More Workplace Violence

Ok- Now that the predictable witty comments about the current administration are somewhat complete....what do you guys suggest the US of A does in response to a fringe group in the Middle East killing someone from another country in the Middle East? While gruesome this happens every day there and the countries in the Middle East don't seem to care enough themselves to mount an effort to combat them - why should we?

Bear in mind that the current POTUS said he was getting our troops out of there and was elected.

Bear in mind that this hideous activity has gone on in this region for millennia and will likely continue....

I beg a candidate for 2016 run on a continued expensive military presence in the Middle East and see if that gets them elected....

Is there a reason you've absolved Beloved Leader for any hand in creating, or at least facilitating the current situation?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leadership in action.................

Today at the White House Press Room:

HENRY: “I want to go back to Jordan.”

EARNEST: “Yes.”

HENRY: “— and ISIS. I’m confused by your answer to Michelle’s question about the executions that happened overnight —“

EARNEST: “Yes.

HENRY: “— when you said,
‘I don’t have a reaction to it.’
I mean, how can the president yesterday say, we are here, we support Jordan, they are a key member of the collation. They make this decision over night and you can’t say whether or not you support the executions.”

Now, daaaaammmnnnnn:

Jordan’s King Abdullah ibn al-Hussein, who has trained as a pilot, may fly a bomber himself on Thursday in the country’s retaliation against the ISIS.

Several Arabic-language newspapers reported late Wednesday that the monarch would personally participate in bombing raids on the terrorist group, citing his vow Tuesday to “strike them in their strongholds.”

The king was in Washington when news broke Tuesday of pilot Muadh al-Kasasbeh’s demise at the hands of ISIS extremists. Meeting with the House Armed Services Committee shortly before leaving for Amman, he reportedly quoted the Clint Eastwood’s film “Unforgiven” and said that Jordan would pursue the jihadis until it ran “out of fuel and bullets.

Is there a reason you've absolved Beloved Leader for any hand in creating, or at least facilitating the current situation?

I would say his question is valid and you didn't answer it.

It is a cliche but maybe it just has to get even worse before it gets better. The region may very well need complete and utter chaos...full scale total war across most Muslim countries.

I mean, I don't know what to say other than a youtube video isn't going to change my mind. It's terrible, but it's almost like this area of the world has a drug problem and US involvement is a week long detox where you go back and hang out with the same friends afterwords.

If Jordan goes and literally lays complete and utter waste to that **** hole of a city Ar-Raqqa or whatever its called...I say good. Literally level the place and kill every man, women and child that is there. And it was Jordan who did it, not us.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

I would say his question is valid and you didn't answer it.

It is a cliche but maybe it just has to get even worse before it gets better. The region may very well need complete and utter chaos...full scale total war across most Muslim countries.

I mean, I don't know what to say other than a youtube video isn't going to change my mind. It's terrible, but it's almost like this area of the world has a drug problem and US involvement is a week long detox where you go back and hang out with the same friends afterwords.

If Jordan goes and literally lays complete and utter waste to that **** hole of a city Ar-Raqqa or whatever its called...I say good. Literally level the place and kill every man, women and child that is there. And it was Jordan who did it, not us.

His question was ****, and the majority of what you wrote is irrelevant to what I was getting at.

His question presupposes that Obama just found himself in this situation through no fault of his own and any criticism of how he's handled the situation is to be viewed through that prism. The reality is that Obama's policies have greatly shaped the current situation and it's perfectly reasonable to hold him accountable.

His question would be similar to a situation where a GM who took over the Bills took a drastic turn from the current team building philosophy, blew up the roster, got us in salary cap hell, and traded our best picks for the next 2-3 years for a bust QB. Then when people criticize him for not having a QB solution some arrogant jerk off with a stiffie for the GM asks with great condescension if they're just going to criticize him or do they have a better solution. The better solution was not to get to this point in the first place.

Edited by Rob's House

His question was ****, and the majority of what you wrote is irrelevant to what I was getting at.

His question presupposes that Obama just found himself in this situation through no fault of his own and any criticism of how he's handled the situation is to be viewed through that prism. The reality is that Obama's policies have greatly shaped the current situation and it's perfectly reasonable to hold him accountable.

His question would be similar to a situation where a GM who took over the Bills took a drastic turn from the current team building philosophy, blew up the roster, got us in salary cap hell, and traded our best picks for the next 2-3 years for a bust QB. Then when people criticize him for not having a QB solution some arrogant jerk off with a stiffie for the GM asks with great condescension if they're just going to criticize him or do they have a better solution. The better solution was not to get to this point in the first place.

The favorite move of many on this board (not just you), "the question is crap so I ignore." Most of the time these same people push for direct answers to their own "crap" questions.

You refuse to comment on what, if any, thoughts you have about fixing the problem. Instead, lets talk about Obama. Fair enough but lets not pretend that isn't what is going on.

