Greg Hardy

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think It's bull **** on several fronts. I'm against the league acting as the arbiters of justice to begin with, but that aside, I don't think the league should go about punishing people based on mere accusations. Regardless of why the charges were dropped, the bottom line is there is no legal conviction, so the whole case rests upon the unsubstantiated claims of one person. He's already lost a year of his career due to it (because God forbid the horror of letting him play while the legal system came to a conclusion).

And are you asking why a judge might have an agenda in such a case?

How do you know?

Again, there is no case where the NFL is going to consider a judge's "agenda" after a verdict has been reached. It would never happen. The criminal justice system doesn't consider it, why would the league? Would they consider a jury's "agenda"? Of course not. Your argument makes no sense.

Let's say he didn't pay her not to show at the appeal (it seems clear he did). if she testified as she had previously, an appeals judge is unlikely to have overturned another judge's ruling.

Again, there is no case where the NFL is going to consider a judge's "agenda" after a verdict has been reached. It would never happen. The criminal justice system doesn't consider it, why would the league? Would they consider a jury's "agenda"? Of course not. Your argument makes no sense.

Let's say he didn't pay her not to show at the appeal (it seems clear he did). if she testified as she had previously, an appeals judge is unlikely to have overturned another judge's ruling.

assuming he paid her something (although we have no idea how much or little or what terms were attached), how credible is the accuser if she can be bought?

Edited by JTSP

Incognito, Ray Rice, and Greg Hardy...

Might as well bring OJ back to coach our RBs.

I want to win as much as the next guy, but I have a really hard time cheering for ****ty people.

Go Bills :bag:

Just cheer for the rest of the team. RI won't know that you're secretly not cheering for him, but he sure will think you are. Hahaha... SUCKER!!!!

From everything I've read it's just her story, no witnesses were in the room, and she didn't have any bruises. If a man with his size and strength "beat the carp out of her" I imagine there'd be physical evidence of that.

And I don't see how him paying her off, if that is in fact what happened, is evidence of his guilt. People pay to make headaches go away all the time regardless of liability.

also the league's "guilty until proven innocent" policy incentivizes players to somehow settle early and get it behind them no matter what. careers are short-lived, even if innocent they dont have the luxury of battling it out in court for years.

It would not require an appellate court to overturn it. The appeal goes to a jury where it's heard de novo. The only reason they can even have these GDC bench trials is because the judge's ruling is appealable as a matter of right. The judge's verdict means nothing. He has no conviction for this charge.

It would not require an appellate court to overturn it. The appeal goes to a jury where it's heard de novo. The only reason they can even have these GDC bench trials is because the judge's ruling is appealable as a matter of right. The judge's verdict means nothing. He has no conviction for this charge.

Correct, as a I wrote earlier in this thread, the judge's ruling is not a conviction if you decide to go the full jury trial. Since the jury trial was dismissed, Hardy has no convictions/record in NC.

The judge, based on evidence and tesitmony, found him guilty. He could have found otherwise, but he didn't. You have no evidence to support a "bias" on the judge's part.

Hardy paid her not to show up at the appeal. Why would he do that? It's equivalent to tampering.

You think the league is going to ignore everything they know about this case because, due to witness tampering, his appeal case was dismissed? I don't agree.

The judge, based on evidence and tesitmony, found him guilty. He could have found otherwise, but he didn't. You have no evidence to support a "bias" on the judge's part.

Hardy paid her not to show up at the appeal. Why would he do that? It's equivalent to tampering.

You think the league is going to ignore everything they know about this case because, due to witness tampering, his appeal case was dismissed? I don't agree.

The judge's ruling means nothing. You'll have a case when he's convicted of tampering.

• 4 weeks later...

At this point in the game they need to consider this. It looks like we have offered Hughes a deal. He must think He can get more on the open market, and I believe him. So could Greg Hardy be another option? A better option? A cheaper option? It looks,like he,is getting a suspension to start the season. So his price might be right. How about 7.5 mill a year. 5 years 18 guarantee.

Then J Camron for 7 mill

And a good Gaurd for around 5 mill.

