OBJ 33 One Handed Catches in 1 Minute

How hard do you think this really is...for NFL receivers to pull off? Previous record was 10 so I cant imagine how many people were trying to break this record. Could Sammy do it? I'm guessing there are multiple receivers that could do this and I would love to see them all come out and compete for the record.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12250095/drew-brees-helps-odell-beckham-jr-set-guinness-world-record-most-one-handed-catches-1-minute

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and NYC. He is also very good.

Oh yeah, he definitely has a lot of talent. But with that one catch he stole the spotlight from the rest of the rookie class. He's now in the position a lot of people expected Sammy to be in. Getting asked to do publicity stunts like this world record thing, wheaties boxes, all that jazz. Lucky kid.

Oh yeah, he definitely has a lot of talent. But with that one catch he stole the spotlight from the rest of the rookie class. He's now in the position a lot of people expected Sammy to be in. Getting asked to do publicity stunts like this world record thing, wheaties boxes, all that jazz. Lucky kid.

His numbers overall are insane. Watch one game of his. He is electric doing everything. Running routes, when the ball is in the air, after the catch.

I didn't want him coming out, in fact I liked his teammate more, Landry. But he is the real deal.

Looks pretty easy. Not saying I can or cannot do that.

I'm pretty sure any WR in the NFL could have done 10 to get the "record." Hell, I'm pretty sure any college or high school WR could have if they had a quality QB throwing them the ball.

Not to get all "Get-Off-My-Lawn"y about it, but I don't like this whole one handed catch craze now in the game. More and more I am seeing receivers go up (and fail) with only one hand trying for the sports center highlight catch, when many times if they just would go after the ball the proper way with both hands they would probably make the catch (though it may not look so spectatular). I cringe that there are likely thousands of kids now practicing trying to catch with one hand thinking that is the cool way to catch a football instead of learning the fundamentals of catching it the right way.

Edited by stevewin

He wasn't corralling those balls he was plucking them out of the air. Then he was throwing them back when brees ran out of balls! He likely has te best hands in the NFL and you guys think it's easy.

I'd love for you dolts to go out in your yard and catch passes in that fashion. Then when you drop most them maybe you will change your tune.

And don't use your kids ball. Use a huge fat one. That is inflated to a minimum 12.5 psi ;-)

Edited by peterpan

also, fwiw, i remmeber my peewee coach benching me in a game because i made a one handed catch showboating as a te. he said that you always put two hands on the ball when you can, one handed catches are seldom successful.

two hands on the ball!