You refuse to comment on what, if any, thoughts you have about fixing the problem. Instead, lets talk about Obama. Fair enough but lets not pretend that isn't what is going on.

You apparently refuse to acknowledge all the answers that people have given to Baskin's question in this very thread. And for the record, the criticism of Obama in most of this is that he steadfastly refuses to identify the enemy as Islamic extremists, even in the face of their act of burning that Jordanian pilot alive. It's completely valid to not only point this out, but to be critical of it as well.

If you want to have a discussion about how exactly we should address the issue of ISIS, then we can do that, but people don't have to outline some plan of action and submit it for your approval in order to voice an opinion.

Edited by Azalin

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-people-committed-terrible-deeds-in-the-name-of-christ-2015-2

Don't worry guys, the Christians did mean stuff too. We are one and the same.

"This is not unique to one group or one religion," Obama cautioned. "There is a tendency in us, a sinful tendency, that can pervert and distort our faith. And in today's world when hate groups have their own Twitter accounts and bigotry can fester in hidden places in cyberspace, it can be even harder to combat such intolerance. But God compels us to try."

It may not be unique to one group or religion but when you have to go back hundreds of years to find an event that even compares, then it may be time to admit that a particular religion has a problem and we won't stand for it.

Edited by What a Tuel

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-people-committed-terrible-deeds-in-the-name-of-christ-2015-2

Don't worry guys, the Christians did mean stuff too. We are one and the same.

"This is not unique to one group or one religion," Obama cautioned. "There is a tendency in us, a sinful tendency, that can pervert and distort our faith. And in today's world when hate groups have their own Twitter accounts and bigotry can fester in hidden places in cyberspace, it can be even harder to combat such intolerance. But God compels us to try."

It may not be unique to one group or religion but when you have to go back hundreds of years to find an event that even compares, then it may be time to admit that a particular religion has a problem and we won't stand for it.

So it's Twitter's fault. Awesome.

What separates me from you guys is I don't look for Obama to have the answers - I look for the GOP to have the answers - as that is the party I most align myself with. Is it not more substantive to come up with your own - realistic - executable - solutions rather than complain about what others are doing?

The GOP led congress has not - and will not - give further authorization ($) for boots on the ground and scaled up military action in the Middle East. This position is mostly political (POTUS must fail) - but it is also because the GOP simply does not want to stick their fingers into this mess. The effect of this is that BO - no matter what he wants to do - has been limited by congress in his actions - and as such - has pushed the envelope as to what the US is doing now.

John Boehner just indicated that further authorizations for expanded $ for military action in the ME was not going to happen.

But of course you guys knew that.....

Edited by baskin

What separates me from you guys is I don't look for Obama to have the answers - I look for the GOP to have the answers - as that is the party I most align myself with. Is it not more substantive to come up with your own - realistic - executable - solutions rather than complain about what others are doing?

The GOP led congress has not - and will not - give further authorization ($) for boots on the ground and scaled up military action in the Middle East. This position is mostly political (POTUS must fail) - but it is also because the GOP simply does not want to stick their fingers into this mess. The effect of this is that BO - no matter what he wants to do - has been limited by congress in his actions - and as such - has pushed the envelope as to what the US is doing now.

John Boehner just indicated that further authorizations for expanded $ for military action in the ME was not going to happen.

I don't think anyone here is looking for Obama to have any answers.

Hell, his request today for authorization to attack ISIS was a transparent political ploy to avoid taking responsibility for doing anything about ISIS. Not only does he not have answers, he actively tries to avoid having answers and committing himself to a course of action.

B. O. has no answers. He is bereft of ideas that don't involve stealing other people's money. He hasn't a clue about how the world operates. He just found out last year that buying insurance was complicated. It's his dilettante foreign policy (if one can even say he has one) chocked full of mind-numbing mistakes that have allowed ISIS to be in the position they now are.

So, ISIS isn't a movement driven by a religion, but just for the record - Christians are guilty of bad things. What a tool.

It's also relevant to point out that the Crusades were defensive wars.

Indeed.

Here is Gov. Jindal's response:

“It was nice of the President to give us a history lesson at the Prayer breakfast,” Jindal said. “Today, however, the issue right in front of his nose, in the here and now, is the terrorism of Radical Islam, the assassination of journalists, the beheading and burning alive of captives. We will be happy to keep an eye out for runaway Christians, but it would be nice if he would face the reality of the situation today. The Medieval Christian threat is under control, Mr. President. Please deal with the Radical Islamic threat today.”

What separates me from you guys is I don't look for Obama to have the answers - I look for the GOP to have the answers -

What also separates you is that we look for our leaders to lead...and you clearly are okay with the leader huddled in the fetal position under his desk, sucking his thumb in fear until his 9:17 tee time.

What separates me from you is that I don't look to either party, individually, to have the answers. I'm laboring under the assumption that both parties, plus representatives of however many minor parties, under the leadership of the President, will forge a course of action on whatever issue is under consideration at the moment. And when I say laboring, believe me, I'm laboring.