So is Ray Rice next?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about ray rice. Ravens quickly forgot about him after Forsett's season. I think Rice's numbers were already on a decline and he's 28 and he's a RB that has taken a huge workload since his days at Rutgers. I'll pass.

He wasn't on decline before 2013. It was a bad year for the Ravens offense as a whole. Look at Bernard Pierce. 4.5 yards per carry combined in years 2012 and 2014. In 2013 Bernard Pierce ypc was 2.9,even worse than Ray Rice.

He wasn't on decline before 2013. It was a bad year for the Ravens offense as a whole. Look at Bernard Pierce. 4.5 yards per carry combined in years 2012 and 2014. In 2013 Bernard Pierce ypc was 2.9,even worse than Ray Rice.

That's fair, but to be technically accurate:

His 2012 season was worse than his 2011 season: Less yds; ypc; and TD.

And his 2013 season was much worse than his 2012 season.

And then you have 2014, which we all know what happened.

And between the NFL and college he has over 2,300 rushing attempts, and that's not even counting his receptions b/c he's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.

That's fair, but to be technically accurate:

His 2012 season was worse than his 2011 season: Less yds; ypc; and TD.

And his 2013 season was much worse than his 2012 season.

And then you have 2014, which we all know what happened.And between the NFL and college he has over 2,300 rushing attempts, and that's not even counting his receptions b/c he's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.

His 2012 ypc and TDs were better than 2010. There is no downward slope.

Like I keep saying the entire Ravens offense was bad in 2013,not just Ray Rice.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

I think Spiller's going to the Jets because they have Gailey, money and word is they aren't bringing Chris Johnson back.

As for the Bills, there is no way they go after Rice. They have their veteran RB and that's Fred Jackson who is their biggest leader on the team.

I think the Bills will go RB with the #50 pick. A very good one will probably slide to them out of the top four of Gurley, Gordon, Coleman and Johnson.

If Gordon or Gurley fell that would be a great pick, but I don't see them getting that far in the draft, unless they totally blow the combine/pro day/interview process. Coleman would be a damn good third option though! He is the goods.

Edited by purple haze

are you seriously saying that Richie's only question mark is " teasing his team mate". Maybe you have not followed this guy very closely.

Guy is f'd up in the head.

Rice may have lost it one time. RI has always been a head case

Did he beat his wife or anything remotely close to it? No he didn't so comparing the two is idiotic Edited by Max997

Ray rice beat his girlfriend / fiancé, but she forgave him and still married him so what's the big deal? Incognito only verbally taunted and teased another human, it's not like that's ever ended badly, or people have ever killed themselves over a little teasing.

Both players are scum bags who should be flipping burgers for the rest of their lives instead of making millions playing a game. Teams and fans willing to overlook either of them just because they are good at football are just as much scum

Ray rice beat his girlfriend / fiancé, but she forgave him and still married him so what's the big deal? Incognito only verbally taunted and teased another human, it's not like that's ever ended badly, or people have ever killed themselves over a little teasing. Both players are scum bags who should be flipping burgers for the rest of their lives instead of making millions playing a game. Teams and fans willing to overlook either of them just because they are good at football are just as much scum

You really can't paint them with the same brush. Incognito verbally picked on a guy who could kick 90% of other guys' asses across the globe. Ray Rice beat up a woman.

I am willing to overlook Incognito's picking on a guy who wasn't good enough to hang with the big boys/was looking for an easy paycheck. That doesn't make me, or anyone else who shares my views, scum.

I am not willing to overlook what Rice did.

You really can't paint them with the same brush. Incognito verbally picked on a guy who could kick 90% of other guys' asses across the globe. Ray Rice beat up a woman.

I am willing to overlook Incognito's picking on a guy who wasn't good enough to hang with the big boys/was looking for an easy paycheck. That doesn't make me, or anyone else who shares my views, scum.

I am not willing to overlook what Rice did.

And when they sign him what are you going to do?

Behind a good to great OL, the choice of RB is pretty moot. Witness, Denver historically and the Pats recently. RI is in instant upgrade and takes a team that had no guard who would start on any other team and upgrades to maybe middle of the pack. Pick up another OG or one of the Cs steps up and we're talking OL that is better than most. With our D, we beat teams that struggle stopping the run and compete with those that can. 9-7 becomes 11-5 and we beat the friggin Pats. I'd draft a mid round RB to go with FJ and watch them both excel. Pears, Urbek and Spiller all go...Its not dull being a Bills fan these days!

No because he sucks. There are several stud RBs in the draft who can run between the tackles.

Bingo. RB is a terrible position to try and re-tread.

I love Fred to death, but he MUST be upgraded.... Woulda loved it if he became our running backs coach, but it doesn't look like that will happen...

Josh Robinson, Todd Gurley, TJ Yeldon, Duke Johnson, even late rounder-UDFA like NDSU's John Crockett..... Get a kid in here, and COACH HIM UP... Free Agency can't fix us. We go NOWHERE until we re-up on YOUNG TALENT.