Poll: Who is the Greatest (QB) of all Time?

johnwalter

203 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the greatest (QB) of all time?

• Tom Brady
    • Joe Montana
    • Johnny Unitas
    • Roger Staubach
    • Jim Kelly
    • Brett Frave
    • John Elway
    • Terry Bradshaw
    • Peyton Manning
    • No one G.O.A.T.

This wont be a popular opinion around these parts, but many people (myself included) think that his most recent championship pushed Brady out of his longstanding tie with Montana, and into sole ownership of the G.O.A.T. throne. Brady’s career in a nutshell: 13 eligible seasons, 9 AFC Championship appearances, 6 Super Bowl appearances, 4 Titles. (Cue asterisk/cheatriot/gate replies.) In that time, Brady has set numerous records (especially those measuring postseason success) with rosters that have varied enormously and included only a handful of other elite players. Scariest of all, especially as a Bills fan, is that it looks like he’s not even close to done yet.

I wanted to create a poll assessing TBD’s opinion on the greatest-of-all-time debate because I was curious about Buffalo’s (perhaps biased) thoughts on Brady’s (still unfinished) legacy, and how he stacks up against legends like Montana.

Next up to throw their hats in the ring: Rodgers and Luck.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, Brady and Montana are pretty hard to argue with...but neither is the greatest to me...I'd take Elway, Favre or Kelly any day...maybe not as great statistically, but a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Obviously, I have respect for what Brady and Montana, along with their teams have accomplished, but I always found the 49ers of the Montana era colossally dull to watch...I have a feeling, if I didn't dislike them so much, I would feel the same way about the Pats. I don't find them dull, because I root heavily against them.

Also, even if you look the other way on the cheating stuff with the Patriots, the game is so different this century than it was, even in the 90's. I know, they can only play by the rules of their time, but eventually, in the not so distant future, every passing record will be held by somebody who played between 2002-2020...is it because the QB's are so much better, or because the game has changed so much, to favor the QB?

Edited by Buftex

win or lose 4 in a row ... you can't beat that.

funny with the above list people will include Marino and ignore Kelly.

beyond that

Joe Montana

Pees When Sits has had too many cheating scandals, Tuck Rules and REF favoritism to rate the Greatest of All Time

whoops... i must've forgotten Marino.... ;)

I voted nobody. There can be no greatest. Greatest QBs can only be put in the conversation; to have a seat at the table. And it's a round table.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. It's meant for discussion. Have fun with it. If I had to pick one QB to QB one game for me, I'd take Joe.