcastic high fives.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I was at home here in WV watching on TV. At half time my daughter asked if we could play the new computer game we got for Christmas.

It was Monopoly. The computer was a Tandy Radio Shack computer . We left the TV on but muted the sound. The computer version of Monopoly

has some interesting sounds. As the Bills mounted the comeback, we had to find the "Save Game" function so we could play later.

One of my neighbors called to ask if we were OK, due to all the shouting, screaming and yelling that occurred.

It was that game that my daughter learned the idea of NEVER leaving a game as anything could happen.

The following March the local HS hoops team came back from a 20 point third quarter deficit in the WV state hoops semi-final game. We won in OT

At the end of the game my daughter and I said "its just like the Bills game."

The HS won the state championship the following night..

In the old section J4 for the whole wonderful, spine-tingling, incredible thing. In our group, it was standing policy to never leave before the game was over, no matter how bad it got. This game tested that theory, especially after the pick six by the Oilers' LB.

It's been analyzed to death, but I have never seen a defensive coordinator and his unit implode like that since, or an offensive coordinator fail so badly at adjusting to the changes an opposing offense was making.

Combine that with future Hall Of Fame players just willing their team to win, and you get history.