So is Ray Rice next?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP deserves a second chance as well. Run him between RI and Wood.

This one is tough for me. I think he's still the best RB in the league and I do think he deserves a second chance. I think he would transform our offense. But I have no respect for him. Not only because of how he injured his child but because he probably only saw him sporadically. Once I saw those pics I couldn't root for him. I feel like we could draft a young workhorse RB instead though I think AP still has some years left. Like I said its a tough one.

This one is tough for me. I think he's still the best RB in the league and I do think he deserves a second chance. I think he would transform our offense. But I have no respect for him. Not only because of how he injured his child but because he probably only saw him sporadically. Once I saw those pics I couldn't root for him. I feel like we could draft a young workhorse RB instead though I think AP still has some years left. Like I said its a tough one.

Who cares anymore, this is about winning not some guys personal life.

I'm also a Ravens fan and watch all the games. Putting aside the domestic violence, his productivity had fallen off the cliff. There are a few good articles that suggest Ray Rice would no longer be a good option and any team would be wise to avoid or sign a cap friendly deal.

This article is a good example: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ray-rice-was-awful-when-he-last-played-football/

had a bad year. Lynch was awful at a point in time also.

The whole Ravens offense was terrible. Hard to single out 1 player.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Yikes.

Janay Rice says what Ray did was very out of character for him and that she really provoked him, etc. This doesn't make his actions right, but she does make him sound like a guy that maybe deserves a second chance.

On the other hand, I don't know how much I believe Janay. Sometimes people lie to protect the ones they love, even when those they love hurt them.

And then there's the issue of his declining production.

I'd say no to RR. AP, I'd think about.

I'm also a Ravens fan and watch all the games. Putting aside the domestic violence, his productivity had fallen off the cliff. There are a few good articles that suggest Ray Rice would no longer be a good option and any team would be wise to avoid or sign a cap friendly deal.

This article is a good example: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/ray-rice-was-awful-when-he-last-played-football/

Agreed...Rice seemed to be crashing into the vet RB wall before the incident...

The rice thing was a horrible situtation and I don't know if he has anything left. But if the bills wanted him they could start some national campaign with rice, his wife, and kim pegula about learning or recovering for domestic violence etc etc. The public would love it. The league will have a female owner as part of it. It would look like the league was being proactive and trying to do there part. They could easily put a positive spin on it. The only thing I would worry abut is can ray still play.

Kind of how I feel about it too.

A few years ago I got into an argument with my cousin about Mike Vick owning a dog again after his whole scandal. Basically my cousin (Eagles fan) was arguing that because he was playing so well, he deserved to have a dog again. My response "Child Molesters don't get to work at schools again because they are successful"

Shut him right up.

Also it seems that AP hasn't really taken these charges very seriously until he was banned by the NFL. Thats a bit hard for me to root for. I knows its a game, but personally, I like to support good people with my hard earned money. JMO

Let's go get AP.

agreed. and run him till he pukes.

The rice thing was a horrible situtation and I don't know if he has anything left. But if the bills wanted him they could start some national campaign with rice, his wife, and kim pegula about learning or recovering for domestic violence etc etc. The public would love it. The league will have a female owner as part of it. It would look like the league was being proactive and trying to do there part. They could easily put a positive spin on it. The only thing I would worry abut is can ray still play.

Well yes , there is that!!!!

Pegula was his agent. I believe he is still represented by the same agency. Just turned 28. What would your reaction be?

Why would Ray Rice be next?

Are you seriously suggesting that signing Rice who beat his wife would be the same as signing Incognito who teased his teammate?

Edited by Max997

Why would Ray Rice be next?

Are you seriously suggesting that signing Rice who beat his wife would be the same as signing Incognito who teased his teammate?

are you seriously saying that Richie's only question mark is " teasing his team mate". Maybe you have not followed this guy very closely.

Guy is f'd up in the head.

Rice may have lost it one time. RI has always been a head case