That's 19.5 on the cap. Fills the most important holes, and we Will have plenty left to extend player next year when the cap goes up,and we will have plenty of contracts to restructure. (Mario, McCoy, and I think woods).

At this point in the game they need to consider this. It looks like we have offered Hughes a deal. He must think He can get more on the open market, and I believe him. So could Greg Hardy be another option? A better option? A cheaper option? It looks,like he,is getting a suspension to start the season. So his price might be right. How about 7.5 mill a year. 5 years 18 guarantee.

Then J Camron for 7 mill

And a good Gaurd for around 5 mill.

That's 19.5 on the cap. Fills the most important holes, and we Will have plenty left to extend player next year when the cap goes up,and we will have plenty of contracts to restructure. (Mario, McCoy, and I think woods).

If Hardy and Dareus both get suspended at the beginning of the year that would take a chunk out of the D-Line early on...Not that it's a huge deterrent...

I live in NC but I really have no idea what to think of Hardy's off-the-field stuff...Based only on what the girl said about the incident it sounds real bad...

I do however know that if there is an actual upgrade available to Hughes this off-season...it's Hardy...And the thought of a hungry Hardy on this D-Line?...Goodness...

If it does turn out that Hughes breaks the bank somewhere else...and Hardy can be had for considerably less...I can't see how The Bills don't consider it ...Hardy, Mario, Dareus, Kyle...That's a lot of talent... B-)

I think we should sign him over Hughes.

I have heard about him signing a one year "prove it" deal. Forget that, give him a 4 year deal at 7m a year with 18m guaranteed. He has his issues but he is a monster,only 27 years old ,and by all accounts a good teammate. Why Would we give him a 1 year deal when he is not going to be a problem and will produce big#s. We would get a top 5 DE for a huge discount. Let Rex worry about the PR. Moves like this will greatly improve the team and allow us to get a couple more players like Revis or J Thomas.

+1

assuming he paid her something (although we have no idea how much or little or what terms were attached), how credible is the accuser if she can be bought?

Look at it the other way. How credible is Hardy if he bought off the key witness?

Because that WILL come into evidence. Even if Hardy doesnt/didnt testify. The NFL does not have to give "due process" as that term is thrown around on message boards. "Due process" only applies to the government. I'm sure there are CBA procedures in place, but its not a court of law.

Edited by maddenboy

what other instances have there been where the NFL assumed tampering and suspended a player? is there precedent here?

Nope hopefully the possibility of a suspension keeps his price low. Months ago his agent was saying he would take a one year prove it deal. So now after some time, I'll bet he gets a desent deal. But if it's cheaper then Hughes it's a no brainer. Hughes got 10 sacks, and we were excited. Greg hardy will get 15-20 with this,line no problem.

Look at it the other way. How credible is Hardy if he bought off the key witness?

Because that WILL come into evidence. Even if Hardy doesnt/didnt testify. The NFL does not have to give "due process" as that term is thrown around on message boards. "Due process" only applies to the government. I'm sure there are CBA procedures in place, but its not a court of law.

by the way, accusers getting paid in civil court and charges end up being dropped happens all the time ... nothing new here

Nope hopefully the possibility of a suspension keeps his price low. Months ago his agent was saying he would take a one year prove it deal. So now after some time, I'll bet he gets a desent deal. But if it's cheaper then Hughes it's a no brainer. Hughes got 10 sacks, and we were excited. Greg hardy will get 15-20 with this,line no problem.

agree, Hughes is not a special player, what happened in Buffalo has gone to his head. But Hardy does have the potential to be a special player

Edited by JTSP

He's a force on the field, but after signing Incognito I doubt we'll be bringing anyone remotely that questionable into the locker room

maybe we can get ray rice too B-)

It's a bit shaky in full detail but it was supposedly pretty messy. The girlfriend and he were both drunk and got in a fight. Some debate on how much he actually roughed her up. She ended up turning him in for having a whole bunch of guns, some of which were argued to be illegal. The police seized many of the guns and made him look really bad.

But, the guy is bonafide crazy. Read his Twitter.

should fit right in then

• 2 weeks later...