More Workplace Violence

In what may be the latest example of international workplace violence, ISIS has apparently burned the Jordanian pilot they captured in Syria to death in his cage.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/03/world/isis-captive/

An unconfirmed report indicates that before the end of next week POTUS is considering sending a sympathy card to somebody in the Jordanian government.

Sail on, Oh Ship of State.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to burn to death? Don't become a pilot. Everyone knows thats one of the hazards of the profession.

Used to be. About eighty years ago.

I read he was burned to death in a cage.

Or what the White House refers to as "a reason to play the back nine."

Reports are that the White House is getting ready to really pull out the stops, foreign policy wise. They're ordering the State Department to send King Abdullah II a mix tape of Simon and Garfunkel's greatest hits.

They'd have Kerry hand-deliver it, but he's snowed in.

You know...when you can get Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, and friggin' Israel all fighting against you, you've set a new low in international condemnation. Good job making the Taliban look rational. :thumbsup:

That's true DC.

but don't ever forget, our biggest concern right now should be to openly talk about the (ever) coming backlash against American Muslims in our neighborhoods.

that's what is important.

That's true DC.

but don't ever forget, our biggest concern right now should be to openly talk about the (ever) coming backlash against American Muslims in our neighborhoods.

that's what is important..

None of this would be happening if we had only committed NASA to Muslim outreach during the Bush administration.

And this thread here, is basically why I stay off PPP,

you guys are all just as bad as anything you criticize

and that is just effing sad.

and this failed attempt at a comment is exactly why you should stay off of PPP.

If you cannot make any type of cogent argument, and refer to posters to "as bad as" the terrorists who have just murdered people, then you are way too much of a lightweight for here.

Meanwhile:

The King of Jordan has cut short his Washington trip and

Jordan anounced all ISIS captives will be executed in a few hours

Edited by B-Man

And this thread here, is basically why I stay off PPP, you guys are all just as bad as anything you criticize and that is just effing sad.

Really? How do you figure my criticism of ISIS is as bad as ISIS itself?

Unless you're referring to my criticism of this administration's excuse for foreign policy. In which case, how do you figure my criticism of this administration's excuse for foreign policy is as bad as this administration's excuse for foreign policy itself?

Either way, that's some weird-ass logic you're using. Suffice to say, we don't miss you here very much.

Okay, get the fainting chaise ready for bowery4....................... 14122323581560705928Elsie%20Couch.jpg

A reminder of the speech the democrat's 2016 (appointed) candidate gave 2 months ago.

Touting an approach she calls “smart power,” Clinton urged America to use “every possible tool and partner” to advance peace.

This, she said, includes “leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view.”

This, she said, includes “leaving no one on the sidelines, showing respect even for one’s enemies, trying to understand and insofar as psychologically possible, empathize with their perspective and point of view.”

Look, I'm all for that, for several reasons. War is hell, and wasteful, and should be avoided as much as possible. People tend to have much more in common than differences, but differences tend to get magnified and commonalities minimized in the absence of dialog. One should respect one's enemies, lest one minimize them. Even at the worst case, understanding an enemy's perspective and point of view gives insight that aids in fighting them.

However...sometimes you just have to hoist the Jolly Roger and begin slitting throats. Some people just need killing.